This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlxIrn View Post
    I talked to a greek football fan, he told me its Olympiakos' speciality to buy the best players of the league and to don't let them play... I think at the end of the season Ideye (China) and Cardozo (retirement ?) will certainly leave, so he should play more next season.
    With all due respect to your friend that makes no sense. If you buy the best player in the league you will play him, you gain nothing from not playing him.
    We just need to cool down, things are gonna work out fine in the end, just give him time.

Comment

I talked to a greek football fan, he told me its Olympiakos' speciality to buy the best players of the league and to don't let them play... I think at the end of the season Ideye (China) and Cardozo (retirement ?) will certainly leave, so he should play more next season.
      This is somewhat true. Olympiakos overall have a very shady history in terms of buying the league trophy every other year. Not necessarily directly, but indirectly by getting wink wink deals for the cheap + weakening their opposition every year. There's a lot of corruption surrounding their ownership and their ties in to the federation and politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        He should have stayed with Panionios till the end of the season IMO.
        Possibly, but no one said it would be easy.

Props to him regardless.

Comment

If he works hard enough he will get his chance and he seems like a hardworking man. Karim took a leap and with every leap there is a chance to fall. Olympiacos has given him the opportunity to grow his career to a much greater extent. If he stayed with PanirOnions (no disrespect meant...don't remember how to spell it) there didn't seem to be any major room for growth. Considering he has already proven himself in the Greek League I doubt this would turn into a Sajjad case.
          EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

This is EXACTLY what a Greek friend of mine also told me! Then there must be some truth to it. He told me before Karim joined them.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
              With all due respect to your friend that makes no sense. If you buy the best player in the league you will play him, you gain nothing from not playing him.
              We just need to cool down, things are gonna work out fine in the end, just give him time.
              They buy them to eliminate the threat. Why doesn't that make sense?

Comment

They do the same thing Bayern does every season in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                  They buy them to eliminate the threat. Why doesn't that make sense?
                  I didn't say buying the player doesn't make sense, I said purposefully not playing them.

Comment

Ideye Brown is leaving Olympiakos for China. Good news for Karim

Comment

Ideye Brown is leaving Olympiakos for China. Good news for Karim
                      Well right now he can't even beat the other guy.

Comment

GREAT NEWS:

Super Eagles striker Brown Ideye is set to join his compatriot John Mikel Obi in Chinese club Tianjin Teda.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3065043/...a-move-sources
                        http://pulse.ng/sports/football/brow...id6258461.html

Comment

If you want wait until x or y player get transfer in order for our boys to get some playing time then you are wrong my friend. They sure will buy another striker.

Comment

LOL Karim was benched like what.. 2 games, and everyone was already worried!

People need to relax.. There are plenty of stars in other leagues who didn't even make their debut until 4 or 5 games in. Now that Ideye is gone, Karim will most likely be the #1 striker for the Kos of Olympia!

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post

People need to relax.. There are plenty of stars in other leagues who didn't even make their debut until 4 or 5 games in. Now that Ideye is gone, Karim will most likely be the #1 striker for the Kos of Olympia!

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post

Cardozo will be #1 but he is not playing well. Karim will have his chance, Olympiakos fans want to see him play instead of Cardozo.

Comment

Working...
                                X