Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifier: Qatar - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (23.03.2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    Azmoun scored 2 goals in the last game. How is that being "on a tear" as you try to put it? He's scored 9 goals in 27 games while Gucci has scored 16 in 27 games. Gucci has been more consistent than Azmoun. Azmoun should get his chance against China but leaving Gucci out in favor of a "name" (Azmoun) would not be fair TBH!
    3 gaosl in last three games - 7 in last 10.

Plus, the defense and competition he faces in Russia is superior to that of Gucci.

Comment

Thing is I don't trust a flat 4-4-2 unless our CMs are perfect. Hosseini/Montazeri need cover as they are aging and are not as good 1v1 anymore. I have the most confidence in Ezzatollahi to be an amazing CM in 3-4 years but it might be too early to trust him 100% in a 2 man central midfield against Qatar. I'd be ok with a 4-4-2 diamond.

If Ezzatollahi stays home and destroys/has good deep distribution we can hurt Qatar. Conservative enough yet still taking a risk from time to time. Shojaei/Rafiei each have their strengths but CQ prob goes with Shojaei.

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=dy59w

Comment

Isn't Hajsafi suspended? His 2 game ban for the Qatar fight came down after the Korea game. He's only sat one game (against Syria), I think he has to sit out the Qatar game too.

Comment

HS is not suspended for the Qatar match and as a matter fact TM has no player suspended for this game

Comment

Guys the thing is Ghoddos isn't even a real CAM. CAM position requires great ball control and creativity. Ghoddos is a good player but he is good in winger positions where he can use his speed i know thay Saman has great ball control but i think he lacks creativity.
            Last edited by Erfan11; 03-08-2017, 02:11 AM.
            Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Ghoddos wasn't even invited when he was in top form at the end of last year. There's no way he's gonna start especially since he's been on break. Doubt he even gets invited

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                3 gaosl in last three games - 7 in last 10.

Plus, the defense and competition he faces in Russia is superior to that of Gucci.
                Yes and 9 in the last 27 games! The defense being stronger or weaker is very much subjective! Besides, I don't think Qatar's defense is stronger than the ones any of them face.

Probably CQ will go with Azmoun as he's always had but I think Gucci deserves to start in at least 1 game.

Comment

Sardar is younger, bigger, more physical, and flat out the better Striker all around than Gucci..!
                  He plays club football in a very similar overall defensive tactical set up to TM and performs quiet well vs tough defenses in key fixtures and seems to be in great physical and scoring form of late..!
                  most probably azmoun will get the starting nod vs Gutter if he proves effective vs China too..! Reza will be the first choice sub at striker position and likely will get subbed in both games or at least 1 for sure after the 60 min mark..!

ps
                  i'd also like Reza to get the starting nod vs China at Azadi especially if he doesnt get much minutes vs Gutter..! yet i doubt if that'll happen..?
                  he was primed for Start vs Syria with Sardar suspended, but the freaking game conditions were horrible so CQ instead opted for bigger and more physical players who can mud wrestle better.! oddly the only period of that game which TM looked legitimately threatening offensively was late-on after Reza came off the bench..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
                    Guys the thing is Ghoddos isn't even a real CAM. CAM position requires great ball control and creativity. Ghoddos is a good player but he is good in winger positions where he can use his speed i know thay Saman has great ball control but i think he lacks creativity.
                    CQ's system doesnt really rely on a traditional creative CAM anyhow..! but more a Winger/CM..! in general Carlos doesnt care as much for creativity as Work-rate and defensive/offensive hustle..!
                    Samman (from the hightlights ive seen so far) comes across as very energetic n lively, physical, fast with excellent goal-scoring knack ..!
                    he is sorta in the same mold of a player as Dejagha, just not as experienced and refined, off course but kid is still young and got potential coming outta vazzo..!
                    his possible invite and continued presence will greatly decline our dependence on the aging and weary Ashkan and probably end Taremi's TM Career..!

Comment

Originally posted by ShervinJ View Post
                      Ghoddos wasn't even invited when he was in top form at the end of last year. There's no way he's gonna start especially since he's been on break. Doubt he even gets invited
                      who is he?i never heard of him

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        CQ's system doesnt really rely on a traditional creative CAM anyhow..! but more a Winger/CM..! in general Carlos doesnt care as much for creativity as Work-rate and defensive/offensive hustle..!
                        Samman (from the hightlights ive seen so far) comes across as very energetic n lively, physical, fast with excellent goal-scoring knack ..!
                        he is sorta in the same mold of a player as Dejagha, just not as experienced and refined, off course but kid is still young and got potential coming outta vazzo..!
                        his possible invite and continued presence will greatly decline our dependence on the aging and weary Ashkan and probably end Taremi's TM Career..!
                        Well in Asia we need more creativity as we have the ball more than matches in World Cup or better teams. But your point is right Saman can help us so much in World Cup if we qualify inshallah.
                        Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                          and probably end Taremi's TM Career..!
                          They don't play in the same position. Taremi competes with Azmoun, Gucci and Ansarifard, even though the former has played out of position some times.

I agree Ghoddos is Dejagah type of player!

Comment

Idk why we bring up Ghoddos? We have two crucial qualifiers ahead which will mostly determine the rest of the campaign, we need to work on what we already have.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                              They don't play in the same position. Taremi competes with Azmoun, Gucci and Ansarifard, even though the former has played out of position some times.

I agree Ghoddos is Dejagah type of player!
                              Taremi started out in TM as Striker/Azmoun/karim sorta player, but he wastes so many chances and his conversion rate is so shitt that past few games Carlos has yanked him back bit and mostly now utilizing him as Winger/CM sorta player or at best a drop back striker..! (to a lesser degree same thing is happening to Karim too..!)
                              Tarimi still has good size/physical strength, he is tenacious defensively and gets back to help wingbacks often, strong in pssession/holds the ball up well on the wing/mf which helps us kickstart our counters...!
                              Yet i figure Sammaan after a couple of games to get his feet wet, can pretty much deliver everything Taremi can offer @ higher quality rate with a far superior finishing touch to boot..!! after a while, he could easily render Tarmi surplus to requirement and demote him back to another domestic hopeful which he really is ..!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                Idk why we bring up Ghoddos? We have two crucial qualifiers ahead which will mostly determine the rest of the campaign, we need to work on what we already have.
                                i think Right Now we are in a very important juncture in possible snatching of this young top talent and veering it our way before he gets cap-tied to Sweden and lost forever..!
                                all we were waiting for was for him to drop a hint as to his genuine Desires to rep TM, (which although perhaps bit late..!?) he already has ..!
                                considering he has already been called up and utilized by Sweden, if we wait much longer he could well get a sub appearance for them coming up shortly in an official match and lost forever..! hence the urgency ..!
                                face it, the Kid is exactly the type of player that CQ's TM currently is in desperate need of and with his youth and huge potential, he could be for years to come..!! he could easily become another Dejagha for us ..!

Comment

Working...
                                X