This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware Aghans are shaking things up!

Kabul: German Otto Pfister has been named as the new head coach of Afghanistan.

The vastly experienced 79-year-old was officially unveiled on Sunday after signing a one-year deal with the Afghanistan Football Federation (AFF).

Pfister will now oversee Afghanistan’s attempt to book a spot at the 2019 AFC Asian Cup when the third and final round of qualifying gets underway next month.

“After the resignation of former coach Petar Segrt, we tried to hire a good coach and we were able to reach an agreement with Pfister,” AFF President Keramuddin Karim told reporters.

“We have signed a contract with him and I hope that with Pfister and the new technical staff we will be able to fulfill our people’s wishes.”

Pfister, Africa’s Manager of the Year in 1992, already has a wealth of experience under his belt, having famously guided Saudi Arabia to the 1998 FIFA World Cup, Togo at the 2006 FIFA World Cup and Ghana to success at the 1991 FIFA U-17 World Cup.

The Cologne native has also won league titles in Lebanon and Egypt with Nejmeh and Zamalek respectively.

Afghanistan’s quest to reach the 2019 edition of the AFC Asian Cup continues on March 28 with a Group C clash against Vietnam in the neutral venue of Dushanbe.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Comment

good for them. Pfister is a capable coach. They deserve some happiness.

Comment

Afghanis are Iranic people and it should be our dutie to help advance their game. All Afghani national players should be playing in our leagues. That is the least we can do.
        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

This just reminds me of people saying the "Chinese empire in football is coming" and nothing happened. Otto Pfister is 79, I rather doubt he can make much change. Good luck to them though, asian teams becoming better is in our interest

Comment

I think Peykan has an afghani player
            sigpic

Comment

First it was the Chinese empire then we need to beware of the afghans. Hopefully Sri Lanka doesn't start investing otherwise TM might not make the final round of WCQ by 2026.

Comment

now we have to worry about afghanistan hehee

Comment

If war torn Afghanistan cares enough to bring in a decent coach. Goes to show they really care for their football. Something IFF mostly lacks

Comment

From my 30 years ago recollections, Afghan in Iran are sorta like the Mexicans here in US ..! By in large good natured, hard working folks...! There were a shitton of them in Mashhad back in the day. Many of them hard laboring & some owned small businesses.
                    Good for them..! I hope they manage to qualify for AC 19, & provide their nationals with something to be happy about, in light of constant shitt happening in that country.

Comment

Very good. I always hope Afghans and Tajiks do well. After TM they are the only other 2 national teams I support. Hopefully we see all 3 Persian speaking countries at the 2019 Asian Cup

Comment

Pretty disgusting to see how many people here like these Afghan dirts considering their opinion of Iranians. Most of them are alafs, criminals, terrorists, and rapists. I really hope nothing good comes out of this appointment.

Comment

Afghani empire is coming. Becareful guys. They can catch up with us very soon if they can discover 11 khodadad Azizi in less than a year.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                            Pretty disgusting to see how many people here like these Afghan dirts considering their opinion of Iranians. Most of them are alafs, criminals, terrorists, and rapists. I really hope nothing good comes out of this appointment.
                            "And I assume, some of them are good people"

Comment

I think the title is sarcastic right?

Wish them the best though...

Comment

Working...
                              X