Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
    can someone please explain what is going on from the beginning
    So I'll explain what I understood. Usually when a company like Adidas or Nike makes jersey's for teams they don't charge the country. So they would sponsor them. They do this so they can make revenue off of the purchases later on. Now Iran's jersey's are currently made by Adidas but we just learned that we actually pay for them (If I'm not mistaken 1 million $). What will happen is that we'll get very very basic jersey's and then the federation will sew on the badges and so on. The reason for this is because apparently there is a law in Iran that says that 20% of the clothing is supposed to be manufactured within the country (Iran). Obviously no large company would ever agree to this as the revenue would go down significantly. They refused to alter this and unfortunately it's costing the federation money and we probably won't have good looking jerseys. Beyond that.. it might be hard or impossible to purchase that jersey if you are a fan. So unfortunate

Comment

This doesn’t sound good..

Why didn’t we just get Puma.. They are sexy too and they offered to pay us. Saket doesn’t seem to be true in everything he says.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
        This doesn’t sound good..

Why didn’t we just get Puma.. They are sexy too and they offered to pay us. Saket doesn’t seem to be true in everything he says.
        For Puma apparently they didn't want to give us a contract at the time either

Comment

Ajab giri kardim ha!!! Hala ye bar shod ye lebase tokhmi bedune dard o sar bepushim ya sefaresh bedim? ay khak konan tu sare in olagh ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Shayan_M View Post
            Ajab giri kardim ha!!! Hala ye bar shod ye lebase tokhmi bedune dard o sar bepushim ya sefaresh bedim? ay khak konan tu sare in olagh ha.

Comment

We had the most beautiful UHL sport jersey with thr cheetah design but nooo Iranians must have some famous brand which makes us the most generic looking jersey ever, We love being a sheep in the crowd instead of standing out
              You just got Caged
              K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE View Post
                We had the most beautiful UHL sport jersey with thr cheetah design but nooo Iranians must have some famous brand which makes us the most generic looking jersey ever, We love being a sheep in the crowd instead of standing out
                Personally I liked those jerseys as well but they had issue, the quality was terrible. CQ and the entire team mentioned that the badges were coming off during the world cup. Even members here have said it was bad quality.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                  Personally I liked those jerseys as well but they had issue, the quality was terrible. CQ and the entire team mentioned that the badges were coming off during the world cup. Even members here have said it was bad quality.
                  personally the matter of kits is not a big deal. We are a society where many people are currently struggling to buy eggs, so getting quality jerseys is acceptable, even if they dont have a special design. I think more important is getting quality friendlies. The only thing that bothers me about the kit thing is the question of accessibility to purchase it. Also at the end of the day I think adidas will give us some sort of design, special colors, etc, even if it is based on a template. They dont want their brand looking lame on the big stage.

Comment

is it me or does anyone else feel that the kit without cheetah looks more classy? I hope they come up with a better, more modern and more subtle design for the adidas kits (highly doubt). Otherwise Adidas kits, even the plain ones, look better without the cheetah watermark.

Comment

The Uhlsport, Legea, Givova kits were all bad. I hope to never see TM back with them again. Uhlsport would be decent for IPL clubs but Iran needs to be with Adidas. If the players like it, then I like it.

Comment

Please don't defend the Uhlsport, Givova, and Legea brand jerseys. Let's not settle for garbage. The players hated the material and complained about them in every post-game interview. I bought the official Legea jersey, and let me tell you, it's a trash jersey.

Comment

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1495108...AF%D8%B4%D8%AA

Interview with the team that led these fantastic negotiations:
                          Main points:

1) Four Grade A Brands: Nike, Under Armour, Adidas, Puma. The rest are Grade B and C.

2) IFF made decision to only go with Grade A Brand for World Cup.

3) Nike and Under Armour are American so they could not enter negotiations. Puma had bad experiences in Iran in 2006 and they sponsor Israel....so that's a no. Adidas is left.

4) Sponsors enter markets for two reasons : 1)Brand Awareness, 2) Money.

5) Adidas doesn't need brand awareness in Iran... everyone is aware. Adidas stipulated that IFF guarantee 200,000 shirt sales in order to sponsor them, which would subject IFF to a 4 million dollar fine... if this were not to happen.

6) Adidas DID NOT AGREE to design suggestions from IFF, including the Cheetah.

7) So in the end, Adidas will not sponsor Iran... but Iran will wear Adidas based on a contract.... signed for only one year. 75% discount for IFF to buy equipment and 10% royalty. IFF is hoping to show market strength and good faith in this one year, to renegotiate next year. They can also edit the jerseys as they wish.

Bottomline: we will enjoy 30 dollar plain stripes with a fake cheetah on it for a year before we go back to Uhlsport, LEGEA, and Majid.
                          Last edited by CHaMiLLionaire; 01-03-2018, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                            http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1495108...AF%D8%B4%D8%AA

Interview with the team that led these fantastic negotiations:
                            Main points:

1) Four Grade A Brands: Nike, Under Armour, Adidas, Puma. The rest are Grade B and C.

2) IFF made decision to only go with Grade A Brand for World Cup.

3) Nike and Under Armour are American so they could not enter negotiations. Puma had bad experiences in Iran in 2006 and they sponsor Israel....so that's a no. Adidas is left.

4) Sponsors enter markets for two reasons : 1)Brand Awareness, 2) Money.

5) Adidas doesn't need brand awareness in Iran... everyone is aware. Adidas stipulated that IFF guarantee 200,000 shirt sales in order to sponsor them, which would subject IFF to a 4 million dollar fine... if this were not to happen.

6) Adidas DID NOT AGREE to design suggestions from IFF, including the Cheetah.

7) So in the end, Adidas will not sponsor Iran... but Iran will wear Adidas based on a contract.... signed for only one year. 75% discount for IFF to buy equipment and 10% royalty. IFF is hoping to show market strength and good faith in this one year, to renegotiate next year. They can also edit the jerseys as they wish.

Bottomline: we will enjoy 30 dollar plain stripes with a fake cheetah on it for a year before we go back to Uhlsport, LEGEA, and Majid.

If point 5 is right, f*** Adidas. What is this? Turkmanchai treaty? JCPOA?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              If point 5 is right, f*** Adidas. What is this? Turkmanchai treaty? JCPOA?
                              Well, what do they gain from a market that is infiltrated with fake products? Atleast China has a billion people and the potential is huge. What do you gain from entering the Iranian market?

Of course they want some guarantee that sales of shirts will be enough to cover their investment/profits.

Comment

Rofl why are we always the most badbakht fans in the world? [emoji23] We will be the only ones not wearing our teams shirt haha

Comment

Working...
                                X