Team Melli Adidas "Sponsorship"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maniei View Post
    As you said, they only exist in Iran. So why do we need to create awareness in the world? All it takes is for IR to get their shit together and prevent them from getting extinct in their very own land.
    The reason we have them on our shirt is another. It's a stunt by an international terrorist (minister of culture) to erase the true symbol of our nation from our identity, through the back door.

Having said that, I'm not against them being on our shirts. As you said too, they make our jerseys unique, and it helps creating awareness among Iranians at least.
    Actually, there are international agencies, including through the UN, that fund nature conservation efforts (including endangered wildlife). Just because they are only in Iran, doesn't mean that other nations/people are not interested in conserving the Asiatic cheetah. I don't live in China, but would support similar efforts to preserve wild Pandas. I don't live in Canada or the Arctic, but I would support conserving the wild polar bears...I think you get the point here.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      It's actually an asiatic cheetah, with only about 50 living in the wild in Iran (they are not found any where else in the world). It's been added to TM kits to raise awareness about it's fragile existence and the need to conserve this species. No offense, but by your comment, it may be useful to continue to have it on TM kits to continue to raise awareness/knowledge about it.
      No offense but I actually know the story behind it ... and in fact I'm lucky to say that Ive seen one in real life ... I was being sarcastic because it doesn't look like it at all. Looks more like a kenyan leopard

Comment

Hala malum nashod key in pirhan haye va-mundeye tm key gharare moarefi beshe? TM always seems to be last team to present their jersey, which at the end of the day will be a huge disappointment to most fans.

Comment

Originally posted by kidmo View Post
          So it would be something like this:
          Nice algerian jersey!

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            Nice algerian jersey!
            All jerseys are similar somehow unless they play naked!

PSYCHOPATH
            https://open.spotify.com/track/54q3rTiRdvXGar9WvqJA4T

Comment

Persian panther is the name actually

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
              CITY

Comment

Originally posted by kidmo View Post
                All jerseys are similar somehow unless they play naked!
                Do you find Peru or Argentina one is similar to an other NT jersey?

if IFF was smart, they would have choose the same jersey than Peru but with a tricolor stripe.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin K View Post
                  Persian panther is the name actually

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
                  no this is for the persian cheetah, asiatic cheetah. Yes we have leopards in iran too, but they are not as endangered as cheetahs.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                    Do you find Peru or Argentina one is similar to an other NT jersey?

if IFF was smart, they would have choose the same jersey than Peru but with a tricolor stripe.
                    Yes I do
                    They're both jerseys and it's beyond similarity
                    But jokes aside I got you
                    I didn't design that I just used Adidas new template to see how would it be if we get those templates

PSYCHOPATH
                    https://open.spotify.com/track/54q3rTiRdvXGar9WvqJA4T

Comment

Originally posted by Shayan_M View Post
                      Hala malum nashod key in pirhan haye va-mundeye tm key gharare moarefi beshe? TM always seems to be last team to present their jersey, which at the end of the day will be a huge disappointment to most fans.
                      Publicly March 2018.

Comment

We have to give our jersey an identity and make it iconic, not keep changing it,

Comment

Comment

Tough spot TM is in. I've summarized the below from the above interview and some notes from Pejman Rahbar (varzesh3 editor)
                            1 - Adidas doesn't believe it has a market in Iran (I think this is more of an excuse to not have to deal with sanctions).
                            2 - To save face they refer to the Iranian law which states for foreign products to be sold in Iran at least 20% of products have to be manufactured in Iran. (Never going to happen, almost all Adidas is produced in China, Bangladesh and a few other textile dominant countries).
                            3 - TM staff and players were very happy with Adidas.
                            4 - It seems no other major offers were in place from the higher quality companies. The usual offers from Chinese companies, Givova... were there but not wanted.
                            5 - In the end a 1 year agreement was signed where TM gets clothes at a discounted rate and a 10% royalty for Iran kits and apparel sold online. Adidas isn't an official sponsor.
                            6 - According to Abedini, the contract is for 4 million Euro worth of apparel and equipment with a 75% discount - so IFF is spending 1 million euro on this stuff!
                            In the end I don't know what else IFF could have done. You can't force Adidas and Nike to be with you when they clearly believe its not in their interest.
                            Last edited by Nokhodi; 01-01-2018, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              Tough spot TM is in. I've summarized the below from the above interview and some notes from Pejman Rahbar (varzesh3 editor)
                              1 - Adidas doesn't believe it has a market in Iran (I think this is more of an excuse to not have to deal with sanctions).
                              2 - To save face they refer to the Iranian law which states for foreign products to be sold in Iran at least 20% of products have to be manufactured in Iran. (Never going to happen, almost all Adidas is produced in China, Bangladesh and a few other textile dominant countries).
                              3 - TM staff and players were very happy with Adidas.
                              4 - It seems no other major offers were in place from the higher quality companies. The usual offers from Chinese companies, Givova... were there but not wanted.
                              5 - In the end a 1 year agreement was signed where TM gets clothes at a discounted rate and a 10% royalty for Iran kits and apparel sold online. Adidas isn't an official sponsor.
                              In the end I don't know what else IFF could have done. You can't force Adidas and Nike to be with you when they clearly believe its not in their interest.
                              The issue is people like Abedini claims they had offers from Puma, and one or two other reputed brands which was going to give IFF good amount of money as well, Nike was out of question anyway(coming from USA).

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                                The issue is people like Abedini claims they had offers from Puma, and one or two other reputed brands which was going to give IFF good amount of money as well, Nike was out of question anyway(coming from USA).
                                Abedini starts talking about Uhlsport... he forgets Uhlsport was so shameless they were sending TM inferior kits for the World Cup itself.
                                Middlemen are just upset some bisavad cousin in Dubai isn't going to get rich for selling the same crap.
                                Abedini was useless at IFF - he was fired for a resaon.

* I just watched the Abedini part and its clear he has no idea about how these companies work. He expects a company like Adidas to treat IFF like a wholesale retailer... its not... IFF is the end user.
                                Last edited by Nokhodi; 01-01-2018, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X