No announcement yet.

Let iranian women enter their stadiums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they don't punish the entire country for the government's issue. Perhaps limit funds, launch an oversight committee, create an overseer to co-manage the federation, etc. But don't continue to punish the people. There needs to be more creativity from FIFA in how they work the politics here, they are at fault as well with their lazy, press-oriented approach to creating movement on this issue.

Comment

Are they really going to be Iran for this World Cup? Is this a real possibility?

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
        Are they really going to be Iran for this World Cup? Is this a real possibility?
        Yes it is a possibility. They probably should anyway, yesterday was a clear provocation and two fingers to fifa and more importantly Iranian women.

Comment

Originally posted by ashimashi View Post
          Yes it is a possibility. They probably should anyway, yesterday was a clear provocation and two fingers to fifa and more importantly Iranian women.
          No, it’s not a real possibility.
          There is a real possibility we don’t host games anymore.

Issue isn’t just TM by the way. They want league games to have women too.

Comment

Originally posted by ashimashi View Post
            I may or may not. But it’s the only right thing to do now. What’s the alternative, let this bullshit go on forever?
            What’s happening in Iran is wrong.
            To ban TM means nothing to those in charge. It’s a meaningless gesture that only helps UAE.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              What’s happening in Iran is wrong.
              To ban TM means nothing to those in charge. It’s a meaningless gesture that only helps UAE.
              I really don't understand why people want the team to be banned! it's nuts.

Banning Iran from hosting games (International and Club) makes sense because the authorities in charge of who gets to enter the stadium or not, but why should TM players be punished for that?

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                I really don't understand why people want the team to be banned! it's nuts.

Banning Iran from hosting games (International and Club) makes sense because the authorities in charge of who gets to enter the stadium or not, but why should TM players be punished for that?
                It’s the mode de jour. just go see what the people on Instagram are saying. All repeating the same thing like parrots.

It also makes me laugh that people think fifa is some benevolent human rights org. It’s not. It’s pretty evil but it governs the sport we love.

Fifa also has to be careful politically. It can’t ban Iran as a whole for this stuff when countries like Syria, saudi and China also have egregious internal (and external) human rights violations.

Comment

Comment

Yes, I don't think the players/team as a whole should be punished, but FIFA does need to take some sort of action as this is blatant sexism in the 21st century! Using Islam as an excuse is weak because Saudi Arabia allows their women into stadiums.

Comment

The regime won't care in the slightest bit if TM gets banned from the World Cup.. If anything, they would be happy to prevent any public gatherings.

Iran has already gone through 2 years without fans, so I don't think they would be bothered if they went through another period without fans.
                      It's a shame and it's something that needs to be fixed NOW and permanently. Not just a game or two here.

Comment

Also f*** the idiots who wanted the game in Mashhad. Most of the forum was saying Mashhad won't allow female stadiums. All stadiums in Iran should allow stadiums, but why take yourself to the spot you know you will face massive resistance. Hold the game in Tehran, or Isfahan, or Ahvaz where this is not as big of an issue. Tehran was finally allowing women in for goodness sake

Comment

For that to happen the I.R fossils need to be overthrow, if anyone today still thinks that the regime will or can change from whitin is living in lala land.

The whole rotten, illegal and anti iranian i.r system needs to vanish if we wanna build a new Iran.

Comment

by removing TM from the WC you only punish the fans, not our backwards thinking Regime. Mullahs would be even happy if this happen. I hope we dont have any home games anymore till WC lol

Comment

I’ve been debating with myself if I want to comment here, yes IR F up with their sefareshi federation and players. However, the real problem here is that most major world institutions like UN, IAEA, IOC, FIFA have become western oriented institutions and are located in the west. It’s time for East to develop its own institutions most of the population of the world is in the East, but the west control world order, SCO was a good first step.

Comment

Originally posted by 026121 View Post
                                I’ve been debating with myself if I want to comment here, yes IR F up with their sefareshi federation and players. However, the real problem here is that most major world institutions like UN, IAEA, IOC, FIFA have become western oriented institutions and are located in the west. It’s time for East to develop its own institutions most of the population of the world is in the East, but the west control world order, SCO was a good first step.
                                Yes, that's the "real" problem, is that it's Western - it's not that we have the Taliban ruling Iran and killing and harming Iranians.
                                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X