Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This drought he is in is getting very worrisome. I have always been a fan of Azmoun as far as his performances for TM. He always seems to perform for TM. Hopefully this theme continues regardless of his struggles with his club. Because of this, I have faith in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
      This drought he is in is getting very worrisome. I have always been a fan of Azmoun as far as his performances for TM. He always seems to perform for TM. Hopefully this theme continues regardless of his struggles with his club. Because of this, I have faith in him.
      Maybe he isn't scoring to piss off all the Iranian fans who are critical on his decision to stay at Rubin.

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
        There definitely seems to be a disconnect between some folks expectations and assumptions of the type of player that he currently is and the real Azmoun.

You want a guy who has scored one goal in 19 games this season to go to Lazio or Dortmund?

We can blame the lack of service or bad strategy or whatever for Azmoun's drought but 1 goal in 19 games? Come on guys.
        I’m going to disregard this statement, because of his last year CL performances and NT he demonstrates he’s more than capable of having a good scoring record. So what if he’s having a goal drought a X team, other players didn’t score as much because of how much a WBA team Rubin is. Berdeyev is content with a draw, Rubin nor Russia was the team/leauge for a player like Azmoun. So I’m tired of hearing this stupid 1 in 19 statement because goal droughts are a real thing happening to big players and there is more to look into the picture then just blatantly blaming the player because it’s easier to do such.

Comment

Imagine if that is the case. That would be one epic troll job.

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
          Maybe he isn't scoring to piss off all the Iranian fans who are critical on his decision to stay at Rubin.

Comment

Whatever decision CQ makes, do not doubt it is the right decision. CQ is alll about the W. He won't jeopardize that for favour picking any players. Once it's game time, CQ will know who he should play. Until then Everybody needs to Keep calm and trust CQ.
            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
              Whatever decision CQ makes, do not doubt it is the right decision. CQ is alll about the W. He won't jeopardize that for favour picking any players. Once it's game time, CQ will know who he should play. Until then Everybody needs to Keep calm and trust CQ.
              I trust CQ, and CQ is a great manager. But, if CQ does not pick Sardar for to make the squad, CQ is a bad manager.
              We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Sardar is an idiot ...the end

Comment

The question is (for me at least) if he's getting proper playing time, is he?
                  Has he been starting most games, getting 90 minutes, or as a sub is he getting meaningful minutes, say 30-40 minutes a game? One goal in 19 games is mediocre at best for a striker.
                  "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
                    The question is (for me at least) if he's getting proper playing time, is he?
                    Has he been starting most games, getting 90 minutes, or as a sub is he getting meaningful minutes, say 30-40 minutes a game? One goal in 19 games is mediocre at best for a striker.
                    He was benched many games and came on as a substitute, thus explaining his scoring record.

Comment

I don't understand why this thread always comprises of extremes. Some say let's never invite him again and others think Real will buy Azmoun tomorrow.

He's had a bad season. End of story. If we were to pick TM players based on form and merit, Ansarifard should probably be starting alongside Rezaei. It's not blasphemy, it's football.
                      Now thankfully we have friendlies lined up so we can test different strikers at TM.

I wish that he had chosen another team too, somewhere where he'd (perhaps) have better training and be more outside of his comfort zone. But what can you do.
                      Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                      محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                      - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
                        I don't understand why this thread always comprises of extremes. Some say let's never invite him again and others think Real will buy Azmoun tomorrow.

He's had a bad season. End of story. If we were to pick TM players based on form and merit, Ansarifard should probably be starting alongside Rezaei. It's not blasphemy, it's football.
                        Now thankfully we have friendlies lined up so we can test different strikers at TM.

I wish that he had chosen another team too, somewhere where he'd (perhaps) have better training and be more outside of his comfort zone. But what can you do.
                        You must be new around this thread. Logic doesn’t work around here, apparently class is forever and form is temporary, so even if a player is mentally unfit and missing sitters for both TM and club that he used to score, we should still rely on him because apparently you’re stupid according to the grand maha-guru Javeed. Gatekeeper of PFDC.

Dybala is class, therefore he should always start for Argentina no matter what, despite form. Sampaoli is stupid and Javeed should be Argentina NT coach, because he knows that form is irrelevant and you should always play the player with the biggest past accomplishments!

If we want to get results, we have to be prepared for a Sardar who is mentally drained after a season in a garbage team. It is possible he regains his form, but pretending that CQ would be stupid not to start him despite him regressing in ability is a farce.

Yes, he scored 3 goals for TM recently. Anyone want to go back and tell me how many 1 v. 1’s and headers he screwed up since June 2017 for TM. There’s a stat for you.

But yes, scoring two tap ins on Syria and a gifted goal he could have walked in against Russia that was all of Taremi’s hard work negates his inability to make his own goals recently.

I am not impressed by tap ins, I’m worried that I see Sardar unable to score 1 v. 1 pressure goals he used to score. Are we supposed to ignore these and just start him hoping he can get the Syria type tap-ins against Spain, Portugal and Morocco’s defense?

Again, these are facts, and people will say “Sardar=class”, but really, someone tell me why he looks so shaky when he has to make his own goals for TM and club since moving to Kazan, and I’ll shut up on the topic forever.

Saying it will improve is not an answer either. Nothing between now and June changes his situation barring a shock transfer.

Waiting for Javeed to argue that Syria and Russia in a friendly = Spain and Portugal’s defense we need someone to really make their own goals, and if Sardar cant prove he can’t do it without someone serving it to him on a silver platter, then we are in trouble.

Alternatives aren’t a great deal better, but at least Karim is taking the easy goals for his club. Sardar isn’t even doing that.

Karim scores 2 against Togo = class. This is the same logic that Sardar is a class above for two simple goals on Syria in a match that they were playing very attacking. A class player would have put us 3-1 ahead and sealed it. Ronaldo is class, Sardar unfortunately is not yet and pretending he is untouchable to the level of Ronaldo when Dybala isn’t even at that level yet is illogical and laughable. You play the player who is the most reliable at the moment. Sardar is not currently that player, although he might be with a whole extra serving of luck and Berdyev prayer beads.

Comment

Everyone watch this video from minute 2:50. Enjoy the amazing run and awesome tap in from Sardar. Then, look at the next play in the video.
                          https://youtu.be/sbOzExDr5T4

It’s another gifted through ball that a class player with his head in the game could at least get a shot off from. Sardar pre-Rubin move would have bursted ahead and drained that bottom left.

We tied against Syria and Russia due to several of these errors. Sardar hasn’t been making his own goals for a while everybody, please wake up. If someone can show me the last time Sardar did a Sardar-move that involved his agility, height, etc. that isn’t him just making goals that Gucci/Ansarifard could have also made, then I’ll admit I am wrong.

I’m going through highlights, evidence, and I just don’t see it. Sardar is mentally shot at the moment, and if he weren’t mark my words he’d be creating more goals and scoring more. The fact that we tied the last 2 games shows he is not scoring and not creating enough. A class player breaks the deadlock, and makes the most of his few opportunities. If Sardar has one opportunity and does it like his second opportunity in the video posted, we will not score.

Sardar, prove me wrong and start creating your own goals and goals for others like you did before. I’ll be very happy. Let’s not all drink koolaid and pretend this guy is the same who was out-leaping, out-running, and our-classing opponents. Slow Russian defenders shut down his attempt to make his own goal, you don’t think Ramos, Pepe, and Benatia aren’t capable?

Comment

Excuse my language but some of you bitch and moan way too much and you don’t comprehend that fluctuations of a player’s form exists in football.

So basically with this knowledge, a player’s talent completely disappears and he should be crossed off the national team due to his poor form and there’s no coming back. I’m sorry but if some of you actually believe that, then you need to watch more football before you jump to conclusion (which a majority of you do by the way. Hate to break it to you).

I remember when Karim was at Osasuna there were pages after pages of people here bashing him and wanting him out of Team Melli.

What the **** happened to Karim? Was he cut completely from the national team or did he ride the bench until he worked hard and rose back up?

I believe the same will happen to Sardar. He won’t be uninvited to Team Melli but he will sit on the bench until he regains his form.

I swear, some of you really need to critically think before you post. Because unfortunately a lot of what you guys say doesn’t sounds very smart or analytical. Automatically jumping to conclusion is your go to approach, and I’m sorry but that’s not really smart.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                              Excuse my language but some of you bitch and moan way too much and you don’t comprehend that fluctuations of a player’s form exists in football.

So basically with this knowledge, a player’s talent completely disappears and he should be crossed off the national team due to his poor form and there’s no coming back. I’m sorry but if some of you actually believe that, then you need to watch more football before you jump to conclusion (which a majority of you do by the way. Hate to break it to you).

I remember when Karim was at Osasuna there were pages after pages of people here bashing him and wanting him out of Team Melli.

What the **** happened to Karim? Was he cut completely from the national team or did he ride the bench until he worked hard and rose back up?

I believe the same will happen to Sardar. He won’t be uninvited to Team Melli but he will sit on the bench until he regains his form.

I swear, some of you really need to critically think before you post. Because unfortunately a lot of what you guys say doesn’t sounds very smart or analytical. Automatically jumping to conclusion is your go to approach, and I’m sorry but that’s not really smart.
                              Debate/argument lesson. The strawman = taking a false statement that is obviously incorrect and arguing against it. How many here, including myself said Sardar should be crossed off? Literally just said we’re in trouble if he starts and CQ May play it safe by not starting him if his bad form continues going into WC.

Don’t twist the argument please. I expect better than such immature argument methods from some of you. Argue my point, is he in form? If not, how will that change before Russia to make him more reliable in front of goal as he was 1 year ago? Other than our hopes and dreams, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                                Debate/argument lesson. The strawman = taking a false statement that is obviously incorrect and arguing against it. How many here, including myself said Sardar should be crossed off? Literally just said we’re in trouble if he starts and CQ May play it safe by not starting him if his bad form continues going into WC.

Don’t twist the argument please. I expect better than such immature argument methods from some of you. Argue my point, is he in form? If not, how will that change before Russia to make him more reliable in front of goal as he was 1 year ago? Other than our hopes and dreams, of course.
                                Afat jan, where did I mention your name in my post?

Comment

Working...
                                X