This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Taz View Post
    18 months younger than ARJ and I'm not even sure ARJ has achieved all that much more than Sardar (some might argue even less)
    eeehm.....do you follow these players and their careers?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      eeehm.....do you follow these players and their careers?
      I'm not particularly decided on it myself but the argument is definitely there.

Ignoring the fact ARJ is 18 months older and comparing them side by side, there's a strong argument that Azmoun's international career and performance in European competition (the value of that CL campaign alone cannot be underplayed) outshines ARJ who, and I don't think enough has been made of this, is very much at risk of being identified as a flat-track bully who struggles against top opposition/on big occasions. The man has scored 32 league goals in the Eredivisie in the last 2 seasons and only 2 of those have been against top 5 opposition. There comes a point where he's going to have to start delivering against higher level opposition on a regular basis and that point looks like it's going to be this summer but until he does, he hasn't reached that next level and can safely be compared with Azmoun.

Comment

Originally posted by RubinKazanUK View Post
        No one is making fun of his mom. But people are saying he's using his mother's illness as an excuse. Yes the spotlight of Iran is HUGE compared to Rubin. If he feels that his ill mother's condition is worsening due to the stress of the criticism, then it's within his right to step back from the limelight. People are different and deal with things in different ways.
        I agree he played well during the World Cup. All players receive insults, for every team, from their own fans AND from opposition fans, but mental health is a huge spectrum, and he may not be able to handle it as well. As I previously said, if he think's his mother's health is suffering as a result, then that's a good reason. Of course a simpler resolution would have been to step back from social media, but I'm sure he would still hear about the insults elsewhere.
        I don't think his weak mentality is due to his career in Russia. I think he's always been this way. The Leverkusen offer was only before the World Cup by the way, so that's very much still on. I think perhaps he should have gone last season, but he has almost a blind faith in Berdyev, and so when he told Azmoun to wait until after the World Cup, he did. That blind faith in Berdyev is perhaps his strongest weapon and biggest weakness.
        Without Berdyev, Azmoun may have been wasted in some academy somewhere, but he gave him the career he has now. He has done well so far and is still young.
        As I said, I think he should have gone last summer. However, there are still options. Last season he started very poorly indeed, and that was due to the transfer stuff from last season. But in the 2nd half of the season, leading to the World Cup, he was excellent, back to his normal self. People don't seem to remember that.
        I don't care that you have a go at Rubin, they're my favourite Russian team of course, and I still think any Iranian youngster would be lucky to go there. Reza Shekari is there now and will have a big season ahead of him. But Azmoun went there and his career is owed to that club.
        Last summer, by the way, it was Rostov who could have gotten €20m for him, not Rubin. So don't say Rubin were being greedy. Rubin now are desperate to sell him. Berdyev wants him to further his career and they also need the money. They are looking for €15m (I know this from my meetings with Rubin staff during the World Cup) for him, and they are very confident that he will leave this summer.
        No one said he deserves it. No one was aware of it before he retired. But NOW, some fans are saying he's just using his mother's illness as an excuse for not dealing well with criticism. Well that's life. People are different. People deal with things in different ways. I've been there with my mother having a serious illness in the past few years. It's a horrible situation to be in, and as a family you have to rally around each other.
        If he feels he needs to dedicate himself to his family during this time, by distancing himself from the big stage, then so be it. There will be a time when he can come back from this and I'm very optimistic for his career still.
        Look, I really thank you for your inside info, and fair look st the situation as a non Iranian. I guess many of us are just really frustrated because we have so many footballing talents in Iran that don’t get out early enough and show themselves to an international audience . Sardar is one that luckily has, and we expect him to be a guide and open up doors for other young footballers to top European leagues and teams ( like ali daei before him in Germany , whose excellent professionalism and mentality earned him a move to Bayern Munich from armenia bielefield, then onto hertha Berlin . Many iranians followed him there).
        The fact that he chose to stay in Rubin was a decision I tried to reason with for a long time, before t became apparent it was in fact the desicion if somebody afraid to leave their comfort zone. Compare to somebody like davinson sanchez of Tottenham who forced Ajax to sell him to Tottenham last summer, because he said he needed I have higher level of competition to be ready to help Colombia in WC. Now everybody is different, but sardar status and popularity means he has to do more, and improve in dealing with this spotlight on him.

If u hear anything through your connections, please update us here. I too have closely watched sardars development, waking up at 4 AM the morning of exams sometimes just to watch this kids game vs tom tomsk in the middle of Russian winter on a crappy stream from California . I want nothing more than his success, but this mentality for me is not something of a serious footballer, but again, of a spoiled kid. He will need to sort it out to succeed at the highest level,regardless of if he moves or not.
        I also have high hopes that shekari develops under berdyev. But he too will need to grasp the chance to go to a better league when he has the chance. Azmoun essentially just gave up a year of his footbapl

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          Look, I really thank you for your inside info, and fair look st the situation as a non Iranian. I guess many of us are just really frustrated because we have so many footballing talents in Iran that don’t get out early enough and show themselves to an international audience . Sardar is one that luckily has, and we expect him to be a guide and open up doors for other young footballers to top European leagues and teams ( like ali daei before him in Germany , whose excellent professionalism and mentality earned him a move to Bayern Munich from armenia bielefield, then onto hertha Berlin . Many iranians followed him there).
          The fact that he chose to stay in Rubin was a decision I tried to reason with for a long time, before t became apparent it was in fact the desicion if somebody afraid to leave their comfort zone. Compare to somebody like davinson sanchez of Tottenham who forced Ajax to sell him to Tottenham last summer, because he said he needed I have higher level of competition to be ready to help Colombia in WC. Now everybody is different, but sardar status and popularity means he has to do more, and improve in dealing with this spotlight on him.

If u hear anything through your connections, please update us here. I too have closely watched sardars development, waking up at 4 AM the morning of exams sometimes just to watch this kids game vs tom tomsk in the middle of Russian winter on a crappy stream from California . I want nothing more than his success, but this mentality for me is not something of a serious footballer, but again, of a spoiled kid. He will need to sort it out to succeed at the highest level,regardless of if he moves or not.
          I also have high hopes that shekari develops under berdyev. But he too will need to grasp the chance to go to a better league when he has the chance. Azmoun essentially just gave up a year of his footbapl
          I think RubinKazanUK is Azmoun trolling here haha lol 😂😂😂 Just fking move your ass to a better league if you really are a professional footballer, learn one thing or two from Jahanbakhsh and while you’re at it grow some balls 🍑🍑

Comment

There is no questions that compared to the level of talent that Sardar has, he has thus far under performed in all competitions.
            But the good news is that at the only age of 23, he has gone through some major set backs and criticisms for his lack of delivering good performances.
            If he manages to learn from these experiences, in a not too distant future, he will turn into the player that we all expect to see.

Comment

Honestly some of these insulting posts to Azmoun disgust me. Would you say that kind of stuff to Azmoun if you saw him in person? It's unbelievable how entitled some of us are on here...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Irandoust View Post
                There is no questions that compared to the level of talent that Sardar has, he has thus far under performed in all competitions.
                But the good news is that at the only age of 23, he has gone through some major set backs and criticisms for his lack of delivering good performances.
                If he manages to learn from these experiences, in a not too distant future, he will turn into the player that we all expect to see.
                Criticisms are good for professional athletes, just look how the big stars have handled it historically. Just an example, Zlatan Ibrahimovic. It could be like fuel in the fire, Sardar if you are reading this, prove us wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by persian_parsa View Post
                  Honestly some of these insulting posts to Azmoun disgust me. Would you say that kind of stuff to Azmoun if you saw him in person? It's unbelievable how entitled some of us are on here...
                  I just did!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                    I just did!!!
                    What do your mean you just did? You went to his house and told him to grow some balls and left?

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                      Criticisms are good for professional athletes, just look how the big stars have handled it historically. Just an example, Zlatan Ibrahimovic. It could be like fuel in the fire, Sardar if you are reading this, prove us wrong!
                      My point exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                        I think it's a relevant question because a lot of the criticism of azmoun stems from his alleged "decision" to ignore wonderful european offers, to stay with Berdiyev.

Also - let's tone down the drama and theatrics. Vahid Hashemian literally refused to play for TM in his prime when he was a top-2 scorer in the bundesliga and he's now regarded a TM hero. sardar's childishness will be forgotten when he lives up to his potential and has some good performances for TM.
                        spot on.
                        while I am disappointed how he follows berdeyev around, neglecting his future, like his tenure at Rostov (if this issue is true), but lets face it. The chap is still too young. living away from family, in a different country. Making good money.
                        Thats a recepie for disaster where many kids would fall by the way side and get all sorts of f**ked up.

he's still kept at his job.
                        Yes, he's too involved with the social media. But again, look at his age.
                        he just needs a little discipline & guidance, to focus him into his job.

as for his performances at the WC, anyone having an inkling of football ought to recognize how a player's performance is affected by overall tactics, strategy, ... .
                        He did fine, given the circumstances.
                        Only idiots attack him. And boy, do we have millions of idiotic fans in Iran!! It's frightening!

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                          I'm not particularly decided on it myself but the argument is definitely there.
                          Ignoring the fact ARJ is 18 months older and comparing them side by side, there's a strong argument that Azmoun's international career and performance in European competition (the value of that CL campaign alone cannot be underplayed) outshines ARJ who, and I don't think enough has been made of this, is very much at risk of being identified as a flat-track bully who struggles against top opposition/on big occasions. The man has scored 32 league goals in the Eredivisie in the last 2 seasons and only 2 of those have been against top 5 opposition. There comes a point where he's going to have to start delivering against higher level opposition on a regular basis and that point looks like it's going to be this summer but until he does, he hasn't reached that next level and can safely be compared with Azmoun.
                          Has Azmoun delivered against big teams "regularly"?! He had 1 good tournament in which he scored against 3 top teams. If that is even close to being "the best winger of 2016/2017" in the whole league in Holland and "The best goal scorer of 2017/2018" as a winger, then it's not about you being undecided! You are simply biased towards Azmoun!

Per your definitions, Ghoddos may have achieved more than Jahanbakhsh too.

I think you are mistaking achievement with talent! Azmoun may be a better talent "if or when" he wants to. But achievement is something conclusive!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                            spot on.
                            while I am disappointed how he follows berdeyev around, neglecting his future, like his tenure at Rostov (if this issue is true), but lets face it. The chap is still too young. living away from family, in a different country. Making good money.
                            Thats a recepie for disaster where many kids would fall by the way side and get all sorts of f**ked up.
                            he's still kept at his job.
                            Yes, he's too involved with the social media. But again, look at his age.
                            he just needs a little discipline & guidance, to focus him into his job.
                            as for his performances at the WC, anyone having an inkling of football ought to recognize how a player's performance is affected by overall tactics, strategy, ... .
                            He did fine, given the circumstances.
                            Only idiots attack him. And boy, do we have millions of idiotic fans in Iran!! It's frightening!
                            To young, what??? He is almost 24, I was fking 18 when I moved out from my parents and started studying in another city 1000km away and it made me the man I am today.

Comment

Carlos wants to bring Azmoun back.

CQ is going to talk Azmoun and convince him to take part in the next TM camp!

http://90tv.ir/news/465536/%d9%88%d8...85%d9%84%db%8c

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                                Carlos wants to bring Azmoun back.
                                CQ is going to talk Azmoun and convince him to take part in the next TM camp!
                                http://90tv.ir/news/465536/%d9%88%d8...85%d9%84%db%8c
                                Lol...

God this kid is so spoiled.

Comment

Working...
                                X