2018 AFC U-16 Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
    ^ St. Mark jan, I want to be positive like you which I admire bro, but this display was very very bad. And just because we advance does not mean that we will have any chances to go all the way. We will have to play the real deals soon IF we advance. I saw almost 1/3rd of the game and what I saw was just horrible.

Thanks dear
    but I am a believer.
    There were so many things wrong with U16 Iran today, nothing positive to mention but it was just a bad game ., like a deer in the headlight, they were shocked by speed and physical game. Not only climate conditions but the type of refereeing surprized them.

I think they will adsjust., recover against India and beat Vietnam.
    This is a very talented squad.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
        Thanks dear
        but I am a believer.
        There were so many things wrong with U16 Iran today, nothing positive to mention but it was just a bad game ., like a deer in the headlight, they were shocked by speed and physical game. Not only climate conditions but the type of refereeing surprized them.
        I think they will adsjust., recover against India and beat Vietnam.
        This is a very talented squad.
        Agreed, plus the fact that they have a great coach. In retrospect, a camp in a similar climate with friendlies would have made a difference. That's a lesson for the future, for now I have confidence that Chamanian will bring them back together and make them prepared for beating India. He will not let the wheels go off.

Go Iran!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
          Agreed, plus the fact that they have a great coach. In retrospect, a camp in a similar climate with friendlies would have made a difference. That's a lesson for the future, for now I have confidence that Chamanian will bring them back together and make them prepared for beating India. He will not let the wheels go off.
          Go Iran!

Indonesia camped in Malaysia and has been training there, Indeed as I mentioned earlier they played against Oman Sep12 in Malaysia, Score was 3:3 and 3 goals were scored by Bagus who scored against Iran. They understood climate effects better than us.

Comment

I unfortunately missed the Iran game, but losing to Indonesia early on is not a good sign, especially with Vietnam getting far each youth tournament.

I think this is South East Asia's tournament. Its early days but I've not been impressed with Japan. Haven't seen South Korea yet but I'd like to reserve judgement given how things have been going. Meanwhile I've liked the look of Thailand and Malaysia.

Australia have a good chance to reach this World Cup, but I can't ignore their recent youth international record, it is atrocious.

Comment

Watched the game. We got down very early off of a counter and excellent finish. We definitely had our opportunities. We attacked more. They just capitalized on their chances. I think fatigue and weather played a huge part in the game on both sides. But more pressure on us because we were down.

Technically we seem to have a lot of gifted players. The task to qualify for the WC did get a bit tougher, however if we advance out of the group we would only need to win the quarterfinals to qualify.

Comment

Didnt watch the game, but saw the highlights.
                the team didnt play that bad. At least not in offense. Only they need to calm down and be on target. They rushed through their final shots. But the passing showed they are capable of more.

in defense however, they seemed extremely weak and inorganized.
                That is the main worry for the coach. And I think he shd dedicate 90% of the time on this issue, in the coming days.

we will go past india and vietnam.
                But if the defense is not sorted out, .... !

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                  Indonesia camped in Malaysia and has been training there, Indeed as I mentioned earlier they played against Oman Sep12 in Malaysia, Score was 3:3 and 3 goals were scored by Bagus who scored against Iran. They understood climate effects better than us.
                  well, Indonesia has IDENTICAL climate to Malaysia.
                  it's not only understandng the climate. It's their own and they're used to it.

however that loose marking and inorganized defense can hardly be attributed to the climate. Especially that early into the game.

Comment

Afsoos ke 40 sal daare mishe va in dolate setamgar hanooz ham varzesh va honar baraash kamtar arzesh daare ta Hamas o Hezbollah.

Yek roozi beshe in dolat nabood beshe ta teamhaaye zire 16, 20 va 23 betoonan morabbiehaaye darje yek dashte baashaan, amadesaazie monaaseb ba ordooh va baazihaaye dostaane moghabele harifhaaye khob.

Yek roozi beshe bashgaahaaye ma manande yek keshvari na chandan servatmand mesle Argentine bazikonhaaye javoneshoon ra dar akademihaaye khod tamrin va parvaresh bedan va bazikone jahani besazan ba zehniyat va amalkarde pokhte va herfei.

Ta on rooz nayad ma ba in teamhaaye maskhare manande Indonesie ham khahim gah gaahi baakht, va agar saali shansaki chand baazikone por-estedaad ham-senn bashaan be marhaleye jaame jahani miresim.

Be in nemigan paayesaazi, be in migan Jomhorie Eslami.

Afsoos.
                    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

FT
                      Vietnam U16 0-1 (0-0) India U16'

83' PENALTY for #India! After Vikram is brought down inside the box.
                      86' GOAL! Vikram Singh finds the back of the net from the spot to give #India the lead! 1-0!
                      FT: India start their AFC U16 Championship Finals with a 1-0 win over Vietnam

1 Indonesia U16 1 3 1 0 0 2 0 2
                      2 India U16 1 3 1 0 0 1 0 1
                      3 Vietnam U16 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 -1
                      4 Iran U16 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 -2
                      Last edited by St_Mark; 09-21-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

If we don't make it out of this group ... then Khoda marah komak-kone

Comment

I like the look of India's Vikram Partap and Ridge Melvin Demello. The former constantly found space to receive the end of crosses or through balls. The latter showrd a lot of flair and good dribbling ability, causing Vietnam's defence problems.

India beat Vietnam 1-0 with a Vikram Partap penalty being the deciding factor.

Comment

No need to be so pessimistic. Iran U16 is a good team and will advance from this group.
                            It is very bad to lose but in this case advancing as 1st or second make not much different, hard to tell which of Sk, Iraq, and Australia at this time is stronger. The situation is unlike U23.

It was a bad game but if we have to lose a game it is best to lose first. Just for sake of reminder, Korean U23 lost first match to Malaysia conceded 2 goals but they won Championship.
                            Too early to be negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                              Didnt watch the game, but saw the highlights.
                              the team didnt play that bad. At least not in offense. Only they need to calm down and be on target. They rushed through their final shots. But the passing showed they are capable of more.

in defense however, they seemed extremely weak and inorganized.
                              That is the main worry for the coach. And I think he shd dedicate 90% of the time on this issue, in the coming days.

we will go past india and vietnam.
                              But if the defense is not sorted out, .... !
                              Young Iranian team disorganized? You don't say?

Why is it that it seems like a lot of our youth teams suffer from issues with being a team?

Comment

What dribbling skills by Indo player on that last goal! Our boys just stood and watched! Having said that, now the big first game shock is behind them and they can focus on the next game. I’m sure nerves played a huge factor here and will be less of an issue in the next game.

Comment

Working...
                                X