No announcement yet.

2017 AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much negative talk...! Have some courage and carefully analyze the designated opponents. Make plans to fix weaknesses, get a win, and move on to the next round. This competition should be fun and after all, it is about the SPORTS. I recall 10 years ago Sepahan reached the ACL final with a bunch of no-name players that stuck together as a team.
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

It's not a secret that Esteghlal and Est. Khouzestan's opponents will be tough. They will give them a hard time for sure. However, it doesn't mean that we should write them off 100%. Don't forget that there are two games (home and away). With hard work, determination and some luck our boys can surely go through to the quarter finals. I'm not writing off any of our teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
        So much negative talk...! Have some courage and carefully analyze the designated opponents. Make plans to fix weaknesses, get a win, and move on to the next round. This competition should be fun and after all, it is about the SPORTS. I recall 10 years ago Sepahan reached the ACL final with a bunch of no-name players that stuck together as a team.
        Well said, I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
          This "fun" competition has a prize money to it & will give the winners a place in next edition's FIFA Club WC where they'll have the opportunity to play against the UCL winners. I'm sure many Iranians would love to see that happen (I definitely would), so it is serious.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
            This "fun" competition has a prize money to it & will give the winners a place in next edition's FIFA Club WC where they'll have the opportunity to play against the UCL winners. I'm sure many Iranians would love to see that happen (I definitely would), so it is serious.
            Their chance to play with Juventus!
            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

WTF!
              Perspolis - Lekhwiya to be held without spectators!!
              http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1416301...A7%DA%AF%D8%B1
              Last edited by 04041374; 05-17-2017, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                WTF!
                Perspolis - Lekhwiya to be held without spectators!!
                http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1416301...A7%DA%AF%D8%B1
                can't say this is undeserved tbh... Maybe now Iranian fans will change their behavior and avoid doing retarded things during our club's home games.. And IFF is at fault here for failing to identify and punish the culprits when they do something wrong

Comment

PERSEPOLIS VERSUS LEKHWIYA TO BE PLAYED BEHIND CLOSED DOORS

Kuala Lumpur: The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Disciplinary and Ethics Committee on Wednesday ordered Persepolis FC (IRN) to play their AFC Champions League (ACL) Round of 16 match against Lekhwiya SC without spectators.

This is a result of spectator misconduct at the club’s ACL Group Stage match on May 8 against Al Wahda (UAE). Persepolis supporters lit a flare in the 88th minute of the match, putting safety in the stadium at risk.

After three spectator-related incidents in the 2015 season (see more details here: http://www.the-afc.com/media-release...d-disturbances), Persepolis FC were ordered to play one (1) match without spectators, suspended for a probationary period of two (2) years. As the current breach occurred within the probationary period, the order to play one (1) match with a full stadium closure automatically comes into effect. Persepolis FC were also fined USD10,000.

The disciplinary process was fast-tracked due to Persepolis taking part in the ACL Round of 16 next week. Persepolis FC will face Lekhwiya SC (QAT) on Tuesday May 23 at the Azadi Stadium in Tehran.

http://www.the-afc.com/media-releases/persepolis-versus-lekhwiya-to-be-played-behind-closed-doors

Comment

If they would learn from these bans, then ok...but unfortunately our idiotic fans will never learn, not matter how many bans you give them!
                    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

So while he slept, Delilah wove the seven braids of his hair into the fabric.

Perspolis without fans
                      Samson without Hair

Comment

Just make the tickets more expensive and you'll see less scum.

Comment

Damn hooligans.

Comment

The consequences of letting people in for free!

Also in a country that no one can escape opposing khameneyi and any opposition is discovered on spot and punished; how the filled stadium with soldiers directly watching the crowd, some hooligans can take the lasers or the fire crackers? Also, can someone tell me why this only happens to Iranian teams? I watched Urawa Reds against another team; god they celebrate like crazy but you don't ever see them hitting the referee with a cracker or anything like that. So sorry to see that we have the most loyal fans that could make another record breaking participation and now they gave Saudi-Qatari filled corrupted AFC to celebrate such disaster. Believe me if Uzbek team was involved you won't see such decision. They were waiting for this so they can send another Qatari team through. Sepahan once helped a Qatari team through and despite beating the team because of using a two carded player, Qatari team went through and became champion. I hope the history doesn't repeat itself and this decision make the reds more determined to beat the Lekhwia
                            sigpic
                            SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                            IRAN
                            - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

WTF man !!!???
                              That's a huge blow to Perspolis and now now their chances of advancing is not good at all
                              It happens to Iranian teams because we have a wrong mentality and culture no matter how unhappy the public may be at the current government and it is getting worse every year

Comment

It is really painful to see something happen to Persepolis but we need a firm reaction because some of our fans are stupid. People who bring fire crackers and laser beams should be arrested and spend a month in jail so they understand the consequence of their actions. No matter if it was SS fan or PP fan who brought this, they should face a harsh reaction. AFC is as corrupt as ever we should not give them the excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X