Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you watch football? Or better say why do you follow Iranian NT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe it or not soccer is like my 3rd favorite sport. I just love Team Melli so much because they are the true underdog story and they rep my country. I may not live in Iran, but I'll always bleed Ghormeh Sabzi and Asheh Reshteh

Comment

Because we TM cheetah fans love our nation, our people and our amazing food and culture.....

Comment

There are many reasons why I follow TM
        1. Country and Persian blood that runs through me. Even though I don't live in Iran, the heritage and culture is very important to me. The pride that runs through our country is 2nd to none
        2. The crazy memories and moments that has been given to us. There has been countless games by TM that are memorable and amazing to me.
        3. The players.
        4. Azadi Stadium fanbase
        5. The coaches esp CQ
        6. SS/PP

Comment

Football is a reflection of culture, society and evolution. Then you got the stories attached to it. And lastly you have the beauty, the soul and the spirit of peoples working together and fighting for a common goal.

Comment

some really amazing responses in this thread. many of them i've always felt subconsciously but haven't articulated. nice to see it in words.

It's a way to express nationalism...and the buildup and post-game, nothing like it. so exciting. it's like a holiday 4-5 times a year.

Comment

Iran's national team or any super defensive team should be the last team to follow if you wanna watch beautiful football with creativity!

The only reason you follow TM is because they represent your country! Because of patriotism!

Comment

I follow mostly because of TM. It is one of the few ways I can connect with my ancestral country (other than food and faith). And also for USNT.
                EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

I really don't know why I subconsciously tune in to watch EVERY Liverpool game.

We could be on a shitty losing streak, and I'll still tune to see where Andy Carroll might take us.

Gerard might slip up and lose the chance to win the title for the first time in 25 years, but I'll still continue to watch.

I guess it's unrequited love for Liverpool is what makes me watch football.

Comment

Working...
                  X