No announcement yet.

Top 10 Players in Asia in 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do people keep suggesting Matty Ryan? He has played less then a handful of games for in the past year, and is currently third choice keeper at Valencia (behind Alves, and Jaume)

A name that hasn't been suggested is Aaron Mooy. He plays in a more competitive league than Tomi Rogic. With 2 goals and 2 assists at as a Centre defensive midfielder, he has helped Huddersfield town to a top 5 place (an overachievement for that club) so far.

Comment

I don't follow all Asian players. But from the ones I know, in order:

Son
      Okazaki
      Azmoun
      Kagawa
      Abdulrahman
      Jahanbakhsh

Comment

Keisuke Honda is currently the biggest player of Asia for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
          Keisuke Honda is currently the biggest player of Asia for me.
          I'm a huge a AC Milan fan and I've got to say, he's been so so so poor for us since he's joined. Isn't even free getting a sniff of game time, even in the coppa italia. Hasn't been all that great for Japan either. He's lost a lot of class since joining Milan. Hope he goes to China in the summer and scores goals because Suso is our best player this season and we're getting Deulofeu to replace Honda.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
            I'm a huge a AC Milan fan and I've got to say, he's been so so so poor for us since he's joined. Isn't even free getting a sniff of game time, even in the coppa italia. Hasn't been all that great for Japan either. He's lost a lot of class since joining Milan. Hope he goes to China in the summer and scores goals because Suso is our best player this season and we're getting Deulofeu to replace Honda.
            well one cant really blame him the whole team has been shit since the year he joined. Were just now getting better

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
              well one cant really blame him the whole team has been shit since the year he joined. Were just now getting better
              Correct. In terms of an Asian best player, he hasn't individually performed enough to warrant a place in the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                Ali Adnan: Serie A
                2015-2016 results: 31 match 1 goals and 3 assists (EL and CL + Qs: 0 matches 0 goals and 0 assists)
                2016-2017 results: 7 match 0 goals and 0 assists (EL and CL + Qs: 0 matches 0 goals and 0 assists)
                7 appearances (most of which were sub) this year, is not worth considering him at all. Milad, who plays the same position has a much stronger case - and also Dhurgham Ismail, who at least plays for his Turkish team (although they are bottom dwellers) and starts over Ali Adnan on Iraq national team.

Comment

I think for the top 5, these players make a very strong case:

- Son
                  - Azmoun
                  - Kagawa
                  - Alireza Jahanbaksh
                  - Tomi Rogic

Comment

You're talking about club performances as well or strictly NT performances? It's a big difference bc guys like Son and Azmoun play much better for thei club than country. If we take them both into consideration is go with (in no particular order):

6-10
                    - Okazaki
                    - Seyyed Jalal
                    - Denisov
                    - Al-Shalwi
                    - Kruse

1-5
                    - Azmoun
                    - JB
                    - Son
                    - Omar Abdul-Rahman
                    - Omar Al-Soma
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Club and NT performance. Onviously club matters more cause they play a lot more with club than country

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia...er_of_the_Year
                        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Not helpful bro - it hasn't been a real award since Ali Karimi won last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                            Not helpful bro - it hasn't been a real award since Ali Karimi won last time.
                            And when he was elected he was playing for an Arab team. AFC is totally ruled by Arabs. Their selections are biased. They select a couple of Korean and Japanese once in a while to cover up for their BS.

Comment

Iran
                              Best defense in Asia ✅
                              Best strikers in Asia ✅
                              Best players in Asia ✅
                              Best team in Asia ✅

Comment

We want to round up the list - anyone else that comes to mind? Should Omar AbdulRahman make the list or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X