This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
    What makes you think he even wants to go back to Europe? He was having nervous breakdowns in Belgium. He went to Qatar to make easy money in a low pressure, low standard league, not to prepare himself for Europe...
    Haha yeah right nervous breakdowns. I reckon you should look up what a nervous breakdown means son. He found Belgium/Oostende a crappy place to live and was very unhappy (miserabe) there.

Besides Moharrami no right back is near his level, he will be in TM for the next world cup, we can be sure of that.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
      What makes you think he even wants to go back to Europe? He was having nervous breakdowns in Belgium. He went to Qatar to make easy money in a low pressure, low standard league, not to prepare himself for Europe...
      just saying he could, never said he wanted ; )
      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

The hate for Ramin is insane. He's our most consistent and best right back. I think Moharrami has the potential to be better, but right now the starting role is Ramin's to lose.

I know his character is a bit cringy, but he puts in hard work and plays well almost every time he wears the team melli kit.

14 goals in 28 games for a crappy Qatari premier league side. He will definitely get interest abroad. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on a top team in a better league for a few years, such a top Turkish, Greek, or even a Ligue 1 side!

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          The hate for Ramin is insane. He's our most consistent and best right back. I think Moharrami has the potential to be better, but right now the starting role is Ramin's to lose.
          I know his character is a bit cringy, but he puts in hard work and plays well almost every time he wears the team melli kit.
          14 goals in 28 games for a crappy Qatari premier league side. He will definitely get interest abroad. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on a top team in a better league for a few years, such a top Turkish, Greek, or even a Ligue 1 side!
          ramin is playing as a CF...

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            ramin is playing as a CF...
            He played higher up that one game but otherwise he's been playing Right back/RWB

Comment

He has signed a contract with league winner Al-Duhail.

Comment

Ramin Rezaeian to Al-Duhail!!!

Comment

thats a good move for him. Hopefully he can return to actual position at RB as nobody cares what he is doing as CF,RW.

As I have said I think he should be in TM, but not start over moharrami who is a superior player in all technical metrics playing in a highly competitive club environment. The added dimension having somebody as technically proficient (dribbles like a midfielder in tight spaces) and fast as moharrami (extreme recovery pace as evidenced in big derby vs hajduk last uear) on our right side can be a huge asset for tm.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post

Previously, I've said I him wanted to be benched to Moharrami. You know what... I changed my mind, even more now than before now that he has signed with a class club like Al-Duhail. I think he should still be the undisputed starter for TM if he continues to be in the form that he is in. TM starts/call ups should be on the basis of merit.

Comment

thats a good move for him. Hopefully he can return to actual position at RB as nobody cares what he is doing as CF,RW.

As I have said I think he should be in TM, but not start over moharrami who is a superior player in all technical metrics playing in a highly competitive club environment. The added dimension having somebody as technically proficient (dribbles like a midfielder in tight spaces) and fast as moharrami (extreme recovery pace as evidenced in big derby vs hajduk last uear) on our right side can be a huge asset for tm.
                      He did play as a wingback the entire season except for one do or die game. Why are you making stuff up of him playing as a CF?

Moharrami still has to prove himself for TM, that means that he also has to battle it out with Rezaeian, until then Ramin is our first choice as RB, just like he was under Queiroz.

The man is young, only 30 years, he is fit and plays like a warrior. Europe is just not for him, he doesn't like it over there, at least not northern Europe. He's an emotional guy who like to live in places where there is a warm culture. As long as he plays well and is fit, his place in TM is fixed. Take it from a guy who has seen him play live at the Azadi stadium many times.

Comment

What about a azmoun rezaeian duo upfront? : D

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                          He did play as a wingback the entire season except for one do or die game. Why are you making stuff up of him playing as a CF?
                          Moharrami still has to prove himself for TM, that means that he also has to battle it out with Rezaeian, until then Ramin is our first choice as RB, just like he was under Queiroz.
                          The man is young, only 30 years, he is fit and plays like a warrior. Europe is just not for him, he doesn't like it over there, at least not northern Europe. He's an emotional guy who like to live in places where there is a warm culture. As long as he plays well and is fit, his place in TM is fixed. Take it from a guy who has seen him play live at the Azadi stadium many times.
                          ? How many times have you watched dinamo zagreb to know the level moharrami is performing at? Ramin was our first choice under CQ bc moharrami was a 18-20 year old during our WCQ phase. Why did branko end up benching ramin for moharrami? His place in TM is by no means fixed, especially as our current coach is a croat who visited him in zagreb, had dinner with him, spoke to his current coach about him, and was the coach who introduced him to professional football in Malavan!

There is a difference in just pure technical abilities between these two players that is clearly evident for anybody who watches either of their matches side by side for 15 mins. Not to hate on ramin. He has been a fighter and good servant for TM despite all his deficiencies which are exposed whenever our team plays a slightly more open offensive system. He can still continue to be an important member of the squad as a whole moving forward, but no I dont think some good qatari performances put him over a superior player in every measureable metric that also happens to be 6 years younger than him, playing in a champions league club where just to start he has to beat out multiple senior international players and croatian youth national players that are also competing for his spot.

And CQ was testing moharrami and ready to have him integrated into team as we saw in uzbek/venezuela friendlies, and this is when he was not even playing for dinamo regularly. IT was only his untimely injury that prevented him from attending AC.

Comment

? How many times have you watched dinamo zagreb to know the level moharrami is performing at? Ramin was our first choice under CQ bc moharrami was a 18-20 year old during our WCQ phase. Why did branko end up benching ramin for moharrami? His place in TM is by no means fixed, especially as our current coach is a croat who visited him in zagreb, had dinner with him, spoke to his current coach about him, and was the coach who introduced him to professional football in Malavan!
                            There is a difference in just pure technical abilities between these two players that is clearly evident for anybody who watches either of their matches side by side for 15 mins. Not to hate on ramin. He has been a fighter and good servant for TM despite all his deficiencies which are exposed whenever our team plays a slightly more open offensive system. He can still continue to be an important member of the squad as a whole moving forward, but no I dont think some good qatari performances put him over a superior player in every measureable metric that also happens to be 6 years younger than him, playing in a champions league club where just to start he has to beat out multiple senior international players and croatian youth national players that are also competing for his spot.
                            And CQ was testing moharrami and ready to have him integrated into team as we saw in uzbek/venezuela friendlies, and this is when he was not even playing for dinamo regularly. IT was only his untimely injury that prevented him from attending AC.
                            Counting is not really your thing is it? During the world cup of 2018 Moharrami was 22 years of age, and during the Asian cup of 2019 he was almost 23. And yet Rezaeian was our fixed right back/selected over Moharrami. It doesn't matter that Branko preferred Sadegh over Ramin, Branko is a third rated coach who benches players who he does not like, or when he knows he can sell players to a Croatian team he acts in his self interest over that of the team. I mean Branko is not a bad coach by Asian standards but he is a typical shady guy from a developing country. You can't compare him to Queiroz who is a world class professional coach.

I trust Queiroz and his judgement over Branko and fans who don't like Rezaeian because of his attitude or hairstyle or whatever. All i'm saying is that Moharrami hast to prove himself first and battle it out with Rezaeian. But to claim that Rezaeian is no longer needed or his time with TM is over is nonsense. We are not Brazil or France and by Asian or Iranian standards he is a top right- and wingback.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                              Counting is not really your thing is it? During the world cup of 2018 Moharrami was 22 years of age, and during the Asian cup of 2019 he was almost 23. And yet Rezaeian was our fixed right back/selected over Moharrami. It doesn't matter that Branko preferred Sadegh over Ramin, Branko is a third rated coach who benches players who he does not like, or when he knows he can sell players to a Croatian team he acts in his self interest over that of the team. I mean Branko is not a bad coach by Asian standards but he is a typical shady guy from a developing country. You can't compare him to Queiroz who is a world class professional coach.

I trust Queiroz and his judgement over Branko and fans who don't like Rezaeian because of his attitude or hairstyle or whatever. All i'm saying is that Moharrami hast to prove himself first and battle it out with Rezaeian. But to claim that Rezaeian is no longer needed or his time with TM is over is nonsense. We are not Brazil or France and by Asian or Iranian standards he is a top right- and wingback.
                              is counting not your thing? 22 was the year of WC. I said WCQ when he would have been 2-3 years younger than that. We start our WCQ phases 1 year after previous WC ends typically, so around 2015-2018 we are in qualifying for russia, moharrami is between 19-21. He only moved from Malavan to PP in 2016 and took over starting spot circa 2017. Obviously a kid with one year of PGPL football under his belt wont bench somebody who has been starting throughout WCQ. He was not even in the picture then.

And in AC as i said, he got injured right before it, otherwise he was playing our only two friendlies vs uzbekistan and venezuela heading into the tournament...

Comment

Well I don't think Al-Duhail brought him to play as a RM/RW/CF whatever you want to call it lol. They have quality players in those position and recently Al-Duhail brought in the highly rated Brazilian Dudu from Palmeiras who is a very good player. It will be a very interesting partnership they will be sharing on the right flank, Ramin X Dudu. I reason I think he played as RM/RW/CF for Al-Shahania was because he offered more in those positions than their crop of players they had for those positions, not because defensive liabilities/problems.

I also don't believe that Al-Duhail (best club in Qatar) would have brought him for their foreigner slot if they did not think he offered anything. As you can see, money is not a problem for them and they could have brought in anyone literally for RB position. Also don't think they would be in for him if he did not have good performances.

If you remember in the past, I said Moharrami should be the undisputed starter for TM and made fun of Ramin for playing in dead last team in Qatar. And I'm not a fan of Ramin's cry baby attitude or w/e he does off the pitch. But it would not be rational to bench Ramin with his recent performances for TM (based on merit/performances), would it? Moharrami should start our next friendly, if Skocic sees marginal improvements over Ramin than starting spot should be given to Moharrami. Like Iranianarsenal11, Kian B., and many others said though, the starting role is for Ramin to lose and for Moharrami to earn. So I hope both RB start for their clubs/Moharrami plays TM friendlies, then we can really can an idea of who should start.

Comment

Working...
                                X