Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifier: Iran - South Korea; Info, Updates and Live Reports (11.10.2016)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup Qualifier: Iran - South Korea; Info, Updates and Live Reports (11.10.2016)

Match Information
    Game: Iran - South Korea
    Venue: Azadi Stadium, Tehran, Iran
    Date: Tuesday 11th October 2016
    Local Time: 18:15 IRDT
    Tournament: FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifying Games
    Stage: Final Round Match day 4, Group A

Match Report
    FIFA
    AFC

Officials
    Referee: Riyuji Sato (Japan)

Latest head-to-head results

Group Standings

Time Zones*
    07:45 Los Angeles - Vancouver
    10:45 New York - Toronto
    15:45 Lissabon - London
    16:45 Amsterdam - Berlin
    18:45 Dubai
    01:45 Sydney (next day)

Broadcasters
    The AFC Hub

*To avoid confusion, you can convert the times by yourself if you doubt the accurateness of this post here:
    World Clock Converter

Now this is a good thread. Thanks Kiarash

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
      Now this is a good thread. Thanks Kiarash
      It's a pleasure my brother. I hope I can contribute in a meaningful way to the community by creating match threads with the relevant info.

Comment

Anyone know where I can watch the game in Holland? I'll be there on vacation?

Comment

Originally posted by AMIRHOUSHANG View Post
          Anyone know where I can watch the game in Holland? I'll be there on vacation?
          AFC Hub on YouTube..

Comment

I Had a little nap this afternoon and had a dream that Kiarash did not make a match thread and we went on to loose the match, I woke up and saw Ehsans match preview thread and had to pinch myself... Thankfully Kiarash is here

Lol
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

How do they not know the ref yet?

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                How do they not know the ref yet?
                I could not find the referee announcement on either AFC or FIFA.

Comment

vayy ageh bebarim che hali mideh!

Comment

South Korea's defense is a mess. I can't believe they let Qatar score 2 goals at HOME.

I mean I'm not boasting about Team Melli's offensive tactics, but damn do I have every right to grill a top Asian side like Korea.

Come on Korea! Chop chop!

Let's keep that goal shut! Let's go, one more lap around Seoul!

Iran = #1 Defense Asia

Comment

Thanks for the thread Kiarash, well done as always!

As someone who has grown up with Koreans in a very highly populated Korean area, I get more pleasure beating them than I do Arabs. This rivalry is a legit rivalry - strictly about football, which is why I love it (unlike when we play Arab teams it gets all about politics and history).

Every match we have had against them is always a thriller, so as always this is a promising game from both fans stand points, we haven't lost to them in so long and we know they are hungry for a win. We need to be strong as a team like we were today and play with s sense of urgency....while we may be ranked #1 in the continent we always have a chip on our shoulder to prove it and a win will reassure everyone why we are #1
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

This Korean team is terrible Almost all of our defenders are playing in China now. They are out of shape and couldn't defend a weak Qatar team. We also lack any creative players so it's always the same tactics. You guys will win this guaranteed.

Comment

I hope to see Ashkan on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
                            This Korean team is terrible Almost all of our defenders are playing in China now. They are out of shape and couldn't defend a weak Qatar team. We also lack any creative players so it's always the same tactics. You guys will win this guaranteed.
                            I agree with you, nevertheless we are both the greatest powers in Asia and this will be a spectacle and clash of the titans. Let's enjoy it.
                            sigpic
                            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by nmssis View Post
                              Not necessarily. We still have problems finishing (not surprising). With your weak defense and our offense, this game has 0-0 written all over it. We're both group leaders at the moment, and both teams might be satisfied with counter attack football (which will most likely result in a 0-0 or 1-0).

But then there's the history and rivalry between Team Melli and the Red Devils. You guys will have extra motivation to beat us after losing three in a row. Korean players dislike Carlos because of the "fist of glory". Our fans still haven't forgotten Choi's choice of words. This is a completely new team South Korea will be facing.

This match is going to be exciting to watch!

Good luck! It's nice to have foreign members in PFDC

Comment

Working...
                              X