This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    Yup, because there are teams lined up waiting to sign a dude from a shit Russian team with 15 Goals in the past 53 Club games and an attitude problem.
    He will be lucky if a relegation side in any top 3 league will make an offer for him, his scoring record is fucking poor and he doesn't have the winner attitude proven many times when under huge pressure. I expect his value to decrease very quickly from now on (it already began when he re-signed for Rubin Kazan).

37 goals in 137 games. Ridiculously bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      He will be lucky if a relegation side in any top 3 league will make an offer for him, his scoring record is fucking poor and he doesn't have the winner attitude proven many times when under huge pressure. I expect his value to decrease very quickly from now on (it already began when he re-signed for Rubin Kazan).

37 goals in 137 games. Ridiculously bad.

Clearly we are idiots who don't understand how CQ's tactics effect his club performance.

Comment

If a 23 year-old of his international pedigree with CL experience becomes available, you can bet your arse there will be a queue of reputable European sides waiting to sign him. The fact Rubin have him tied down for 2 more years means he'll have to force the move himself and there seems to be no indication he wants to do that so sit tight and watch my boy regain his form. He'll be 24 next summer at which point on the back of a succesful season and with only 1 year remaining on his contract, Rubin will take a reasonable offer from Europe and he'll go (or he'll sign a lifetime contract and we can at least go visit the shrine of Sardar Azmoun in 30 years time outside Kazan city centre).

He averages a goal every 197 minutes if you take his club career since day 1 and he was averaging 140 minutes at the height of his Rostov days. That's up there with Hulk and above the Promes', Niasses and Musas who get top level admirers from Europe. His performance indicators and general level of play are not going to put any scouts off.

Comment

I didn’t think I’d say this as I’ve kept quiet throughout this whole Sardar fiasco. But now that it has been a good while since the start of it I have to say that I’m very disappointed in Sardar.

If only Sardar had the same attitude and maturity as Alireza had towards football. Such a damn shame..

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            If a 23 year-old of his international pedigree with CL experience becomes available, you can bet your arse there will be a queue of reputable European sides waiting to sign him. The fact Rubin have him tied down for 2 more years means he'll have to force the move himself and there seems to be no indication he wants to do that so sit tight and watch my boy regain his form. He'll be 24 next summer at which point on the back of a succesful season and with only 1 year remaining on his contract, Rubin will take a reasonable offer from Europe and he'll go (or he'll sign a lifetime contract and we can at least go visit the shrine of Sardar Azmoun in 30 years time outside Kazan city centre).
            He averages a goal every 197 minutes if you take his club career since day 1 and he was averaging 140 minutes at the height of his Rostov days. That's up there with Hulk and above the Promes', Niasses and Musas who get top level admirers from Europe. His performance indicators and general level of play are not going to put any scouts off.
            he’s not even close to hulk. hulk scored many goals in russia and was top scorer. and before you mention the age difference, note that hulk was top scorer in portugal around azmoun’s age.

Comment

You're taking about Hulk at 25. At 23, he was a J2 goalscoring sensation with a unspectacular debut season in Portugal behind him.

Comment

I have been one of his biggest supporters for some time, as many of you remember, but even I have changed my stance on him, and I think you guys should to. I no longer HAVE BIG EXPECTATIONS for this guy. He is an incredible talent, but he just seems stuck in teenage years, not growing up. How can you expect Azmoun, who really has the potential to be a top striker, to ever be on the same leve las a killer like mandzukic or costa, when the guy has to live with his parents still at the age of 23? You expect this guy to handle your expectations and the pressure of a nation on his back? I thought he performed very well in the WC, but his mental situation of the pitch screamed of somebody who was close to mental breakdown. Only the close TM group, CQ , and adrenaline kept his performances at a high level. If it was a regular league season, he would have crumbled and played poorly for a couple months before finally regaining form. Just compare him to guys like Ezatolahi and Mohammadi who in comparision to a beautiful city like Kazan live in the crappiest, coldest, most dahat parts of russia, alone, with no iranian teammates or father like coach, just working their ass off.

But I am sure there is a reason for this. Which parents would do this to their 23 year old son, who is an international figure? Parents that care, and know something we dont. If azmoun lived alone, I think he would really suffer from depression or something, and his parents know that, so they stay by his side. We make fun of berdyev, but his comments about azmoun are of somebody who cares and sees things that truly alarm him in a talented youngster. The guy cannot handle pressure or fame, and it affects his performance. When he said azmoun wasnt ready to leave to a big club, he was right. The guy cant even handle the spotlight of 3 world cup matches, let alone the pressure of a 50 game season in a demanding foreign environment, fighting for his place amongst other big strikers, with fans and media breathing down his neck.

Compare his attitude to that of the man that many say he is the heir to, Ali Daei. A guy who came from some poor corner of Ardabil, went to Sharif for a degree in engineering, and did that while pursuing a footballing career and having to deal with some of the worst coaches around, and while working multiple jobs in the bazaar to make ends meet. Somehow, this guy, with very little natural talent compared to Azmoun (so stiff he could hardly move, no dribbling ability, no agility or flexibility), scored goals at the highest level and made it to Bayern Munich, winning a German league title in the process, shining in the champions league in the LATTER stages of the competition, not the group stage, and carrying the weight of a nation on his shoulders, playing through severe injuries at times and still carrying the team, and never once responding to critics with "you come run as much as me"...

The reality is, Sardar cannot handle the pressure, it sends him into a state of mental breakdown/collapse of close to it. Even with his good performances in WC, off the pitch the guy was a train wreck. The weird/not so weird thing is, to alleviate this pressure, he could just delete instagram and focus on his game, not the comments of some idiots who know nothing about real football (anybody that did said he played very well). But hes a kid! Although he cant handle the pressure, he loves the attention and fame! He is always messing around off the field, only wants to talk about his horses and make jokes. Not that everybody needs to be a stone like Mandzukic or cold blooded like Costa, but come on, there are times when you need to be serious. I remember and interview with ARJ that azmoun interrupted in, and ARJ told him, "Sardar jan, jedi bash", and Sardar responded "Asan nemitoonam". Seems like fun and games, but there is an underlying message here, the guy is just not serious.

This guy has so much talent, but if I was a big club, the MAX I would spend on him is 10 million Euros. I cannot rely on him to carry my team in the tough moments, or overcome adversity or media pressure, or pressure from his own teammates. I could not justify having to have special conversations, accommodations, relationship with him just to get him in the mental state to play a match.

For this reason, I dont expect from sardar anymore. If he gets past these clear mental problems, he will be amazing in a big club, there is no doubt about that. But for now, hes still just a boy in terms of HIS ACTIONS AND ATTITUDE, NOT AGE, and it is thus unfair to expect him to do the work of a man.

We need to stop focussing on him so much, if he moves great, if not whatever. Allahyar sayyad is a specimen of a striker, already starting and scoring in games for SS, and is just 17, with excellent mentality, and also absolutely massive potential. He will work with Shaeffer for a 2-3 years, and around the age of 20 I think he will then move to europe, where he will be totally ready for any challenge. Lets focus on the likes of him and Delfi more. I think Delfi will make a straight jump to europe next year, as he is currently still at SS Khuzestan, all signs point to him leaving as soon as he turns 18. These guys have enormous potential as well, and in 1-2 years can be making a big impact for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                  You're taking about Hulk at 25. At 23, he was a J2 goalscoring sensation with a unspectacular debut season in Portugal behind him.
                  i stand corrected, thank you for clarifying.

Comment

so arab-Israeli forward Dia Saba is signing for Rubin Kazan for 2 million. They also have Bukharov and Poloz, so it could be that they are sorting out their forward line for when Azmoun leaves or maybe wishful thiking.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      so arab-Israeli forward Dia Saba is signing for Rubin Kazan for 2 million. They also have Bukharov and Poloz, so it could be that they are sorting out their forward line for when Azmoun leaves or maybe wishful thiking.
                      or sorting Azmoun out because of his performance...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Just saw some tweets from the last week from Russian journalists stating he has been transfer listed for €15 million euros. No offers have been received though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                          Just saw some tweets from the last week from Russian journalists stating he has been transfer listed for €15 million euros. No offers have been received though.
                          15 million is way to high for what he's doing atm!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            Let’s see how much their price tag has dropped.....last year if I remember correctly they put between a 20-25 million euro price tag on him. If he does have any suitors this summer, which I’d be surprised if he does (from a top league that is), I doubt they’d be willing to pay more than half of that at this point. Time will tell
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                              Too expensive. I’d rate him at 5 million euro’s max.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                Too expensive. I’d rate him at 5 million euro’s max.
                                Think to yourself, you're the director of transfer or coach of a mid-table/relegation battling team in a Top 4 league (Azmoun's talent level).

You have a relegation six-pointer towards end of the season....Do you really want your primary striker (and those relegation teams usually struggle for goals) be someone known to have mental breakdowns, lose temper, throw tantrums, and completely give up when pressure builds? The only money I'd pay for him, is if he'd be 3rd choice or back up option that I would normally won't have to rely on him in highly-anticipated and pressure situations.

Azmoun clearly doesn't cope well with expectations and pressure that come form playing... With those personality traits, honestly there is no better league for him than Qatar or UAE. He can chill all he wants, score a handful of goals in the season, no fans in the stadium, no body cares, and he can upload 10 Instagram stories every day, and visit friens and family in Gonbad Kavous every fortnight too.

Comment

Working...
                                X