This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real Madrid Fan View Post
    HE kinda reminds me of Haghighi.. lol He was a bench warmer in Russia, went to Portugal and played for half a season and became Team Melli starter in WC. This could happen to Abedzadeh as well.
    Haghighi played tons of matches in PGL, Hazfi and ACL for the biggest team in Iran, at a very young age, before moving to Europe - Abedzadeh doesn't even come close to him. The only reason why CQ invited him is to reward him and see what kind of potential he has. I will change my name to Mayeli Lover for 1 year if he gets any playing time during the World Cup.
    Formerly known as Persianking!
    Follow me @
    instagram/iranscout
    instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Originally posted by Nariman View Post
      Haghighi played tons of matches in PGL, Hazfi and ACL for the biggest team in Iran, at a very young age, before moving to Europe - Abedzadeh doesn't even come close to him. The only reason why CQ invited him is to reward him and see what kind of potential he has. I will change my name to Mayeli Lover for 1 year if he gets any playing time during the World Cup.
      Beat me to it. Haghighi had a lot of playing experience at that point, Amir Abedzadeh has barely played over 30 (?) matches in his whole pro career, and never played more than 10 matches in a season. No comparison.

I would still probably take him to Russia as a reserve keeper though

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
        Beat me to it. Haghighi had a lot of playing experience at that point, Amir Abedzadeh has barely played over 30 (?) matches in his whole pro career, and never played more than 10 matches in a season. No comparison.

Guys, I feel like he might be our starting gk in Russia, we'll have to wait and see. But it's the second time in a row the King has invited him. He likes him for sure. Let's see!

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post

Solid post. The experience Haghighi had in comparison to Abedzadeh at his age is uncomparable. It's nice to keep a tab open on Abedzadeh and hopefully he puts in a good rest of the season, but I honestly don't see him starting for TM as our keeper... at least yet.

However, I like the idea of bringing him along, as it would be a waste to bring a 3rd GK over a younger guy like Abedzadeh.

I obviously want Hosseini as our #1, with Mazaheri as our 2nd and Abedzadeh as our 3rd, but realistically, theres no way CQ leaves Beiranvand out of the WC roster.

Realistic WC GK chart will look like this IMO:

1) Beiranvand
          2) Mazaheri
          3) Abedzadeh/Hosseini

Comment

According to Wikipedia Amir Abedzadeh has 36 career games and Hosseini 51. Too few games, in my opinion, to be entrusted with number 1 position in WC.
            Haghighi prior to WC 2014 had 85 career games and a few NT caps.
            I would only take one between Abedzadeh and Hosseini to Russia given their lack of adequate experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
              Realistic WC GK chart will look like this IMO:

1) Beiranvand
              2) Mazaheri
              3) Abedzadeh/Hosseini
              Yup, pretty much my thoughts. There's gonna be at least 1 solid keeper that's gonna be left out, it's going to be interesting to see who

Comment

My thoughts on Abedzadeh are in line with most of you guys but I don’t think he is quite ready yet and his occasional beiranvand-esque mishandles show that.

He has definitely moved the needle and is worth having a conversation about but he’s not #1 worthy yet. It’s encouraging that he has improved a lot since he left Iran but I’d still rate Hosseini, Mazaheri, and maybe even Beiro ahead of him. There’s a lot that can change between now and AC but for the WC I can’t see him starting nor would I want to.
                Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 03-19-2018, 08:34 PM.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Amir is playing

Maritimo vs feirense 3-1 min 79

Comment

3 games he's started in Primeira Liga - 3 wins.

Amazing

Comment

Highlights - scored on by free kick. He should have dove for it - but they are up 3-0, maybe didn't understand his distance from the post.

Comment

Why isnt this guy getting the hype he deserves? He has been starting for a top division club in Portugal for three games now yet he has so many haters.

You guys are seriously discussing if Haghighi should start in the WC but not Abedzadeh? Haghighi has just joined a bottom team in the Swedish league after a looong time yet he gets the hype...

Im really impressed by Abedzadeh, he has fought his way to the top, hopes that he gets his chance in TM as well. He may not be the best we have, but the guy deserves credit when its due.

Comment

Originally posted by Love TM View Post
                          Why isnt this guy getting the hype he deserves? He has been starting for a top division club in Portugal for three games now yet he has so many haters.

You guys are seriously discussing if Haghighi should start in the WC but not Abedzadeh? Haghighi has just joined a bottom team in the Swedish league after a looong time yet he gets the hype...

Im really impressed by Abedzadeh, he has fought his way to the top, hopes that he gets his chance in TM as well. He may not be the best we have, but the guy deserves credit when its due.
                          It's alright man don't get yourself worked up. Good thing is he's in the national team squad now which means CQ has an eye on him. If he continues to impress then I wouldn't be surprised if he started in the world cup. Reason people aren't hyping him up yet too much is because he still needs more league games to show his consistency and really prove his worth.

Comment

I am impressed that he is starting for a decent portuguese side, no mean feat. He must be a solid GK. But honestly every match I see him make amateurish mistakes. He has nothing that warrants him starting over beira or even hosseini. Maybe he could sneak in third but mazaheri is at a similar level or better tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Love TM View Post

Agreed, I think slowly, but surely, he's getting recognition in Iran and TM. It seems like he's a very naturally gifted GK (must be the genes) and he's great with his feet. He has made some mistakes here and there, but Beiro does that on a nearly every match basis for TM

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                I am impressed that he is starting for a decent portuguese side, no mean feat. He must be a solid GK. But honestly every match I see him make amateurish mistakes. He has nothing that warrants him starting over beira or even hosseini. Maybe he could sneak in third but mazaheri is at a similar level or better tbh
                                amateurish mistakes every game? Seourusly? Just beacuase he wasn’t able to save a good free kick or a penalty in the Portuguese top league? Watch some of beiranvands games and you will understand the meaning of amateurish mistakes

Comment

Working...
                                X