This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
    At this point I really do not see why Azmoun should be starting for us in the World Cup. I know he has done well for Teame Melli in the past but his current form and recent club play is really concerning me.
    But who else do we have that can stand in front of the net and have balls bounce off of him into the net?

Comment

At this point I really do not see why Azmoun should be starting for us in the World Cup. I know he has done well for Teame Melli in the past but his current form and recent club play is really concerning me.
      The World Cup is 6 months away...
      We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

I’d take both Ansarifard and Kaveh over him in a heart beat. Especially against European opposition - you need people up front who press hard and put pressure on the opposition’s defense which Kaveh and KA do perfectly. Azmoun from 2014-15 did too but he’s a completely different player now way too much arrogance in his game these days.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          I’d take both Ansarifard and Kaveh over him in a heart beat. Especially against European opposition - you need people up front who press hard and put pressure on the opposition’s defense which Kaveh and KA do perfectly. Azmoun from 2014-15 did too but he’s a completely different player now way too much arrogance in his game these days.
          With all due respect, there is absolutely zero chance Kaveh and Karim start over Azmoun at the World Cup. Azmoun is without a doubt a much better player than both of them, even when out of form.

Azmoun has experience against playing and scoring against world class opponents (Bayern, Athletico). Dare I remind you he's only 23?
          We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
            With all due respect, there is absolutely zero chance Kaveh and Karim start over Azmoun at the World Cup. Azmoun is without a doubt a much better player than both of them, even when out of form.

Azmoun has experience against playing and scoring against world class opponents (Bayern, Athletico). Dare I remind you he's only 23?
            He is a much better player when out of form? This is when you lose the argument.

Really try and say something that makes actual sense.

Comment

He is a much better player when out of form? This is when you lose the argument.

Really try and say something that makes actual sense.
              Okay... let me know if this makes sense to you:

For TM:
              Sardar Azmoun - 22 goals (30 apps) = 0.733 goals per appearance
              Karim Ansarifard - 16 goals (59 apps) = 0.271 goals per appearance
              Kaveh Rezaei = 0 goals (6 apps) = 0 goals per appearance

Not enough for you? Okay let's do a little more digging...

Who has Sardar scored against, internationally (forget Bayern and Athletico)
              - Russia, South Korea, Uzbekistan, Syria, Montenegro, Macedonia, Oman, Iraq, Qatar

Who has Karim scored against, internationally?
              - Togo, Papau New Guinea, Kyrgyzstan, Guam, Angola, Kuwait, Mauritania, Bahrain, Palestine, Maldives..... all POWERHOUSES

Does this "make actual sense" to you?

Comment

For TM:
                - Russia, South Korea, Uzbekistan, Syria, Montenegro, Macedonia, Oman, Iraq, Qatar
                - Togo, Papau New Guinea, Kyrgyzstan, Guam, Angola, Kuwait, Mauritania, Bahrain, Palestine, Maldives..... all POWERHOUSES
                Flawless logic Javeed lol. Came back to PFDC with a new attitude and somehow even lower quality posts

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                  Flawless logic Javeed lol. Came back to PFDC with a new attitude and somehow even lower quality posts
                  What's wrong with the post? Would love to hear your insights backed up with evidence rather than empty (and therefore, meaningless) statements lol.

Comment

For TM:

I have another one:
                    Ali Daei - more than 130 goals.

Let´s take him. LOL!!!

Again:
                    Currently SA is out of form. I agree with Afat11, it is unfair to start a player who is out of form, just because of the past.

Comment

If Sardar can’t even score against an Uzbek club I don’t want him near TM

Comment

Lets bring Payane Rafat..
                        sigpic

Comment

He is a much better player when out of form?
                          that is also slightly debatable ..!
                          fact is that he is also playing his trade in a Highly Defensive and Physical league, in mostly cold&kiri playing conditions in a new and seemingly unorganized team of Misfits (most of which are left-overs from former Rubin regime) and to top it off, even if reorganized, he'd still be playing Kurbin's football (which is essentially playing for very rigid defensive team, looking mostly to squeeze out draws, and hoping to score a goal from few counter and set piece opportunities..!!

sure he is fully to blame for staying in Russia and signing with a cluster-fk of a club in midst of complete restructuring and financial melt-down, but that still doesnt take away from his Inherent footballing pedigree and quality which far exceeds that of Karim and Kaveh and the rest of the lot vying to take his Starting status in TM..!!
                          Even in his current weak form, if surrounded by as quality supporting cast as Karim or Kaveh or even ARJ, he would run riot in a defensively soft-ass leagues like Greece and Eredivisie ..! i can also guarantee he wont be able to out-hustle but would outscore Kaveh easily in Belgian league too..!!

he possess everything we need to lead the line for us at world cup. He is far more lethal FINISHER, AERIAL THREAT off set pieces and crosses, Tactically Superior Dribbler, even superior to all other strikers in terms of Clever attacking Combinations and POSITIONING in and around the box..!

Karim, Kaveh, ARJ, Ghoddos, Taremi are all more of a Winger, Attackers and the deserving of those lot will get their fair chance at world cup, the outa form Reza is just about the only other current CF that will likely be competing with Sardar for the lone-forward position in CQ's set up..!!
                          the only way i can fathom a Fit and even semi in-form Sardar not starting at world cup is if CQ completely changes the attacking formation to no CF... and all Wing supposed attackers who'll be behind the ball defending all game..!! i suppose that could possibly be how we'd set up vs Spain..??

Barring complete failure in the preparations camps and upcoming TM friendlies in the run up to world cup, He is (RIGHTFULLY SO) Tipped to be our Starting striker in Russia..!!

Comment

What's wrong with the post? Would love to hear your insights backed up with evidence rather than empty (and therefore, meaningless) statements lol.

Reza Enayati and arash borhani were IPL’s top scorers for many years when we had no players in Europe. By your brilliant statistical analysis, they should have both been unchallenged starters for TM until 2013. Enayati stats, 18 goals in 2012, 11 in 2013, and 13 in 2014. Solid statistical production.

Maybe not taking him to 2014 WC was why we failed. Numbers don’t equal form, sorry Javeed. Please go back to posting illogical nothings instead of trying to outwit people with poor arguments that make no sense.

Yes, Sardar scores a bunch for TM in the past, does that mean that he is the unchallenged striker forever? All of his accomplishments are from a year ago. Tell me something amazing he’s done recently to warrant your undying devotion and I’ll admit that you aren’t still trolling like before your ban for incoherent ramblings.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                              Reza Enayati and arash borhani were IPL’s top scorers for many years when we had no players in Europe. By your brilliant statistical analysis, they should have both been unchallenged starters for TM until 2013. Enayati stats, 18 goals in 2012, 11 in 2013, and 13 in 2014. Solid statistical production.

First off, I was analyzing their statistics on the international stage, not league. So you should be looking at Enayati scoring 8 goals (in 30 apps) and Borhani scoring 10 goals (37 apps) for TM. After all, we are determining whether they should start for TM, not for their domestic club.

Side note, don't hide the appearances: Enayati scored 18 goals (29 apps), 11 goals (33 apps), 13 goals (27 apps)... wouldn't call those numbers incredible by any means.

Maybe not taking him to 2014 WC was why we failed. Numbers don’t equal form, sorry Javeed. Please go back to posting illogical nothings instead of trying to outwit people with poor arguments that make no sense.

Numbers don't equal form? It's a strikers job to score goals, numbers absolutely equal form. The only thing illogical here are your arguments with no evidence,
                              fat1.

Yes, Sardar scores a bunch for TM in the past, does that mean that he is the unchallenged striker forever? All of his accomplishments are from a year ago. Tell me something amazing he’s done recently to warrant your undying devotion and I’ll admit that you aren’t still trolling like before your ban for incoherent ramblings.
                              Where did I say he is the unchallenged striker forever? I am saying that as of right now, he is our best option available.

I've responded to your attempts at rebuttals above in red. I'd also like to point out the number of "thanks" my posts are getting compared to yours... just shows that the majority agree with me.

Comment

Where did I say he is the unchallenged striker forever? I am saying that as of right now, he is our best option available.

I've responded to your attempts at rebuttals above in red. I'd also like to point out the number of "thanks" my posts are getting compared to yours... just shows that the majority agree with me.
                                Go ahead and ignore the main question I asked you and target my hyperbolic argument about Enayati. Why don’t you also use your logic to break down the other person’s argument about Ali Daei starting in TM. No way that is facetious.

Again, tell me what Sardar has done RECENTLY Javeed. Your stats are taken over his now 4 years playing for TM. What has he done in the last 6 months?

You can’t answer, but enjoy your likes. I remember the first time people liked my comments too. What bearing that has on your logic? None. People just agree Sardar should be starting. They aren’t impressed with how you got to that point. Hilarious that you use that as a tool to gauge the logic of an argument. Based on that, I’m one of the most logical people on this forum with my likes to posts ratio. Fortunately, I’m not deluded enough to use that as a metric for myself.

You used goals scored as a metric. How many goals has Sardar Azmoun scored in 2017. You can say he’s our most talented striker, but use relevant stats. That is why we are mocking you bringing up Daei and Enayati. The fact that you think I’m actually arguing for their inclusion demonstrates your logical level in this argument.

The point is, your gut feeling is Sardar is the most talented TM striker. I agree, Bachelot agrees, every Liker agrees. Your statistics are old, and he is on the verge of being our most talented striker/biggest wasted talent. Even his TM production has not been consistent over the past year. He has flashes, but to argue that his 2014-early 2017 amazing run overshadows his past 6 months is laughable being honest.

The problem isn’t your argument, it’s how lazy you are with how you’re trying to prove your point.

Comment

Working...
                                X