AFC Champions League Week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
    Mazaheri is good, but inconsistent. He conceded 7 goals in the last three league games.

On another note, this game was basically Iran - Saudi Arabia. Both clubs had 7 NT players invited to the last camp.
    Iran vs Saudi with 3 top 4 league quality add-ons.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
      Mazaheri is good, but inconsistent. He conceded 7 goals in the last three league games.

On another note, this game was basically Iran - Saudi Arabia. Both clubs had 7 NT players invited to the last camp.
      Not really, Most of Saudi Arabia play in Al Hilal... while Iran's talent and players play in Europe.

The only two PP players that are irreplaceable are Hosseini and Rezaein. Could you imagine adding Ezzatolahi, Azmoun, Dejagah, Jahanbaksh, Mohammadi, Gucci, and now Shekari to this line up?

This isnt Iran vs Saudi Arabia.... this is Iran's best domestic players vs Saudi TM + two or three Brazilians.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
        The pattern shows that our teams always perform the best in the first week of ACL. But with these matches I predict 5 points max.
        Ditto!! Worst ever first week as far as I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
          Ditto!! Worst ever first week as far as I remember.
          2015 was worse. 1W (Perspolis) 1D (Foolad) 2L (TS and Naft)

Comment

They say you can tell a good year from its spring.

The spring for our 4 representatives in this edition of ACL, has been pretty dim!

None showed any promises. No preparation, no tactics, no display of modern football, just Zire e Toop and committing foul - the story of Iranian football.

Comment

I didn't watch any of the games but judging from the highlights I think it is fair to say that Esteghlal Khuzestan performed better then our other 3 teams. Vital point for ZZ against Al Ain away though. They are a very tough team to play in UAE and ZZ got a point with one chance and they were dominated the whole game. I don't know how much longer we have to suffer from our teams conceding on corners/set pieces. We just can't defend them. This problem is also a major issue in TM.

Comment

Oh wow so you guys are saying we are not doing that good in ACL....again?!

What a shock!!! /sarcasm

We only have one thing going for us, that's TM and pretty soon we will even lose that if the stupid clubs don't get behind TM and show some damn unity.

Comment

Idk why every year you guys get hyped up over this ACL competition. Our league is garbage and has been so for years now.

Comment

This should have been a red card.
                    https://twitter.com/FootballPersian/...71882463166464

The ref was no better than in the Qatar game Luckily for the ref CQ wasn't on the sideline.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      I guess finding a decent left back is not Branko's strongest force both in TM and Persepolis:
                      Badavi->Sattar Zareh->Nosrati->Rabikhah->Ahmadzadeh
                      What's crazy is that Mahini used to play as LB for Zob Ahan and that's when he was arguably at his best in his career - he could and should easily move Mahini to that spot and put rezaeian as rb but he's not even able to see that much!!!
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Playing the "home games" against KSA on Oman is the most retarded move by any football federation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to my fellow Persepolis fans. The match could end up in a win but it is still better than nothing. We will pick up the momentum match after match. I could only watch the highlights of the match.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            Its his lack of physical conditioning for his teams that pisses me off. He says he enforces such and such training regime, but it never shows.
                            Every team he's managed falls apart after 60 min.
                            I am sorry, but you must have watched a different team. Perspolis players are fittest we have in IPL. don't take my word for it, just watch the last 10 minutes of today's game. look who is running so hard on the right side of the field in 84th minute. Taremi never stopped running. Neither did Amiri and pretty much everyone else. Moslaman has become a 90 minute player for the first time in his career. the only player that was winded was Soroush Rafeie, and for obvious reasons. he hasn't been with us long enough. and to some extend Rezaeian (because he spent the time he was supposed to be doing physical conditioning, in Turkey)

IF perspolis were a team that was falling apart after 60 minutes, I think they would have allowed far more than 10 goals in 23 games(5 of them coming in the last 3 games, including today's game).

Comment

decent performance by a limping perspolis against a pretty good side.
                              except for a couple of instances, our defense was pretty solid through out the game specially in the middle of the field.
                              I don't like the idea of Rezaian playing in the midfield.

Comment

Some Arab guy at the Esteghlal game used noisy horns to disturb the Esteghlal players, whenever they had the ball.

http://cup.ir/sport/iranianfootball/...1%D8%A7/183392
                                Last edited by 04041374; 02-22-2017, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X