Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the posts itt about how emotional, reactive, and short-sighted Iranians can be are ironically enough emotional, reactive, and short-sighted

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      Has Azmoun delivered against big teams "regularly"?! He had 1 good tournament in which he scored against 3 top teams. If that is even close to being "the best winger of 2016/2017" in the whole league in Holland and "The best goal scorer of 2017/2018" as a winger, then it's not about you being undecided! You are simply biased towards Azmoun!

Per your definitions, Ghoddos may have achieved more than Jahanbakhsh too.

I think you are mistaking achievement with talent! Azmoun may be a better talent "if or when" he wants to. But achievement is something conclusive!
      They've both played similar amount of minutes for both club and country. Azmoun shits on ARJ from a great height when it comes to TM and his performances show he's a consistent performer at international level. ARJ has yet to prove himself at this very same level. Those tags of best winger and topscorer are obviously impressive, I'm just stating that the time has now come for him to start doing it against higher quality opposition than simply against lower table Eredivisie opposition. As I said, I'm not saying Azmoun has definitively achieved more, just that there's a very good argument to be made of it and it's a far closer comparison than you make out.

Agreed that the talent argument is confusing matters though as Azmoun has managed to get by on his ridiculous natural talent whereas ARJ has had to work harder to reach the same level.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
        Carlos wants to bring Azmoun back.
        CQ is going to talk Azmoun and convince him to take part in the next TM camp!
        http://90tv.ir/news/465536/%d9%88%d8...85%d9%84%db%8c
        Given, we know how CQ ruthlessly dump players that “play hard to get” or come up with excuses to turn their back on Team Meli, should tell us something about CQ knowing the real reasons why Sardar wants to quit. Trust me he wouldn’t have gone back after him and end up making a “Baziken Salari” out of him.

Taremi tried to explain recently that Sardar’s reasons are not fan’s criticism-related it’s family” I have no idea what that means, maybe some obash threatened his family or something? I keep my mind open.

Ps: I think he had a great WC, yes he didn’t score but he worked his socks off stopping the opposition from scoring.
        sigpic
        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

People can say all they want about Sardar. Some justified, many not. However, there is no one currently in Iran that is a better number 9 thanks Sardar. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            They've both played similar amount of minutes for both club and country. Azmoun shits on ARJ from a great height when it comes to TM and his performances show he's a consistent performer at international level. ARJ has yet to prove himself at this very same level. Those tags of best winger and topscorer are obviously impressive, I'm just stating that the time has now come for him to start doing it against higher quality opposition than simply against lower table Eredivisie opposition. As I said, I'm not saying Azmoun has definitively achieved more, just that there's a very good argument to be made of it and it's a far closer comparison than you make out.

Agreed that the talent argument is confusing matters though as Azmoun has managed to get by on his ridiculous natural talent whereas ARJ has had to work harder to reach the same level.
            Well you can also argue playing every week for your club needs a whole other consistency (which is much more difficult) than coming back to play a few games for your national team and then leave. You could argue in that sense that Jahanbakhsh also shits on Azmoun from a great height when it comes to club consistency and professionalism.

But then again, you were talking about "achievements" and none of the above mentioned features of the two, are their achievements but rather their skills and behavior.

If you wanna talk about achievements, Jahanbakhsh's best winger of the season and best goal scorer of the season, are his achievements while for Azmoun, it's scoring against 3 top teams and scoring 23 goals for TM. That's all.

The only difference is, Azmoun is a striker while Jahanbakhsh is a winger. Put those facts together and see who's achievements count bigger. I can not believe we're even discussing this.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
              People can say all they want about Sardar. Some justified, many not. However, there is no one currently in Iran that is a better number 9 thanks Sardar. Not even close.
              we have 4 years to find him.. And I bet you with the talent pool we have there will be a better player just waiting for the opportunity and this time CQ is there to find him
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Let’s just move on. We don’t need mentally weak guys in our national team. By the next World Cup, Allahyar Sayyad can be a rising star at 20 years old. We’ve got other prospects to look forward to. If sardar can’t handle criticism and adversity then he doesn’t belong in TM, no matter how talented he is. He’s started to stagnate anyways. He hasn’t shown any true improvement or growth since he was like 21

Comment

Originally posted by arkm110 View Post
                  Let’s just move on. We don’t need mentally weak guys in our national team. By the next World Cup, Allahyar Sayyad can be a rising star at 20 years old. We’ve got other prospects to look forward to. If sardar can’t handle criticism and adversity then he doesn’t belong in TM, no matter how talented he is. He’s started to stagnate anyways. He hasn’t shown any true improvement or growth since he was like 21
                  I somewhat agree with your points that this mentality is really frustrating and shouldnt be in TM. But it does remain that sardar is easily our most talented forward, and actually performs in all his TM games, even WC.

Also, growth for a young footballer does not follow linear path OFTEN. Just because he scored vs Atletico, Bayern Anderlecht, Ajax, Sparta Prague and had good games + assists vs PSV, Man Utd doesnt mean he will be playing for real madrid two years later. Its not uncommon that such explosion/realizations of potential, are coupled with very streaky goal scoring in the league (something that really defines sardar so far in his league career, doesnt score for months, then scores every week for 2-3 months), mental breakdowns, being benched(this hasnt happened to him bc of relationship with Berdyev), and generally struggling with confidence.

For examples of such, look at young players like Rashford (burst on to scene with Van Gaal, now has def regressed under mourinho and barely plays), Renato Sanches (star of Euro 2016, signed with Bayern for big money, and now his stock has fallen so far in under two years that he could only manage a handful of games for relegated SWANSEA), even Harry Kane, at sardar's age hadnt even achieved half of what sardar has and was playing in 3rd div and 2nd div of england, now is one of the best strikers in world football. Similarly, Lewandowski was still having issues developing physically in polish club, before his GF whipped him into shape.

Clearly, development for young footballers, doesnt follow a linear path. The concerning thing with sardar isnt really his failure to develop at the same rate as 1.5 yrs ago, but instead consistent examples of him being very weak upstairs. But then again, he has had more pressure and eyes on him at his age than any of the aforementioned players had.

Lets see if he leaves rubin this summer, then assess. All signs from club and coach point to them actively TRYING to facilitate a move for around 10-15 mil EU mark.

Comment

Sardar playing ca reading now. Obviously 0-0
                    He’s wearing 20 not 33 anymore

Comment

played first half. Started second half now, think we will see shekari in a bit

Comment

Game ended vs. Championship side, Reading FC.

Sardar played 60 minutes, Reza played 30 minutes

Watch:

Comment

Azmoun looked very sharp and worked quite hard again off the ball. His pace was difficult for opposition to handle. Shekari also looked solid. Both in good physical condition.

Comment

Imo Azmoun should go to a Prem team like Huddersfield or any of the upcoming 3 teams

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                              Game ended vs. Championship side, Reading FC.

Sardar played 60 minutes, Reza played 30 minutes

Watch:

Did he play as RF? Their number 33 seemed to be their CF!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                                Imo Azmoun should go to a Prem team like Huddersfield or any of the upcoming 3 teams
                                Yup, because there are teams lined up waiting to sign a dude from a shit Russian team with 15 Goals in the past 53 Club games and an attitude problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X