X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    He was bad against Bosnia.
    The whole team was bad against Bosnia. He can't be singled out.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      He was bad against Bosnia.
      I don't think that's too fair.. The first 2 goals he was basically chanceless. One was placed perfectly and hit the post and went in, the 2nd goal he was put in a really bad 1v1 position thanks to Hosseini's screw up.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
        I don't think that's too fair.. The first 2 goals he was basically chanceless. One was placed perfectly and hit the post and went in, the 2nd goal he was put in a really bad 1v1 position thanks to Hosseini's screw up.
        The first Bosnia goal was his fault. Completely out of position.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
          I feel like if Davari had conceded the same goals, you wouldn't be so forgiving. Haghighi had a couple of good saves in a handful of matches, and people saying Haghighi was light-years better than Davari don't notice that they were both on the same level. Haghighi has reached a low point, just like Davari. That is not to boost or insult either, we just don't have many consistent options at GK, and I feel like it is a popularity contest of who is "good" and who deserves what.

Right now, Davari starting in the 2nd division of Germany is in a much better place than Haghighi, and I feel like you and others' soft spot for Haghighi is showing.

I am sure you would still put Haghighi (whom hasn't played more than 30 competitive games since 2015, as ahead of Davari, but that would demonstrate a lack of objectivity.

Haghighi was good enough on a few occasions, but nothing special. I will admit Davari is the same, and even Beiranvand, Abedzadeh, etc have shown signs of inconsistency.

Right now, Beiranvand is clearly the most consistent, and should be our #1, but if the career of Haghighi has shown anything, a strong world cup showing does not prevent you from playing 30 games in 3 years.

Beiranvand with some good decision-making could have overcame this, but his choice to stay at Persepolis and Iranian players' general poor decision-making makes me think he will have a rough period ahead as well. I hope not, but his choices give me little faith.

Comment

Amir Abedzadeh @ Club Sport Maritimo | 2017

It's really weird watching a game for the sole purpose of watching a keeper. Like I want maritmo to win, but I also want to see them get pegged back so I can see Abedzadeh make some saves.

Comment

not a good goal to concede should have been his

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                not a good goal to concede should have been his
                A good goalie would save that, and that's the thing, Amir is decent, but not good. 6/10 times, he saves that shot, he even got his hands on the ball but wasn't firm enough to redirect the ball. Last season as well, there were times where he would let in goals a good goalie would save, but we they were not easy shots to save. A team like Maritimo or another mid-level team in a mid-level European league is his ceiling.

Comment

He probably should have got that and I think he got his fingers on it. But in his defense his defenders were soorakh. 4 guys ran at that forward and they couldn't even block an angle for Amir to cover the other/s.

Comment

Lol 2 goals in stoppage time- Maritimo wins 2-1
                    twitter.com/ideannakhjavani

Comment

WHAT A COMEBACK!!! Two goals in injury time. Maritmo up 2-1 now.

Comment

maritimooooooooo

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Honestly, i don't find anything special about Amir, he is not an athletic keeper which is a must these days for most of new generation keepers, he is most of the time off in his positioning. I mean, there is reason this guy even at young age wasn't considered as a promising keeper, i appreciate his determination but in level of talent, he is not even top 3-4 in Iran. I rate Beiranvand, Mazaheri, H.Hosseini, Niazmand much higher than him.
                          I guess last name and holding a US passport had a lot to do with his transfer. Remember when he got transferred he was back up in Rah Ahan. Plus i mean, Haghighi was no1 keeper in Portugal top division, so..

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            Honestly, i don't find anything special about Amir, he is not an athletic keeper which is a must these days, for most of new generation keepers, he is most of the time off in his positioning. I mean, there is reason this guy even at young age wasn't considered as a promising keeper, i appreciate his determination but in level of talent, he is not even top 3-4 in Iran. I rate Beiranvand, Mazaheri, H.Hosseini, Niazmand much higher than him.
                            I guess last name and holding a US passport had a lot to do with hsi transfer. Remember when he got transferred he was back up in Rah Ahan.
                            Niazmand is damn good. I have real high hopes for him for the future

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                              Niazmand is damn good. I have real high hopes for him for the future
                              He is a big and athletic keeper, a bit like Courtois, wait year or two, if he doesn't fuck it up his talent, he will give Beiranvand hard time for No1!! Plus he is 23 only!

Comment

I will be in Portugal from tomorrow on for 5 months, I'm trying to plan a trip to Madeira and catch a game of Maritimo around October. Their island seems beautiful. Hopefully I can meet Amir and have a talk with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X