This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
    Dejagah doesn't fit into Nouri's system very well, he lacks the speed to be part of the offense that the team brings.

Also Werder Bremen (or any other professional club for that matter) is not like Ban-Ki Moon or Will Smith where you just can bring along your family or buddies into your field of work.
    Ashkan may have lost a step or two these days.?, but when fully fit, as a WINGER, he usually has plenty of pure pace and can play the game at an incredibly high speed levels. he has proved it plenty of times before in BL/BPL and TM..! its when forced to middle of the pitch (where he isnt comfortable) is when he takes too many unnecessary touches and slows the game down..!

i agree 100% to the Bold though..!

Comment

Dejagah doesn't fit into Nouri's system very well, he lacks the speed to be part of the offense that the team brings.

Also Werder Bremen (or any other professional club for that matter) is not like Ban-Ki Moon or Will Smith where you just can bring along your family or buddies into your field of work.
      Maybe you have Ashkan Dejagah mixed up with Khosro Heydari. Because the notion that a healthy and in shape Ashkan Dejagah doesn't have the speed to play for a team like Werder Bremen is absolutely laughable. As Bache Lot said, arguably he has lost a step in terms of his pace recently but maybe you need to have your memory refreshed.

From a Metro article less than 3 years ago after it became clear Dejagah would be leaving Fulham:

"You may think it a simplistic, quite straightforward argument, but what Dejagah brought to our team was goals. And always at the right time.
      He has a blistering turn of pace, one which caused Premier League full backs endless problems. Imagine what he could do with that speed at a level lower.
      And then you add that to his abundant flair, his control of the ball and his routinely gracious final product. You have, in many ways, a complete winger."

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/26/why-fu...#ixzz4gSjkfOTN

I'm sure you would agree that a guy who was previously tearing up the EPL with his speed could reasonably be expected to replicate that to a degree, if fit, for a mid-tier Bundesliga club in a league that traditionally values physicality and technique over speed.

As to your second point, either your reading comprehension skills are grossly lacking or you clearly misunderstood the point. I think even our most delusional IPL homers are well aware that the Bundesliga isn't IPL when it comes to professionalism. There was no suggestion that Nouri may try to bring Dejagah to Werder Bremen because they are "buddies." The Nouri connection was mentioned to highlight the following point I made: "Nouri is well aware of his quality when in form, and his team could probably use another winger/midfielder for some additional depth." If you believe that previous connections and familiarity with past performance/quality play no role in personnel decisions all over the world, then I think you are sadly misinformed and we can agree to disagree.

However, I would be curious to know as to how you think a 33 year old Ali Karimi landed a 5 month contract with Schalke in 2011, 4 years after his last match in a top flight league. Surely it had nothing to do with his previous connections to his old coach Felix Magath, and everything to do with his sensational form for Steel Azin that season during which he had produced 0 goals and 0 assists in 12 matches, right? Or was the 2011 Schalke squad that made the semi-finals of the Champions League not a professional club?

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
        Maybe you have Ashkan Dejagah mixed up with Khosro Heydari. Because the notion that a healthy and in shape Ashkan Dejagah doesn't have the speed to play for a team like Werder Bremen is absolutely laughable. As Bache Lot said, arguably he has lost a step in terms of his pace recently but maybe you need to have your memory refreshed.
        From a Metro article less than 3 years ago after it became clear Dejagah would be leaving Fulham:
        "You may think it a simplistic, quite straightforward argument, but what Dejagah brought to our team was goals. And always at the right time.
        He has a blistering turn of pace, one which caused Premier League full backs endless problems. Imagine what he could do with that speed at a level lower.
        And then you add that to his abundant flair, his control of the ball and his routinely gracious final product. You have, in many ways, a complete winger."
        http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/26/why-fu...#ixzz4gSjkfOTN
        I'm sure you would agree that a guy who was previously tearing up the EPL with his speed could reasonably be expected to replicate that to a degree, if fit, for a mid-tier Bundesliga club in a league that traditionally values physicality and technique over speed.
        As to your second point, either your reading comprehension skills are grossly lacking or you clearly misunderstood the point. I think even our most delusional IPL homers are well aware that the Bundesliga isn't IPL when it comes to professionalism. There was no suggestion that Nouri may try to bring Dejagah to Werder Bremen because they are "buddies." The Nouri connection was mentioned to highlight the following point I made: "Nouri is well aware of his quality when in form, and his team could probably use another winger/midfielder for some additional depth." If you believe that previous connections and familiarity with past performance/quality play no role in personnel decisions all over the world, then I think you are sadly misinformed and we can agree to disagree.
        However, I would be curious to know as to how you think a 33 year old Ali Karimi landed a 5 month contract with Schalke in 2011, 4 years after his last match in a top flight league. Surely it had nothing to do with his previous connections to his old coach Felix Magath, and everything to do with his sensational form for Steel Azin that season during which he had produced 0 goals and 0 assists in 12 matches, right? Or was the 2011 Schalke squad that made the semi-finals of the Champions League not a professional club?
        I am well aware of the skills that Dejagah has and what qualities he brings to a team. But you're talking about a player that hasn't played fast-paced football since the World Cup 2014/AC2015. Add to that all the injuries he has suffered during this time and surely he would have lost a step or so. Why would Werder Bremen want him - just because of his relationship with Nouri? Don't you feel like that would be a risky move for a fresh Nouri to take, especially based on the strengths that a player had 3 years ago?

The last sentence of the highlighted part doesn't really consolidate your point either - if the point is to compare the pace of those leagues with each other. One can argue whether if Bundesliga is in fact more fast-paced than the Premier League. Considering the way W.Bremen is playing right now, Dejagah would not fit very well into the system – that is my opinion and I say that as someone that has followed the team closely for many years now. He has yet to play a single minute for Wolfsburg and show that he still maintains all those qualities. He should try to stay with Wolfsburg as his style of play fits that current team much better.

That second point was written with a sense of sarcasm, so don't jump on me with all those assumptions. Dejagah's earlier connections to Wolfsburg and German football overall was likely one of the main reason why he was brought back by Wolfsburg, so yes - those connections do exist. And I don't deny the existence of nepotism, but you have to agree that it is much harder to pull off in sports where players are being closely watched by millions of fans, who would raise their voice as soon as something unappealing was going on?

Also, comparing Nouri to Felix Magath? The former one being a young, fresh trainer that recently was promoted to coach the first team and the later one with a long resumé of coaching 7-8 different Bundesliga clubs? You forget to mention that Felix Magath ran Schalke 04 like a dictator and in the end his stubbornness cost him his job. Karimi was brought in by Magath on free transfer, but the addition of Karimi (and also Angelos Charisteas) was among some highly critizied decisions that Magath recently had made. Yes, he did manage to bring Schalke some good results, but at the time he brought Karimi into the club he had lost all kind of support from the fans and he would quite soon be fired by the club. The fact that Karimi only made two appearences (both games under the next coach Ragnick) shows a little bit of the impact he had on that team.

I'm sure Dejagah doesn't want to have the same role as Karimi had of being a benchwarmer - at least not yet.

Comment

I am well aware of the skills that Dejagah has and what qualities he brings to a team. But you're talking about a player that hasn't played fast-paced football since the World Cup 2014/AC2015. Add to that all the injuries he has suffered during this time and surely he would have lost a step or so. Why would Werder Bremen want him - just because of his relationship with Nouri? Don't you feel like that would be a risky move for a fresh Nouri to take, especially based on the strengths that a player had 3 years ago?

The highlighted sentence doesn't prove a point either, Bundesliga is at least on par with the Premier League in terms of speed of the game, and probably even higher. Considering the way W.Bremen is playing right now, Dejagah would not fit very well into the system – that is my opinion and I say that as someone that have followed the team for many years now. He has yet to play a single minute for Wolfsburg and show that he still maintains all those qualities. He should try to stay with Wolfsburg as his style of play fits the current team much better.

That second point was written with a sense of sarcasm, so don't jump on me with all those assumptions. Dejagah's earlier connection to Wolfsburg and German football overall was likely one of the main reason why he was brought back by Wolfsburg, so yes - those connections do exist. And I don't deny the existence of nepotism, but you have to agree that it is much harder to pull off in sports where players are being closely watched by millions of fans, who could raise their voice?

Also, comparing Nouri to Felix Magath? The former one being a young, fresh trainer that recently was promoted to coach the first team and the later one with a long resumé of coaching 7-8 different Bundesliga clubs? You forget to mention that Felix Magath ran Schalke 04 like a dictator and in the end his stubbornness cost him his job. Karimi was brought in by Magath on free transfer, but the addition of Karimi (and also Angelos Charisteas) was among some highly critizied decisions that Magath recently had made. Yes, he did manage to bring Schalke some good results, but at the time he brought Karimi into the club he had lost all kind of support from the fans and he would quite soon be fired by the club. The fact that Karimi only made two appearences (both games under the next coach Ragnick) shows a little bit of the impact he had on that team.
          I'm sure Dejagah doesn't want to have the same role as Karimi had of being a benchwarmer - at least not yet.
          I agree with most of what you said, but now we are drifting a bit off topic as to the scope of your original contentions which were that 1) Dejagah lacks the speed to play in the Werder Bremen offense 2) Werder Bremen is a professional club that will not sign Dejagah due to a possible personal connection with Nouri from previous years.

Why would Werder Bremen want Dejagah? I think you could answer that question by similarly asking yourself why Wolfsburg would want Dejagah when they brought him on board earlier this season. As you said, we are dealing with professional clubs and surely it was not for charitable reasons. Clearly they were aware of the qualities he possesses, and what he can bring to the team when in form at a minimal risk. I respect your opinion regarding Werder Bremen's current system and style of play, but would argue that they are a bit thin in terms of midfield depth for next season at the moment. Kruse and Gnabry have done an excellent job up top for them this season, but Grillitsch has already signed on with Hoffenheim for next season. Bauer is a young and inexperienced player who has not contributed much offensively this year, and the jury is still out on whether Florian Kainz can really produce at the next level like they were hoping. A veteran, experienced midfield/winger that can come on as a utility guy will surely be near the top of their wish list for next season. I agree that the ideal situation for Dejagah would be to remain at Wolfsburg, but wanted to speculate in terms of possible scenarios should they opt to not bring him back. I don't think any fans would be calling for Nouri's head if he were to bring on a guy with Dejagah's resume on a free transfer with minimal wages.

I'm also sure that Dejagah is not ready to assume the same role that Karimi had at Schalke yet either. Having said that, I think its safe to say that Wolfsburg didn't bring him on board with the intention of him being a 90 minute starter. Ashkan is smart enough to understand what his capabilities are, who his competition is, and what teams afford him the best chance to impress and break through for a consistent role throughout the course of a season. I think Werder Bremen could be one of those teams, and the connection with Nouri certainly does not hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
            I agree with most of what you said, but now we are drifting a bit off topic as to the scope of your original contentions which were that 1) Dejagah lacks the speed to play in the Werder Bremen offense 2) Werder Bremen is a professional club that will not sign Dejagah due to a possible personal connection with Nouri from previous years.
            Why would Werder Bremen want Dejagah? I think you could answer that question by similarly asking yourself why Wolfsburg would want Dejagah when they brought him on board earlier this season. As you said, we are dealing with professional clubs and surely it was not for charitable reasons. Clearly they were aware of the qualities he possesses, and what he can bring to the team when in form at a minimal risk. I respect your opinion regarding Werder Bremen's current system and style of play, but would argue that they are a bit thin in terms of midfield depth for next season at the moment. Kruse and Gnabry have done an excellent job up top for them this season, but Grillitsch has already signed on with Hoffenheim for next season. Bauer is a young and inexperienced player who has not contributed much offensively this year, and the jury is still out on whether Florian Kainz can really produce at the next level like they were hoping. A veteran, experienced midfield/winger that can come on as a utility guy will surely be near the top of their wish list for next season. I agree that the ideal situation for Dejagah would be to remain at Wolfsburg, but wanted to speculate in terms of possible scenarios should they opt to not bring him back. I don't think any fans would be calling for Nouri's head if he were to bring on a guy with Dejagah's resume on a free transfer with minimal wages.
            I'm also sure that Dejagah is not ready to assume the same role that Karimi had at Schalke yet either. Having said that, I think its safe to say that Wolfsburg didn't bring him on board with the intention of him being a 90 minute starter. Ashkan is smart enough to understand what his capabilities are, who his competition is, and what teams afford him the best chance to impress and break through for a consistent role throughout the course of a season. I think Werder Bremen could be one of those teams, and the connection with Nouri certainly does not hurt.
            Great analysis!

As of now, I do think there are other positions in the team that they should try to strengthen first.

But I guess there could be some room for Dejagah. Afterall, Pizarro is still getting some playing time although mostly being invisible when on the field.

Comment

"Also from the Wolfsburg fans the coach duo should be given a positive reception. With all the ailments at the beginning of the season, which culminated in "Hecking raus" -reps, the memories of the success-strainer are good. Although the Niedersachsen would be very helpful if Hecking on Saturday the stadium as well as during its last appearance last October as a loser leaves. The ex-coach gets his farewell - a VfL player will be "Saturday" not with a bouquet "dismissed". The contracts of Philipp Wollscheid, Ashkan Dejagah and Borja Mayoral are still running, "but they are not finalized on how to proceed," explains Rebbe.

What is clear, however, is that Wollscheid, who is only borrowed from Stoke City, has no future with the VfL. Also in Mayoral, Real Madrid players, the signs stand for separation. In the past two games the Spaniard was not even in the squad. Dejagah, in the winter of the VfL as a surprise coup celebrated, had so far not even the possibility, in a sample for further employment to recommend. And even in the last two games should not change. "It is very difficult for him," says coach Andries Jonker, "to recommend themselves again and to be in the squad, but he is working very well, I am very satisfied with his contribution." Olaf Rebbe says: "After the season, we have to evaluate together what is best." There is also a tendency for Dejagah to go no further in Wolfsburg."

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/b...bschiedet.html

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
                "Also from the Wolfsburg fans the coach duo should be given a positive reception. With all the ailments at the beginning of the season, which culminated in "Hecking raus" -reps, the memories of the success-strainer are good. Although the Niedersachsen would be very helpful if Hecking on Saturday the stadium as well as during its last appearance last October as a loser leaves. The ex-coach gets his farewell - a VfL player will be "Saturday" not with a bouquet "dismissed". The contracts of Philipp Wollscheid, Ashkan Dejagah and Borja Mayoral are still running, "but they are not finalized on how to proceed," explains Rebbe.

What is clear, however, is that Wollscheid, who is only borrowed from Stoke City, has no future with the VfL. Also in Mayoral, Real Madrid players, the signs stand for separation. In the past two games the Spaniard was not even in the squad. Dejagah, in the winter of the VfL as a surprise coup celebrated, had so far not even the possibility, in a sample for further employment to recommend. And even in the last two games should not change. "It is very difficult for him," says coach Andries Jonker, "to recommend themselves again and to be in the squad, but he is working very well, I am very satisfied with his contribution." Olaf Rebbe says: "After the season, we have to evaluate together what is best." There is also a tendency for Dejagah to go no further in Wolfsburg."

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/b...bschiedet.html
                I don't get it, are they saying he will stay, or leave?

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                  I don't get it, are they saying he will stay, or leave?
                  I think they are staying he will leave. I think he will prob get picked up by another bundesliga club

Comment

Reality is Bundesliga is too strong for Ashkan these days. He should try somewhere less competitive like Ligue 1.
                    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Wolfsburg has 37 points and in 15 th place

Hamburg has 35 points and in 16 th

Absolute crucial game next week

Next week Wolfsburg play their last match of the season at Hamburg

If Hamburg wins they survive and Wolfsburg is relegated

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                        If Hamburg wins they survive and Wolfsburg is relegated
                        No, the 16th placed team will head into relegation play-offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                          Reality is Bundesliga is too strong for Ashkan these days. He should try somewhere less competitive like Ligue 1.
                          totally disagree, he is still better then most Bundesliga midfielders

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
                            totally disagree, he is still better then most Bundesliga midfielders
                            No he's not

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                              No he's not
                              what do you know about european football, you're an iraqi living in canada
                              stick to camel riding and ice hockey Hussein Gretzky

WARNED for provocative conduct!
                              We dont tolerate these way of talking! Watch it or a ban will follow!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
                                what do you know about european football, you're an iraqi living in canada
                                stick to camel riding and ice hockey Hussein Gretzky
                                *** edited***
                                I know more than you. Dejagah is definitely not better than most BuLi midfielders. I regularly watch European football

Watch your mouth!
                                And if you feel harassed, press the report button!

Comment

Working...
                                X