Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifier: Iran - South Korea; Info, Updates and Live Reports (11.10.2016)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
    This Korean team is terrible Almost all of our defenders are playing in China now. They are out of shape and couldn't defend a weak Qatar team. We also lack any creative players so it's always the same tactics. You guys will win this guaranteed.
    Don't underestimate this Korean team... Teams usually put up great results when they're least expected to.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
      Not necessarily. We still have problems finishing (not surprising). With your weak defense and our offense, this game has 0-0 written all over it. We're both group leaders at the moment, and both teams might be satisfied with counter attack football (which will most likely result in a 0-0 or 1-0).

But then there's the history and rivalry between Team Melli and the Red Devils. You guys will have extra motivation to beat us after losing three in a row. Korean players dislike Carlos because of the "fist of glory". Our fans still haven't forgotten Choi's choice of words. This is a completely new team South Korea will be facing.

This match is going to be exciting to watch!

Good luck! It's nice to have foreign members in PFDC
      Agreed, I think 0-0 is the most likely outcome after watching today's matches but we will have to wait and see
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

We have to be careful of Son. He has the potential to cause us harm, we need to neutralize him.

Comment

Son picked up a knock today, any update on that?

Comment

Thank you for the thread Kiarash jaan.

I know this is off topic, but for those who think a team must always win its games. Chile the Copa America champions just lost 3-0 to Ecuador in their WCQ road... ⚽️⚽️⚽️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Please add ESPN3 to the broadcast list. Thanks!

Comment

Just quickly went through the highlights of all other Asian teams. Whether we are the best and whether we will qualify - this is something we yet have to prove on the field - BUT what we can say for sure is that Team Melli Iran is the most passionate team with the most passionate fans, and the best looking team too, no homo. I love this team regardless of what happens

btw. now we are the only Asian team to not have conceded a goal yet.
                Formerly known as Persianking!
                Follow me @
                instagram/iranscout
                instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Back to topic, today a Korean player got a red card. Was he a key player by any chance?

On a side note 4 years ago at this time we had a win, a draw and a loss against Lebanon. Ironically our 4th match was also against Korea and in Azadi, I remember the amount of pessimism and rants was soaring around this time, many of us considered us as good as out(I can almost name them all one by one, but won't do that [emoji75] )

Thank God this time around thus far we have a better track record, going into this game with a much needed high spirits and optimism.

Brian it on Korea, don't even dream of retaliation. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!! [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji1130][emoji1130][emoji1130][emoji1130][emoji1130][emoji1130]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

some funny tweets about the Korea and Syria match

Comment

For once I am not that nervous about a Korea-Iran match. Before the qualifying started we said that 20 points in 10 games will 100% get us to WC. We needed those 3 points in Tashkent and we got them. Even if we lose Tuesday we will finish the first 5 matches with 10 points (with all due respect to syria) which means we are right on track. If we manage to win against Korea even better, likely 17/18 points will be even enough to make it through. We would have 13 points from 5 games, and we would only have to get 5 or 6 points to qualify from our last 5 games.

For once during a WC qualifying stage we can breathe a sigh of relief midway through knowing we are in good standing, it looks like (knock on wood) we won't have to go through the same chaos to get to the WC as we did in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                        Back to topic, today a Korean player got a red card. Was he a key player by any chance?
                        According to the Korea NT page he (Hong Jong Ho) has the second most caps out of all the defenders. Their main CB is Kwak Tae Hwi who is 35 and been there forever.

Hong Jong Ho missing means a less experienced defender has to come on. All of the rest of their options to fill his place have less than 10 caps for the NT.

That isnt an indicator obviously of their level but a less unified and cohesive backline is good news for us.

I think whether Son Heung Min's knock benches him is more important. He's Korea's creative outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                          According to the Korea NT page he (Hong Jong Ho) has the second most caps out of all the defenders. Their main CB is Kwak Tae Hwi who is 35 and been there forever.
                          Hong Jong Ho missing means a less experienced defender has to come on. All of the rest of their options to fill his place have less than 10 caps for the NT.
                          That isnt an indicator obviously of their level but a less unified and cohesive backline is good news for us.
                          I think whether Son Heung Min's knock benches him is more important. He's Korea's creative outlet.
                          Another key player is the guy that plays for Swansea in the EPL; forget his name, but his free kicks are dangerously accurate.
                          Zendebahd Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Abedzadeh View Post
                            Another key player is the guy that plays for Swansea in the EPL; forget his name, but his free kicks are dangerously accurate.
                            Ki Seung Yueng

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

Hong Jong-ho was the defender who got the red card. He is supposed to be our most talented defender but his move to China ruined him. He's a red card so no chance he plays.

Comment

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
                                This Korean team is terrible Almost all of our defenders are playing in China now. They are out of shape and couldn't defend a weak Qatar team. We also lack any creative players so it's always the same tactics. You guys will win this guaranteed.
                                No no no. Iran is the under dog. Korea is very strong with many players in Europe. Korea has been in world Cup semra final before also has much better training facilities then we do. Iran will try our best but Korea is highly favoured to win this match.
                                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Working...
                                X