Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly guys I have come to the conclusion that the best option For Ashkan would be to stay in the Gulf region. Take less money but just keep busy and train and put all effort for TM.
    I know a lot of you are "khiyalati" and think that he should go back to Europe and compete his balls of and be glorious. Well reality is when you leave Europe at his age its just really hard to get back at that level of competition.
    He should stay busy in a non-competitive league like Kuwait or something and keep his match sharpness level at peak so he is ready for our crucial WC matches in the near future. Realistically he won't have a spot on TM passed AC19 at best! Even then he will probably have just a bench role to give the team some experience but thats it. He doesn't have the ambition of winning european title and he has banked out fro what he is worth. All thats left is to create some history for TM and hang up the boots.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Guys, he's not too old to return to Europe. He's only 30. Nekounam was 34 or something when he returned to Osasuna. And look at Shojaei now in the Greek League

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
        Guys, he's not too old to return to Europe. He's only 30. Nekounam was 34 or something when he returned to Osasuna. And look at Shojaei now in the Greek League
        Not everyone is built the same. Some players can play till their 40 others can't make it passed 32. In Ashkans case. I don't know if he's got it.
        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          i agree and i pretty sure he could hold his own quality-wise playing in BL currently but highly doubt if he has the durability to be a season long, consistent 90min. starter in a BL team ..! he couldnt even manage doing so when he was much younger in similar setting at Fulham..!!

besides he certainly aint all that marketable of player ATM either, considering he has wasted 2 good years in gutter, even there not managing to get consistent 90 minute games and ending up Literally been dumped just recently..!!

he will have to be willing to accept meager salary and agree to become mostly a utility player, for a BL team to take a punt on him ATM..!! Off course once he gets his foot back in the door in BL, then he could proceed to make a case for more playing minutes in training..!!
          agreed with all of this, no shot he can be a 90 min player as you mentioned even at his prime with fulham he couldnt last 90 minutes. I think hes a good super sub option to have when you're iin a close game situation and you need a boost/experienced player to come on and on occasion give you a 50-55 minute game here and there. struggling BL teams could always use a player of his pedigree, experience, and leadership. winning the bundesliga and playing an integral role is that is much to be desired for bottom table teams in need of reinforcement. whether or not it will happen is a different case.....I expect him to find a club in qatar or iran in the next month or so.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            I honestly think Dejagah knows his knees are in very bad shape and doesn't' want to be in too tough an environment. I sympathize with him.
            I think he just wants to maintain them long enough to play one last World Cup for TM and then retire.
            I dont remember any specific problem with his knees. I just know that he is a little injury prone.
            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Dejagah, knee injury? The guy was killing it against SK

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                i agree and i pretty sure he could hold his own quality-wise playing in BL currently but highly doubt if he has the durability to be a season long, consistent 90min. starter in a BL team ..! he couldnt even manage doing so when he was much younger in similar setting at Fulham..!!

besides he certainly aint all that marketable of player ATM either, considering he has wasted 2 good years in gutter, even there not managing to get consistent 90 minute games and ending up Literally been dumped just recently..!!
                he will have to be willing to accept meager salary and agree to become mostly a utility player, for a BL team to take a punt on him ATM..!! Off course once he gets his foot back in the door in BL, then he could proceed to make a case for more playing minutes in training..!!
                Comparing EPL with BL is like comparing Championship with Eridivise. It was the same with Gucci in charlton and he came from the gutter to.

Comment

"Started from the hood in Berlin, now we're here 😎"
                  I can't breathe 😂😂

Comment

Ashkan jan, if you're going to play in Asia come to Persepolis.

Comment

Bad news: According to Ashkan's IG he is back in Doha, hopefully it is just to stay fit before a January move to Europe.

Comment

The guy had the quality to play in bundesliga easily for mid table teams or even EL teams. I believe he will make the right choice, hope he doesn't prove me weong

Comment

Is this guy considering pulling a Younis Mahmoud for the rest of his caree or is he actually going to find a club team soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                            Is this guy considering pulling a Younis Mahmoud for the rest of his caree or is he actually going to find a club team soon?
                            Younis Mahmood played no where except Qatar and frankly wasn't good enough for European league. Dejagah was the best player for an entire season with an English Premier League team. He won the championship with Wolfsburg and was a big contributor - Wolfsburg, btw, have won only the Bundesliga once. Big difference between the two. I know you're not comparing them - just saying .

Frankly, if Dejagah wants to play in Qatar and get 5 Million Euros a year, that's fine - but I think CQ will soon start to replace him in starting lineup and eventually he won't make the bench ala Andranik Teymourian.

Accountability and transparency in Team Melli - love it while it's here. Thank you CQ.
                            Last edited by Tehranto; 11-27-2016, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                              Younis Mahmood played no where except Qatar and frankly wasn't good enough for European league. Dejagah was the best player for an entire season with an English Premier League team. He won the championship with Wolfsburg and was a big contributor - Wolfsburg, btw, have won only the Bundesliga once. Big difference between the two. I know you're not comparing them - just saying .

Frankly, if Dejagah wants to play in Qatar and get 5 Million Euros a year, that's fine - but I think CQ will soon start to replace him in starting lineup and eventually he won't make the bench ala Andranik Teymourian.

Accountability and transparency in Team Melli - love it while it's here. Thank you CQ.
                              I was just kidding around, Younis is not fit to tie Dejagah's laces

It was just a comparison of how Younis played for Iraq's national team without playing in a club, like Dejagah is doing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                                Bad news: According to Ashkan's IG he is back in Doha, hopefully it is just to stay fit before a January move to Europe.
                                Well at least he's considering returning to Europe.

Comment

Working...
                                X