Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
    In memory of our late Jadoogar/Wizard!

We need a player like him in team melli and only Soroush Rafiei and Behnam Barzay can step up and fill his void. I just wish CQ invites these two. Pahlevan is also the third choice.

shojaei > rafei

rafei is a good player, but lets please not compare him with someone who has played years of top flight european football.

Shojaei is a much more refined player and IMO has become even better in this age.
    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

I believe that it will be a close game but we have insane talent in our rank that Qatar have no answer to. So I'm hoping for another clean sheet and a 2-0 victory.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
        We need a player like him in team melli and only Soroush Rafiei and Behnam Barzay can step up and fill his void. I just wish CQ invites these two. Pahlevan is also the third choice.
        What?!! None of these players even reach the toe nails of Ali Karimi! That includes Masoud Shojaei and in fact any other player we have at the moment!

At 21 years old, clubs like Atletico Madrid offered contracts to Ali Karimi. All our players would only dream of such offers. Even Azmoun never really got a serious offer from top clubs.

I don't know why you even put the above mentioned players' names together with Ali Karimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
          What?!! None of these players even reach the toe nails of Ali Karimi! That includes Masoud Shojaei and in fact any other player we have at the moment!
          At 21 years old, clubs like Atletico Madrid offered contracts to Ali Karimi. All our players would only dream of such offers. Even Azmoun never really got a serious offer from top clubs.
          I don't know why you even put the above mentioned players' names together with Ali Karimi.
          But honestly, what did Karimi achieve in his career to deserve so much respect in comparison to our other players...? Yes he had a lot of talent but he didn't use it to actually achieve something for TM or even his previous clubs. A player like Gucci , albeit a lot less talented than AK, has been far more useful for TM, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
            CAMs don't seem fit into CQ's formation. He seems to prioritize utility players and that's a key position in the transition from defence to offence. He usually even plays CAMs on the wing, like he did with shojaei for so long. That's my guess why Soroush isn't invited.
            yea up that pretty much sums it up... did the same to the mighty AK8, The greatest AM in history of Asia..!
            but Sourosh has a lot of energy and if instructed could track back and be a pest defensively up n down the wing too..!! he performed adequately in that role during the AC15. he is perhaps the most and probably the only controversial omission from the call up list..!!
            we can only hope in a very small chance that his omission is to make room for Ghoddos ..? or even a smaller chance that he may get added late..!?
            perhaps he will be brought in to the mix for China game, since we will be pressing for a win at home.!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
              But honestly, what did Karimi achieve in his career to deserve so much respect in comparison to our other players...? Yes he had a lot of talent but he didn't use it to actually achieve something for TM or even his previous clubs. A player like Gucci , albeit a lot less talented than AK, has been far more useful for TM, IMO
              Ali Karimi's personality being lazy and all is true. But that is another discussion. In terms of talent and skills, none of our players even match his shoes! Which one of our players have you seen being recruited to a top club like Bayern Munich directly from an Asian club, without even playing for a single European team?

If he had half of Daei's ambitions, he'd been one of the absolute top players in the world. IMO it's a bit too much but Blazevic used to say he was already among top 5 and only if he had gone to Europe when he was younger, he'd been among top 3. and then if you put that name together with the likes of Rafiei, Barzay and Pahlevan, sorry but it's just laughable.

BTW...in terms of his presence in TM....... I remember when Daei was 32 and still a goal scoring machine in the WCQ games 2001, I wasn't as worried if he was gone during a game than when a 21 year old Ali Karimi was away for some reason.

Comment

20. Danial Mahini

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                  20. Danial Mahini
                  Has he been added to the squad since Ghafouri is injured?

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                    Has he been added to the squad since Ghafouri is injured?
                    he is practicing with TM

Comment

^ Good addition to the team. He is young and seems to have the potential to replace Ghafouri.

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                      shojaei > rafei

rafei is a good player, but lets please not compare him with someone who has played years of top flight european football.

Shojaei is a much more refined player and IMO has become even better in this age.
                      Shojaei has a lot of ups and downs and playing in Greece doesn't tell if he is good enough. Look at Ansarifard and it should be a good scale for that. Greek and Dutch league are not good enough to test a solid NT player. As I mentioned the only people that we have now to fill that role are Rafiei, Mosalman, Barzay, and Pahlevan in my opinion. These players need enough caps to pick up experience then be used regularly. I never said either of them are equal to Ali Karimi but this is what we have now.

Comment

It's a mistake to overlook Rafiei. Even if you dont mean to use him in this game, you gotta include him in the sessions so he would slide into the first team without hicups and quickly.

I'd also like to see Kaveh Rzaie given half the chances Taromi (for the miniscule number of goals he's scored) has got in TM. You dont know, maybe Kaveh would gel and perform better

Comment

Maybe the reason he didn't invite enough CAMs is because he's planning to invite Ghoddos?!
                          Has Ghoddos played his official game for Sweden's NT yet?? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saman_Ghoddos Here it says he has played 2 games, and scored a goal. If true, doesn't that make him not eligible? Also, http://www.transfermarkt.com/saman-g...spieler/204294 same thing.
                          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                            Has Ghoddos played his official game for Sweden's NT yet?? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saman_Ghoddos Here it says he has played 2 games, and scored a goal. If true, doesn't that make him not eligible? Also, http://www.transfermarkt.com/saman-g...spieler/204294 same thing.
                            No , because he only played in friendly games

Comment

According to footbalitarin Pahlavan has left the camp. Does any one know why? I think he is a gold.

Comment

Originally posted by DireStraits View Post
                                According to footbalitarin Pahlavan has left the camp. Does any one know why? I think he is a gold.
                                Wedding

Comment

Working...
                                X