Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, Ostersund seem to go second. They needed that penalty goal from Nouri. Seems that goal difference is not the tiebreaker, but head-to-head results are. Since Ostersunds tied and lost their games with Bilbao, the Spanish move on despite having a lower goal difference. That's pretty annoying.

Saman should leave in the winter break. Being an unseeded team, they will have a tough road from here on out. Don't see them in more than 1 or 2 more European games sadly. I think the Ostersunds management will see that too. They will wait for the draw, but they know that their odds of winning the tournament or making it very deep have now diminished based on todays results.

That's good news for Saman and us. He will probably be in a more competitive league next month.

Comment

boring game overall
      Ostersund is through already and playing like it. Hertha out already and fielded a bunch of youngster seemingly from the reserve squad?? and they are playing their hearts out and milking the occasion for all its worth..! idiot, wanker Ref calling every smallest of contacts and killing the flow of the game..!! Samanam ke wasnt really into the game o shol moshol bazi kard..!
      still Ostersund had a great chance with a gifted PK to get the full 3 points and guarantee finish top of the group but that idiot Nouri rid to oon shneshoon ba oon kiri Penaltiesh...!!

Comment

Wow, stupid Bwra missing penalty... You see kids, this is why you don't do drugs...

Comment

Ostersund drawn with possibly the best Pot 1 team in Arsenal

Good news is Saman is definitely gone in the winter. His value is very high right now, and they only would have kept him with any reasonable chance of progressing deep in Europa League. Now there is no reason for him to stay and face the toughest pot 1 team over 2 legs.

Iranians aren't having the best luck with draws as of late... Nobody play the lottery anytime soon.

Comment

The best thing that could happen to Ghoddos is that he is drawn against Arsenal. Now we can sit back, enjoy and see how he does against world class opponent. Two matches to show himself in front of EPL scouts. It couldn't be any better, but don't underestimate Östersund...English clubs in European competition are very overrated since they don't prioritize CL and EL that much and rather focus on the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
              Ostersund drawn with possibly the best Pot 1 team in Arsenal

Good news is Saman is definitely gone in the winter. His value is very high right now, and they only would have kept him with any reasonable chance of progressing deep in Europa League. Now there is no reason for him to stay and face the toughest pot 1 team over 2 legs.

Iranians aren't having the best luck with draws as of late... Nobody play the lottery anytime soon.
              Best thing is to hope for Ghoddos to have an impressive performance against Arsenal even if they lose, because lots of media coverage will be on that game given Arsenal is a ‘big’ team (not been living up to that name recently lol).
              I think he’ll get a top transfer soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

If Saman and his team advances instead of Arsenal, I think it means we will also beat Spain and advance. Must be destiny.

Comment

Anyone know how easy it'll be to get away tickets for the Emirates leg of the game? I have an Iranian flag ready to be unleashed if I can get my hands on a ticket but I'm not sitting with the Arsenal lot.

Comment

i think saman will stay, he can play arsenal, and thier defense is crap any ways

Comment

To you prefer him to stay and play twice Arsenal or make a move in a top 4 league this winter?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        To you prefer him to stay and play twice Arsenal or make a move in a top 4 league this winter?
                        depends who the team is and how much they are giving right?

Comment

Speaking of Europa League....I am amazingly impressed by Kazakhstan's FC Astana.

15 years ago, Kazakh football clubs used to get humiliated by Perspeolis in AFC Champions league (mostly Irtysh Pavlodar)...and now their team has QUALIFIED from group stages of a European competition.

Very tough draw vs. Sporting Lisbon for them...but no body would enjoy doing to Astana at -20 degrees weather in February...it's a shame they are bad on the road, because Astana's home form in Europe is actually incredible. (Only Villareal has beaten them in Astana stadium in the past 3-4 years).

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                            If Saman and his team advances instead of Arsenal, I think it means we will also beat Spain and advance. Must be destiny.
                            I will be worried for the numbers of shoombools which will be cut on this forum if either of these scenarios realiaze!

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                              Speaking of Europa League....I am amazingly impressed by Kazakhstan's FC Astana.

15 years ago, Kazakh football clubs used to get humiliated by Perspeolis in AFC Champions league (mostly Irtysh Pavlodar)...and now their team has QUALIFIED from group stages of a European competition.

Very tough draw vs. Sporting Lisbon for them...but no body would enjoy doing to Astana at -20 degrees weather in February...it's a shame they are bad on the road, because Astana's home form in Europe is actually incredible. (Only Villareal has beaten them in Astana stadium in the past 3-4 years).
                              I am pretty sure that our clubs would do even better than Astana if given the change to play in the uefa.

Comment

^ Not getting humiliated by Saudis and Emiratis would be a great start, before our clubs take on La Liga/BPL and other top European sides...

One step at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X