• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan won 2-1.
    1. Jordan 7pts, gd +3
    2. Iran 5pts, gd +4
    3. Syria 4pts, gd 0
    4. Palestine 0pts, gd -7

In the table of second-placed teams Iran is 8th out of 10 and therefore not qualified for U-19 Championship AFC 2018. A shame, considering that U-16 got into Quarters - of the World Cup!

Comment

That's a wiki page.
      and sometimes the info is doctored and wrong.
      What rules does AFC follow. There ought to be a specific website/webpage (within AFC's) that explains the rules.

http://www.the-afc.com/u-19-champion...ts-and-reports

This is the official website. And I would check this in a couple of hours (after the usual asian style of lazy updating after many hours of an event) to make sure

Comment

Sorry mate, I read the regulations. The tiebreakers are exactly like on Wikipedia:
        http://www.the-afc.com/uploads/afc/f...egulations.pdf

For the second-placed teams I cannot find the information, but this is pretty common:
        "Due to groups having different number of teams and the withdrawal of Afghanistan and Northern Mariana Islands from Groups C and J, the results against the fifth and fourth-placed teams in five and four-team groups are not considered for this ranking."

Comment

Now 90 is saying Iran is out!!!! WTF?

Comment

In maghaaleye AFC mige ke Iran az in doore hafz shode:

http://www.the-afc.com/u-19-champion...on-hopes-alive

"Islamic Republic of Iran scored their first win of the qualifiers, beating Palestine 4-0 but it was not enough for them to qualify for the Finals.

Iran drew against Syria (1-1) and Jordan (0-0) and the results were not enough to take them through despite finishing second in the group."
            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

I think Pourgholami wasn't even aware of the rule that the win vs Palestine doesn't count when finishing 2nd. Has he even looked at Qatar's group when he said that Qatar advanced with 4 points?

پورغلامی تصریح کرد: قبل از بازی ها؛ اعلام شد که ۱۰ تیم نخست هر گروه به همراه ۵ تیم برتر دوم که امتیاز بیشتری دارند راهی مرحله نهایی می شوند؛ اما در کمال ناباوری اتفاقات دیگری رخ داد و حقیقتا از قوانین کنفدراسیون فوتبال آسیا در حیرتم و شوکه شده ام. تیمی با 5 گل زده، یک گل خورده و 5 امتیاز حذف می شود و یک گروه دیگر تیم دومی با 4 امتیاز صعود می کند. این رویه کنفدراسیون فوتبال آسیا برای من جای تعجب دارد. در کمال ناباوری تیم قطر فقط با 4 امتیاز بالا می آید.

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1472992...7-%D8%B4%D8%AF
              Last edited by 04041374; 11-08-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

once again we suffer becoz of our own negligence and utter inability to learn an int'l language!!

How many times have our teams been disqualified, eliminated, struck off, ... simply bcoz there's NOBODY in IFF who can read and write simple english?
                One too many times, I say

Comment

When was the last time Saudi Arabia did not host qualification groups and not have the easiest group to qualify with. I have no doubt in my mind that we would've qualified if these games were in Iran instead of Jordan.
                  "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                    once again we suffer becoz of our own negligence and utter inability to learn an int'l language!!

How many times have our teams been disqualified, eliminated, struck off, ... simply bcoz there's NOBODY in IFF who can read and write simple english?
                    It reminds me of the time Esteghlal coaching staff during Mazloumi era was trying to figure out what result they needed to advance on the bench. They were all arguing about different results and didn't even know the correct results of others matches. It's like they don't have access to the web where all the info is made available.
                    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

One word to describe this “farce”
                      sigpic
                      Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

Maybe I should go and get a job translating shit for them? Any idea how much they pay? I don't recall with all those damn zeros that are on the Iranian currency. Oh actually they might end up not paying me.

Comment

Abbas Chamanyan should take over U-19, U16 and U23 teams.

Comment

Mayeli Kohan very soon: "CQ approved Pourgholami as coach is therefore to blame for the elimination of the U19 national team."

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                              Mayeli Kohan very soon: "CQ approved Pourgholami as coach is therefore to blame for the elimination of the U19 national team."
                              It's getting weird that he is so obsessed with CQ..
                              sigpic

Comment

I honestly have never and will probably never understand Mayelikohan. 10 years ago this guy was praising Ahmadinejhad and his regime. Telling coaches to force their players not to tweeze their eyebrows or haircuts (deemed unacceptable).

And nowadays he’s contradicting things he’s said in the past. At one point he even praised Carlos for the coach that he is.

In Martike aghlesho az dast daade..

Comment

Working...
                                X