X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is more like Enayati than Messi, Zlatan or Daei

Comment

It is a shame, such a talented kid! Heyf Vaghean! He will regret the whole thing in few years. When you don't play for your NT you lose lots of values, specially this guy who was always shinning more in NT than club level.

Comment

I think he will retire his career at Rubin Kazan haha lol

Comment

Now I just genuinely feel bad for Azmoun and him not taking his Liverpool offer. That’s going to hurt :/

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
            Sardar is the Iranian Balotelli. Just not as crazy. Lol
            Maybe the wannabe. Balotelli played in teams like ManCity and Milan and scored on teams like Germany in Euro etc.. what does Azmoun have to offer? rostov, Rubin? give me a break. this guy is hyped for simply nothing...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
              Maybe the wannabe. Balotelli played in teams like ManCity and Milan and scored on teams like Germany in Euro etc.. what does Azmoun have to offer? rostov, Rubin? give me a break. this guy is hyped for simply nothing...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
              It was a joke. People call him the Iranian Messi or Ibra, but he is nowhere near as good as them. Balotelli is a phenomenal talent, however his decision making has costed him greatly. The guy should be one of the best players in the world but is playing in the French league. Right now barely anyone is willing to bring him in.

Comment

Talented on the pitch, but sadly not talented in the head.

His "relatives" are his worst enemy...after himself

Comment

Let's not go overboard with our attempts to urinate on Sardar from a great height. There's not a single more consistent TM performer across the last three years. He can go play in the Syrian second division for the rest of his career and nothing will change that. Bit of gratitude wouldn't go amiss from 'fans'.

The Mario comparison is a good one, both letting immense natural talent go to waste.

Comment

Ok let's all back up. I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't gotten to see him in a big league, but the criticism is overboard.

This is a guy who became too famous, too fast, and unfortunately didn't have the family support system, leadership or maturity to deal with it all. people turned him into a star before the performances justified it on the pitch. Do not forget that we don't even know the details behind these supposed "transfer" possibilities to big clubs. These are rumors and second-hand reports. Even if he got big offers, there may have been other factors in play that we don't know about (for example they may have asked him to come on and be a 3rd string striker). Silly example maybe but my point is we can't just ASSUME he got this big fat awesome offer and decided not to take it because he enjoyed the comforts of russia.

Second, he's only 23 years old. He has potentially 2 world cups left in him. At the end of the day, what has he done wrong? He crushed it for us in the asian cup and in qualifiers, he had a great performance in the champions league, he went to europe at age 18... this isn't a BUM we're talking about, like Payam Sadeghian. This is someone who fought for his career and cares. So we're going to rip him to shreds for not getting us to the 2nd round of the world cup and because his body language was poor? Because the olagh internet army aka iranians on instagram said horrific things about him and his family and he came apart? athletes have literally never had to deal with this much criticism and scrutiny.

Third, he's immensely talented, it's clear for everyone to see. This isn't mobali, or borhani, or nikbakht, or some other "borderline" star that TM fans have overhyped. The talent is real and obvious and speaks for itself in the form of an incredible scoring streak at the TM level. In terms of pure football talent I put him in the top 4-5 team melli players I've ever seen. He's worth not giving up on.

It's shocking and sad to see people tear him down like this. He's an immature little diva and I'd love to give him a hard smack myself and make him delete his instagram and get in the gym. I only wish he had a top manager, agent, and leadership around him. The vicious comments and attacks have to stop....we can't abandon our heroes!

Comment

It is tough to realistically see Sardar succeeding in a top-level club with his current social/mental state. He seems far too fragile for a serious international footballing career. It is incomparable to players like Vahid Hashemian, Daei, Mahdavikia, and how they approached their craft in the national team and when they played in the leagues far away from home.

As good as he can be, I am starting to hope Queiroz calls it quits on the Azmoun experience and we move on. There is plenty of talent in the position and as we know with situations like Rahmati and Aghili (and recently in a very different situation someone like Seyyed Jalal Hosseini) sometimes leaving someone out of the team who was previously an excellent player can open doors for a truly incredible star to rise.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                        we can't abandon our heroes!
                        With all due respect he is not my hero. He clearly has the gift of raw talent and some of what is said about him is unfair (e.g. play style related to CQ's tactics), but he is also clearly a bit spoiled, has taken his talent for granted, does not seem motivated to progress his own career, and is nowhere near the great Iranian footballers either in terms of stats or in terms of honor and respect. He's a kid born in 1995 with only one real major impactful goal 2016 goal vs South Korea in Tehran. I don't consider his other goals (Guam? India? Macedonia? Kyrgyzstan?) or games to be significant enough to even land him in a post-revolution starting XI.

Some members of the new TM generation, like Sardar, have big enough heads as it is. No need to inflate further by calling them heros undeservedly.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                          Ok let's all back up. I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't gotten to see him in a big league, but the criticism is overboard.
                          This is a guy who became too famous, too fast, and unfortunately didn't have the family support system, leadership or maturity to deal with it all. people turned him into a star before the performances justified it on the pitch. Do not forget that we don't even know the details behind these supposed "transfer" possibilities to big clubs. These are rumors and second-hand reports. Even if he got big offers, there may have been other factors in play that we don't know about (for example they may have asked him to come on and be a 3rd string striker). Silly example maybe but my point is we can't just ASSUME he got this big fat awesome offer and decided not to take it because he enjoyed the comforts of russia.
                          Second, he's only 23 years old. He has potentially 2 world cups left in him. At the end of the day, what has he done wrong? He crushed it for us in the asian cup and in qualifiers, he had a great performance in the champions league, he went to europe at age 18... this isn't a BUM we're talking about, like Payam Sadeghian. This is someone who fought for his career and cares. So we're going to rip him to shreds for not getting us to the 2nd round of the world cup and because his body language was poor? Because the olagh internet army aka iranians on instagram said horrific things about him and his family and he came apart? athletes have literally never had to deal with this much criticism and scrutiny.
                          Third, he's immensely talented, it's clear for everyone to see. This isn't mobali, or borhani, or nikbakht, or some other "borderline" star that TM fans have overhyped. The talent is real and obvious and speaks for itself in the form of an incredible scoring streak at the TM level. In terms of pure football talent I put him in the top 4-5 team melli players I've ever seen. He's worth not giving up on.
                          It's shocking and sad to see people tear him down like this. He's an immature little diva and I'd love to give him a hard smack myself and make him delete his instagram and get in the gym. I only wish he had a top manager, agent, and leadership around him. The vicious comments and attacks have to stop....we can't abandon our heroes!
                          The speed at which everyone turned on this guy is shocking.

He's been our most consistent performer for years.
                          Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post

His attitude did it. Not his play. Terrible PR guy.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post

23 goals in 36 matches! Definitely at first glance for TM very consistent. On closer look 10 of his goals were in friendlies. 9 of his competitive goals came against Syria, India, Guam, and Turkmenistan. In 2018 he has scored once in 6 matches...food for thought.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                                23 goals in 36 matches! Definitely at first glance for TM very consistent. On closer look 10 of his goals were in friendlies. 9 of his competitive goals came against Syria, India, Guam, and Turkmenistan. In 2018 he has scored once in 6 matches...food for thought.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                                You're right - he came up dry in our key games against Italy, Brazil, Australia and Colombia...

He has played well in a TM jersey. And TM plays a lot of garbage teams by virtue of being in Asia and only being able to get friendlies with badbakht war-ravished countries. Scored critical goals in the Asian Cup too.

Comment

Working...
                                X