This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
    If you watch TM games he is done by min 60. He is struggling to run... He needs to be in a club to build his stamina....he is really being selfish or retarded not to go to a team...Sardar and him are both hurting TM right now and it really worries me
    He was like that even in fullham
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

CQ should just use him as a 2nd half sub

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
        He was like that even in fullham
        i didn’t follow his career before his move to Fulham but he sure wasn’t a Reg 90 minute player @ Fulham. & if fitness freak Magath couldn’t get that outa him on any regular basis when he was at prime of his career, doubt anyone else can now ..!
        He sure as shitt puts in a shift though every damn game, however many minutes he gets in TM ..!

Comment

Another week has passed, another clubless Dejagah..

Comment

No team is realistically going to sign a player right now - they are focused on league. Dejagah would join a new team shortly before or during winter transfer (if he joins a team at all lol).

Comment

I'll never understand why he can't just sign in Iran?
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                I'll never understand why he can't just sign in Iran?
                Honestly, he is much better off in a different country than Iran. Having grown in kharej, like me, it makes it difficult to live in a country that does not meet your expectations. For us Iranians who don't live in Iran, we don't necessarily like to live there, because we won't get the same freedom like we are elsewhere. Iran is good for a visit to see family and friends, but it ends there. Don't get me wrong, I love the country, but the regime and current culture makes things difficult for us.

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
                  Honestly, he is much better off in a different country than Iran. Having grown in kharej, like me, it makes it difficult to live in a country that does not meet your expectations. For us Iranians who don't live in Iran, we don't necessarily like to live there, because we won't get the same freedom like we are elsewhere. Iran is good for a visit to see family and friends, but it ends there. Don't get me wrong, I love the country, but the regime and current culture makes things difficult for us.
                  well also his entire family is settled in berlin, 2 young kids, parents, friends, etc. He is probably at least holding out for another euro club that is closer to home

Comment

Once Foolad get to play in their brand new stadium, imagine Ashkan Dejagah to help Foolad back to the top and into 2019 ACL.

With thousands of Khouzi fans in attendance and with HD cameras covering the match. Ashkan dribbling Akbar Abbas United left and right like a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
                      That is exactly how I look at it. Iran is literally way behind 1st world countries in every aspect of life. As much as I love Iran too, opportunities are hard to come by and living is very tough. No wonder almost everyone is trying to get out of iran.

Comment

New interview with Ashkan by the Berlin Morning Post:

"Unemployed Dejagah is Iran's World Cup hope

The former Herthanian trains in Berlin and hopes for a tournament against Russia in the tournament against Germany.

Ashkan Dejagah looked impatient. "It can not go on like this, I'm feeling fit, I'm upset!" The former football Bundesliga player had qualified early for the World Cup with the Iranian national team and can hardly wait for his second final round. But Dejagah, 43 times Iranian international, has a problem: he is a non-club.

"Unfortunately, that went completely wrong," said 31-year-old about his second time at VfL Wolfsburg. "I was really looking forward to the Bundesliga, so it took me a lot." At the end of January 2009, the German champion from Qatar returned to Lower Saxony. After a muscle injury that had put him out of action in the spring and only two short appearances in the relegation (1-0, 1-0 against Eintracht Braunschweig), his contract was not renewed in the summer - since Dejagah seeks a club.

Training group with Patrick Ebert

Currently, the offensive player, who has made the leap into professional business from 2000 to 2007 in his time at Hertha BSC, keeps fit in Moabit. From the training group of some ex-Herthanian Anis Ben-Hatira has found a contract with Espérance Tunis in September. Patrick Ebert and Dejagah are still searching.

Dejagah was caught by Carlos Queiroz. The Portuguese coach of Iran relies on Dejagah, leaving him mostly behind the leaders. "I have a good rapport with the coach, for him I am the key of the team, he builds on me," said Dejagah. In the summer he got from Queiroz as twice the captain's armband. At the World Cup in Russia Dejagah wants to "lead the team" with his experience of 158 Bundesliga and 43 Premier League games (FC Fulham). So far, the Iranians were always at the end of the first round, now it should finally go to the knockout stages.

2009 U21 European champion with Neuer, Hummels and Özil

"The team has potential," said Dejagah. "We want to go down in history as the first Iranian team to survive the preliminary round." The highlight of his second World Cup participation would be for Dejagah, who has learned to walk and kick after his birth in Iran's capital Tehran in Berlin, a duel with the world champion: "That would be exciting, I grew up here, Germany is my home."

Before he ran aground for Iran, his parents' homeland, Dejagah had gone through the youth national team of the German Football Association (DFB). With the U21 he won the European title in 2009 - with Manuel Neuer, Mats Hummels, Jerome Boateng and Mesut Özil. "I'm very grateful to the DFB," says Dejagah.

In winter, it needs a new employer

Therefore, he will follow the draw of the World Cup groups on Friday (4pm). However, Dejagah knows that private practice does not replace training with the team or regular games. Looking ahead to the World Cup in Russia Dejagah knows that he needs competitive games. He needs a club for a successful World Cup. That'll work, Dejagah says, looking at the upcoming transfer window from January 1st to 31st, 2018: "It's only a matter of time, in winter I'll sign somewhere.""

https://www.morgenpost.de/sport/hert...-des-Iran.html

Comment

so now he says Jan...!! hum...!!
                          i dont see why he has to wait till then since he is free agent anyways..... obviously he has zero decent offers, especially from a decent league EU ones..? which is still a bit surprising ... afterall he has EU passport and he fking tears it up in TM everytime he suits up and stands out in friendlies amongst many other high figure$ earning EU club signees ..!!

either he is asking for too much money or club's dont trust his ability to stay healthy for even the short remainder of the season ..?? probably both..?

Comment

im sure if IPL players can sign with teams in belgium ashkan can do it too.

I think the problem is that he wants to stay in germany, and I doubt any BL2 teams can pay his salary.
                            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                              im sure if IPL players can sign with teams in belgium ashkan can do it too.

I think the problem is that he wants to stay in germany, and I doubt any BL2 teams can pay his salary.
                              He’s as confused as an emotional middle school girl he needs to man up and make a decision. This no club nonsense is ridiculous he is smart enough to stay in shape but consistent football is needed to be able to really produce
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Interview with Dejagah by RBB:

"Interview | Ex-Hertha player Ashkan Dejagah: "Iranians live and love football!"
                                02.12.17 | 20:07 clock

Ashkan Dejagah has achieved something extraordinary. The former Hertha player is currently without a club and still captain of the Iranian national team. In an interview with rbb | 24 he talks about the group draw for the World Cup in Russia and his sporting future.

He grew up in Berlin, from 2004 to 2007 Ashkan Dejagah played for Hertha BSC in the Bundesliga. Then he was with the VfL Wolfsburg 2009 German champion. After stints in England and Qatar the 31-year-old was there again until last summer under contract. However, he was not renewed after an injury break. Now Dejagah keeps fit in his Berlin home and hopes to find a new professional club soon.

rbb | 24: Mr. Dejagah, how did you experience the group draw for the 2018 World Cup?

Ashkan Dejagah: That's a one-time thing! For weeks I had waited for this day. It was a tough job to qualify. And such a day is of course very exciting and it tingles. You want to know who is coming in which group and what kind of teams you have on yourself. The group we got is the strongest in the World Cup.

Portugal, Spain Morocco: How big are your chances for the round of 16?

It could have been a bit easier. But we had prepared for such teams to come to us. We play against superstars, for Portugal and Spain it is a compulsory task to get into the next round. But we certainly will not go to the World Cup to make it easy for them. We also have a good team and it is not easy to play against us.

In Germany, we get a little bit of Iranian football. How do you rate your national team in international comparison?

I think we have taken a giant step in the past four years. Already at the 2014 World Cup we had a difficult group with Argentina. Especially in the game we have shown the whole world that we are not a simple opponent. Since then we have evolved. We have a lot of young players and never before have so many Iranian national players played at European clubs. Our team is highly motivated. We qualified for the World Cup confidently and early on, without defeat!

How important is coach Carlos Queiroz in this development?

You have to take your hat off to him. It's unbelievable what he has done so far. You can see how the boys developed under him, and at the same time all football in Iran. We can be glad that we have a coach who lives the football and you can see in the result, how it affects.

Is Iran in your eyes a sleeping giant in world football?

Certainly, the Iranians live and love football. That should have happened every time. If we have a home game, such as in the World Cup qualifier against South Korea, there are 100,000 spectators in the stadium. If the stadium were even bigger then 200,000 would come! And in such a big country with so many people, of course, you also have many good talents. With good support they have the chance to play in Europe. At the U-17 World Cup recently, you have seen how strong our offspring is. I very much wish the country and the young players that the development continues.

They are currently without a club - with Joachim Loew it would probably be unthinkable then captain. What does that say about her role in the national team?

Of course that's extraordinary and I'm very grateful to him for that. It shows how much he puts on me and what he gets back from me for it. Of course, I did not choose the current situation myself. But that happens in the football business. If you have a coach who believes in you, that gives you motivation. That's why I hope that I can help and guide at the World Cup.

Would you have liked to play against Germany in the preliminary round of the World Cup?

Yes of course. That would have been great. I grew up here and have a lot of friends in the national team, with whom I myself played in the U-21. That would have been interesting.

Their old club Hertha BSC plays against Eintracht Frankfurt on Sunday. With Niko Kovac and Kevin-Prince Boateng, two other ex-Herthaers return to the Olympic Stadium. How is this game going to end?

It is always interesting to come back to Berlin. Especially for Niko Kovac and also for Kevin that will be exciting. And Pal Dardai and Niko Kovac know each other well, they played together once. Although Frankfurt has a good run, but also Hertha has won the last game again. I see the advantage in Hertha. It will be an attractive game, maybe I'll go to the stadium to see the boys.

Will you be able to see yourself again as a player in the Olympic Stadium?

Why not? I am still young! (laughs) You never know football. It can go fast and that's why I look forward positively. I would be happy to play again in the Bundesliga and also run aground here."

https://www.rbb24.de/sport/beitrag/2...n-dejagah.html

Comment

Working...
                                X