No announcement yet.

2017 Granatkin Memorial ( U<18)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much has been done in fitness department, U17 players were physically weak as before.

Iran U17 is one year younger than all teams in Group D.

All Iranian players DOB 2000 except Asadabadi 2002
    All St. Petersburg Players DOB 1999 except nikita 2000 ( did not play)
    All Moldova & Slovenia players DOB 1999.

Comment

ble
      Chesstable
      Fixtures
      Results
      Cards

Team G W D L F-A PTS
      1. Saint Petersburg 1 1 0 0 2-1 (+1) 3
      2. Moldova 1 0 1 0 0-0 (0) 1
      3. Slovenia 1 0 1 0 0-0 (0) 1
      4. Iran 1 0 0 1 1-2 (-1) 0

Comment

11 january 2017, Wednesday
        16:30
        Iran
        - : -
        Slovenia
        19:00
        Saint Petersburg
        Moldova
        13 january 2017, Friday
        16:30
        Moldova
        Iran
        19:00
        Slovenia
        Saint Petersburg

Comment

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 3.35.46 AM.png

http://www.scoreboard.com/soccer/world/valentin-granat
          __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Iranian team was physically weak and lost to physically stronger team. Interview with Iran U17 Coach Chamanian:

Abas Chamanian, Head coach of team Iran:

– I’d like to thank the organizers for a wonderful well prepared tournament and, of course, let me congratulate team St. Petersburg on a win. This is an organized team, and they played really well today. This was the first match for us on the tournament. We were nervous and we were not ready to cope with such an atmosphere here. I hope that having analyzed our mistakes we shall show better play in the upcoming matches of the group stage.

Your players seemed to get tired by the 60th minute. Was this the case? Could this be caused by adaptation or, for instance, age difference?
            – There’re different reasons. We arrived at Saint Petersburg just yesterday late in the evening. We got to sleep late and it’s clear we had no chance to recover or arrange a quality preparation for the game.

Why did you bring the players who are younger than other participants?
            – Many players will be taking part in the Youth World Cup this year, and we want to give them an opportunity to gain experience.

– Your team is always showing bright play so much liked by the fans. Why are you coming to St. Petersburg so rarely?
            – It just happened that over several years our players were significantly younger than the footballers who take part in this tournament. Another reason is that we didn’t have enough time to prepare for the Youth World Cup.

– Both teams were playing rough today…
            I can speak for my own team. We had no choice. As you noticed, we are younger than our counterparts from St. Petersburg, and our physical conditions are not that great. Some aggression helped us to show decent play. Let me repeat that our main goal is prepare for the World Cup. We have a preparation plan that includes big events like the Cup of Asia and the Granatkin Memorial

Comment

Iran Slovenia, Iran leads 1-0 with Sharifi's goal

Comment

Slovenia equalizes. Shariati kinda at fault leaving his position and missing his tackle, leaving a big gap in defense. He's a talented defender but plays quite risky imo

Comment

72'
                  Iran 1:1 Slovenia

Comment

Iran U17 did not play good and just like first game ran out of steam in 2nd half.
                    Just like first game Goalkeeper Gholamzadeh was Iran best player.
                    U17 is a weak team and as it stand won't go that far in this or WC U18 games.

Comment

– I’d like to start with compliments to the Granatkin Memorial organizing committee for a well-organized tournament. The match was a hard one, as Slovenian team is good from physical and technical points of view. We prepared a plan to fight against our opponent, and we fulfilled it in general. The only mistake led to goal conceding, so compared to our previous game that we played just after the long flight, I have to say that we recovered and felt much better. Taking into account Slovenian power, I conclude that my guys played well.

– Your team looked a bit tired after the first half. Are there any reasons for that?
                      – Our opponent played more offensively in the second half, so it became harder to play. But I also think that we took much ball control during the last fifteen minutes and leveled up the game.

– How will you comment on the situation when one of the team representatives approached one of the officials and touched him?
                      – The only thing that he wanted was to show how one of the Slovenian boys played against our guy. He did not mean anything personal with regard to the referee.

– A couple of your players were born in 2002 and they’re only fourteen years old. Why did you put them in the lineup?
                      – We have eight players born in 2001 or 2002, and as I previously said, our main task is to prepare for the Youth World Cup. We are working on our team work and improving all aspects of the game.

– Is it an unusual experience to play against a team from another part of the world?
                      – We appreciate the very idea of it, as it is vital to have an opportunity to play against European teams for the purposes of the Youth World Cup.

Comment

so if they win the last game do they have a chance to get through? They really should be able to beat moldova, but i appreciate chamanian giving chances to really young kids, brave move.

edit : If they beat moldova, they are through, provided slovenia do not beat (tie or lose ) zenit. Moldova seem weak, they lost 3-0 to zenit, tied slovenia 1-1. I think the boys can do it.

Comment

Iran 2-0 Moldova. As it stands iran with four points going through. Slovenia vs St petersburg just started. If Slovenia fail to win, the kids go through.

Comment

i watched a tad bit of the first game, same ol story superior talent, subpar coaching and preprations..!
                            although they seemed awful undersized, our boys seemed to hold their own talent wise quiet well against St. Pet but seemed unorganized defensively..! with better fitness and organization they coulda easily beat them..!
                            hope they make it outa group
                            they need as many such games as possible to get them in tune for U17WC.

Comment

Iran U17 5:0 Moldova U18
                              Ghaderi , Delfi X 3 ,Hkobeishavi

Delfi has scored total of 4 goals for Iran

– First of all, let me welcome everyone here. I’d like to compliment Moldova, as this is a good team and their players have great technical skills.

As for our performance, this was our third match on the tournament and we managed to adapt here and get used to the atmosphere.

We also had an opportunity to study our opponents, including Moldova.
                              So, it was much easier for us to play today.
                              We had two game plans ready for this match – counter-attacking and also attempting to send the ball behind the back of the defenders.

– You surprised us a little today making your choice of the best player other than the author of a hat-trick. Can you explain why did you do this?
                              – In my opinion, the best player is not always the one who scores, even if he’s an author of a hat-trick. I think that it was Ghobeishavi who made the biggest contribution into our win today.

Delfi scored three goals today. Could you tell more about this player?

– Despite he scored many goals, he was not showing his very best. In previous two matches the picture was the same. It was only in the second half today when he managed to show his full potential.

Against Moldova Ghobeishavi ( SNA) was team Captain, he scored a goal and was MVP

Last edited by St_Mark; 01-13-2017, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Team G W D L F-A PTS
                                1. Saint Petersburg 3 2 0 1 5-4 (+1) 6
                                2. Slovenia 3 1 2 0 4-1 (+3) 5
                                3. Iran 3 1 1 1 7-3 (+4) 4
                                4. Moldova 3 0 1 2 0-8 (-8) 1

Comment

Working...
                                X