No announcement yet.

POST-MATCH Discussion | Iran - Uzbekistan | 6/12/2017 - WCQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best thing about today's result is that some non-regulars can gain some real experience in WC level quality competitive matches in the remaining two games.

Considering how few friendlies we get this is huge for us. I'm VERY happy guys... except about the price of tickets for Russia!

Comment

One last thought. I think we will all be speaking to the next generation (our kids, nephews, grand kids) about these 6+ years of TM under CQ. I know one day I will be telling my children stories about this period of TMs history.

I think in 10 or 15 years we will look be and realize what was achieved today. I am so glad I am at an age to realize the magnitude of these years under CQ.

Comment

A big congratulations to all Iranians wherever we all are.
        I love you all and thank goodness this sport brings us all together.
        TM is now at a much higher level. We need a lot of good planning, physically, mentally, and even more match practice.

The game itself was ok, honestly we weren't our best, but we're like Man Utd in Sir Alex's days. Winning even when not 100%.

Thank you TM for qualifying easily and not giving us fans heart attacks.

JB made a great assist and if he wasn't so nervous/injured he could have also completely dominated the game. Every one of our players except for maybe Amiri could play and start in mid level top 5 European leagues. This team deserves alot of respect and hopefully will gain more respect in WC 2018!
        So happy to be there. Now begins the drama and bullshit drama and garbage politics.

As for the game:

Beiranvand - 7 - not really tested, but good kicks.
        Rezeaian - 7 - too many mistakes on attack. Great hustle.
        Hosseini - 7 - Great hustle but got outmuscled alot.
        Pouraliganji - 8 - All over the place, plays like a libero which is very rare.
        Mohammadi - 9 - He's slowly emerging into one of my favorites. Fast, smart, physical, tenacious and determined.
        Ali Karimi - 7.5 - Good performance considering this was his 3rd cap. He sometimes dissapears but when he shows what he's made of he's wonderful.
        Ezatollahi - 7 - too many mistakes, but I forgive cause he's young.
        Taremi - 9 - Hustle, hustle, hustle... and skill. Works so hard and makes alot of things happen out of nothing. He has so much potential.
        Masoud - 7 - did great to control the game. He does great against slow teams. Against running teams he's no good. Wish he had made the penalty.
        Jahanbakhsh - 7 - He wasn't 100%.
        Azmoun - 9 - Finally a TM game where he hustled and ran and pressured all game. Great goal and great assist. Damesh garm. Get him to a top 3 league already.
        Dejagah - 7
        Amiri - 5
        Last edited by Nokhodi; 06-12-2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Beiranvand - 6 - Played ok, but wasn't asked to do much.
          Rezeaian - 7 - Played well and connected with offense.
          Hosseini - 7 - Played well but Uzbek couldn't cross the ball at all.
          Pouraliganji - 7 - Same as Hosseini
          Mohammadi - 7.5 - played a bit better than Rezeaian.
          Ali Karimi - 8 - I prefer Karimi to Haj Safi, as Karimi is a box to box player.
          Ezatollahi - 6.5 - Plays well in spurts but for a player as big as he is he plays really soft.
          Taremi - 8 - Played well for the most part. The goal was a thing of beauty.
          Masoud - 7 - Other than a horrible PK, played well. No idea why he elected to take the PK over JB.
          Jahanbakhsh - 7.5 - I thought he played well. He is always around the ball and is a dangerous player.
          Azmoun - 8.5 - MOTM. If only they could get him better service.

Dejagah - 7 - A good sub. Played well in limited time. I think coming off the bench is his best option.
          Amiri - 5 - Wasn't impressed. He doesn't play under control.
          "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Poor Nouri
            Looking at Taj bah oon tah reesh. The guy looks like amaleh
            "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Shojaei, like Nikbakht and Khatibi, is one of these players that makes you think "what kind of parti got him into TM and Europe above other players?" No one is doubting his talent, but he has so many disappointing games in particular for the national team. Watching him walking around in Brazil when everyone else was playing their hearts out was embarrassing.

He has one good game in 20, and particularly for this current TM his anticipation and game-reading just does not fit.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                Shojaei, like Nikbakht and Khatibi, is one of these players that makes you think "what kind of parti got him into TM and Europe above other players?" No one is doubting his talent, but he has so many disappointing games in particular for the national team. Watching him walking around in Brazil when everyone else was playing their hearts out was embarrassing.

He has one good game in 20, and particularly for this current TM his anticipation and game-reading just does not fit.
                You sir are delusional. Shojaei has been great and consistent for us in the middle. Question is, who would you put in the middle if not Shojaei??
                Rafaei who possibly just signed with Al Goh ?

Comment

Originally posted by puddha View Post
                  Poor Nouri
                  Looking at Taj bah oon tah reesh. The guy looks like amaleh
                  Lol I was thinking the same. Unbelievable

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Attendance was just shy of 60k. There was a very good dance in blue shirt in the crowd, toward the end of the game a third of cameras were on him.
                    Security was good on entry but when I was at my gate, I was delayed getting in and rejected due to wrong section and from behind the very same spot people were running in. no water no heavy objects allowed.
                    There was like 4 Uzbeki fans with a drum behind a goal and were sitting in a section by themselves .
                    Did TV broadcast post game celeb? players and staff gather in the middle doing the islanders cheer ?
                    (Only in Iran you make it half way to your destination at transfer station and the station announces sorry no more train, please leave the station)

Comment

people celebrating
                      http://tamasha.com/v/G2w17
                      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
                      Go IRAN!

Comment

Originally posted by rnazer View Post
                        What was the #4 jersey Quiroz waiving dedicated to?
                        I think it was the number of times CQ has qualified a team to the World Cup? Portugal, South Africa, and Iran 2 times

Comment

As I said in the game thread, to me it was a stress free game, which felt very weird... given our history of WCQs.
                          Mostly thanks to CQ, but also a crop of young talented and more importantly, hard working players.

I was oddly calm. Which was a pleasant weird feeling.

Congrats all

Comment

Going forward... What should CQ do with the Korea and Syria matches?

1. Go all-in and protect the 0 goals allowed
                            OR
                            2. Give younger and newer players opportunity to get playing time

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                              Ehsan Singapore will be in ruins
                              Fixed it for you bro.

Jokes aside, Taremi did great today, not only his goal, but he also won us a penalty.

Comment

Shojaei missed the penalty?
                                Fadaye Suresh.

Now it's time to test the team and push it to the limit with some tough friendlies. Even at the cost of getting our sh*t kicked hard

Comment

Working...
                                X