No announcement yet.

2017 AFC CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think neither Esteghlal Khoozestan, nor Esteghlal Tehran have a reasonable chance of beating their strong opponents in 2 legs. Compared to the teams remaining, neither Esteghlali team has the players, nor the depth to play any meaningful role in ACL. Al Ain is just too strong, I think they will even reach the finals. I think both Esteghlals will draw at home and their opponents will steamroll over them in the away match.

I believe our best hope of reaching the next round will be PP vs. Lekhwiya.
    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
      I don't think neither Esteghlal Khoozestan, nor Esteghlal Tehran have a reasonable chance of beating their strong opponents in 2 legs. Compared to the teams remaining, neither Esteghlali team has the players, nor the depth to play any meaningful role in ACL. Al Ain is just too strong, I think they will even reach the finals. I think both Esteghlals will draw at home and their opponents will steamroll over them in the away match.

LOL Al Ain is not all that. Zobahan had over 10 chances on them but couldnt convert. Cant say the same about SS

Comment

Sure they can have a few bad games here and there, but which team hasn't? They are still one of the best sides this time around and I'd be surprised if we would be able to beat them.

Of course I hope I am wrong and we beat them. Believe me, no-one in the world would be happier than me if we do. Let's hope for the best, for all 3 of our teams.
        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by persiangooner View Post
          The South Korean champions of last year (Jeonbuk) were disqualified because of a bribery scandal. So only 3 Korean teams ended up playing, though they definitely have fallen behind the rest of Asia recently.

All the Qatari teams not making it is beyond satisfying hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Jeju United replaced Jeonbuk and they even qualified for the next round.
          And Lekhwiya from Qatar qualified too. Nevertheless it's embarrassing for Qataris playing so poor.

Comment

Perspolis has to pull of some miracle to avoid another humiliation in the knockout stage. Usually I am always optimistic and believe in my team, but let’s be realistic - Perspolis has shown absolutely nothing in ACL and this was predicted long ago, nothing else was expected by Branko. Everyone following the team and having some clue about football knew that this team will fail to impress at international stage.

At the end we only advanced because of Al Wahda giving us 6 points - the worst team I have ever seen in the ACL, and they still managed to score 4 goals on us and gave us some trouble even at home. Against all other teams we failed to get more than 1 point, and that despite Al Hilal being the weakest Al Hilal of the last years and Al Rayyan being shitty too.

Zob Ahan, Esteghlal & Khuzestan would have easily advanced in our Group. Branko saying this is the Group of death was total BS, we actually had a pretty easy one, but yet managed to make it look difficult. Branko is only good enough for the league - hopefully we will at least put up a good fight, we can only hope for some individual class of the players.
            Formerly known as Persianking!
            Follow me @
            instagram/iranscout
            instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

^ for the first time I have to disagree with you Nariman jan.

Comment

As always all three teams will go out this next round. We do this every year. Really the best out of these 3 is PP but they really aren't that great. Brangoh hasn't really coached them as much as he should. Anyhow not being a downer but don't see it happening

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post

I'm hoping for another game like this!

Comment

I am Tigersandys
                    Forza Guo'an
                    加油!国安队!

Comment

Good we are ahead of Australia now

Comment

The Australian league is honestly nothing better than our own IPL, I'd say IPL is much stronger in terms of raw talent.

That said Australian teams have been performing pretty bad in the ACL in general.

Comment

Soroush Rafiei 3rd best player of the week

Comment

Rahmati, Aghil Kaabi and Taremi in the team of the week

Comment

There are reports that Kamyabinia and Ebrahimi are injured and might miss their next games in ACL..

Comment

I think Cheshmi is back on the SS roster, anyone know if that means he can play vs Ain?
                                sigpic ABIETEH

Comment

Working...
                                X