Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget that we have nothing to play for, whereas the Koreans must win. I'm content with a draw.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post
      Don't forget that we have nothing to play for, whereas the Koreans must win. I'm content with a draw.
      only if a goalless draw..! & I have feeling they'll be happy with it too ..!
      I want to beat them & make their fans sweat out the qualification process..!

Comment

I love watching this kid's interviews and play. Damn he's got the potential to be a superstar for TM.

My head says he should be on the bench because you can't just drop a player right into a setup, but my heart hopes that CQ gambles and puts him straight in (as a free role attacking midfielder behind Azmoun and the other guy whose name I won't mention)

Whatever happens, i trust the coach.

Comment

https://instagram.com/p/BYV_wQXHIyG/
          It actually happened

Aaaaannnnnnnnd he can speak Farsi

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitt7239 View Post
            It actually happened

Please like and RT!

https://twitter.com/FootballPersian/...06240075513856

Comment

So funny story, I actually found out about Saman Ghoddos on the FIFA 17 Iranian players thread and started using his 69 rated card in my all Iranian squad. (Yes I was even using Safari and Amin Nazari). I climbed through divisions with that team and scored plenty of long range goals and made speedy runs to convert 1on 1s into goal with Saman. All my mates were wondering who this 69 rated Swedish national was, specially the Iranian ones who had never heard of him. I used to tell them, one day, he's going to play for us and he's going to make us really proud! (Ofcourse in the meantime i actually started following his games and I wasn't speculating based on his performance in a video game) And now that day has come and I think I'm happier than I've been on my own graduation day

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                Common guys lets get real here

We are playing Korea in thier home soil , no way we will score 6 goals on them.

Iran will win either 2-1 or a 1-1 tie

I predict that we will get scored on for the first and last time in these WCQ games , on this match but we will not loose.
                Your comments make absolute sense! Korea is hell bent on winning, they have EVERYTHING to lose. we have nothing, so who's more determined? one thing I have to say though, desperate team does desperate things and this might expose their weakness for 'European' TM to exploit! lets see...it will be a very intriguing game nonetheless!

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitt7239 View Post
                  It actually happened

is that a Shirazi accent? Or just farsi with swedish pronounciation?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
                    Pretty sure his family is Ahvazi. Yeah sounds like a European accent though.

Better than Beitashour on Navad 😂😂

Comment

The last part sounded more Afghani to me.
                      But I've seen worse! My own Farsi isn't what it used to be either and I'm sure I also have some kind of an accent.

So I applaude him for trying.
                      Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ocean View Post
                        That's just Farsi with a Swedish accent or something.

Comment

Sounds more like a Chinese speaking Farsi for the first time

Comment

Interview by Svenskafans with Saman Ghoddos:

"Together Ghoddos: "An honor to play for Iran"
                            Östersund FC's Saman Ghoddos looks forward to visiting the Azadi Stadium. Read the interview with Allsvenskan's latest national team player.

After a successful (and still ongoing) season in Allsvenskan, Östersund's FK Saman Ghoddos has been taken to Ireland , the national team will be. During Monday, he went to Seoul in South Korea to meet up with the rest of the squad preparing for the World Cup qualifier match against South Korea on Wednesday. Together, an interview was signed with the signatory just prior to the departure to the airport.

You are from a new win in Allsvenskan, 2-0 away from a difficult Norrköping. In what good form are you really?
                            "It was very nice to win, but for my part I was not completely satisfied. I had no energy after the tough match we had lately with at least two matches a week. But that is a pleasant problem indeed.

The successes of the Europa Leaguehave turned your eyes on Östersund. Prior to the return, you said you win by 2-0. How could you be so sure about it?
                            "To begin with, I have to say that PAOK was a much better team than I thought, I was impressed with them. But you can not just be on schedule, you have to give 100 percent in the matches and be tough and tough. I told myself not to be as nice as in the first match and it turned out to be successful. Of course it's not just my merit without the whole team and coach, we did this together.

Many rumors flourish about your future club now. Can you tell me what it really looks like?
                            "Before we were ready for group play in the Europa League, there were some hot options. But that's something my agents take care of. Now that we are ready for European games, I would like to play with Östersund in the Europa League. I have told my agents that I want to stay in Östersund and play the Europa League, but I can change club if something wow appears.

What is "wow" then?
                            - Well, it's hard to say, it's going to be in Europe and a club that suits me and my game style. We'll just see ...

In just a few years you've gone from games in the lower series to being taken in two national teams. How did it happen?

"I can thank my coaches in Syrianska (2014-2015 season) and now Graham Potter in Östersund for their confidence. They have helped me develop, they believed in me, and betrayed me. Even my agents I want to thank because they found the right clubs for me. It was a rather expensive transition from Syria to Östersund, but the coach told me I would show them worth 20 million pounds. Who knows how it would have been if I had found the right types of coaches who would bet on me when I was even younger but at the moment it has gone very well so I'm happy with my situation.

How has contact with the Iranian national team been? Have you talked to Queiroz personally?
                            "We have been in touch lately. I have not spoken to the phone with the coach Queiroz personally, but we have sent many SMS to each other. The trainer Mikko Kujala visited me and we talked a lot about my thoughts and thoughts and what I wanted. It was unclear if I would get ready for the paperwork on time but Queiroz asked me to come to South Korea anyway to get to know the squad. It feels very positive.

And what do you want then?
                            "To me it is an honor to represent the Iranian national team. It is big. I look forward to going to Iran for example, I have never been there but heard many good things from my Iranian friends in Sweden, not least about culture and so on. And Azadi Stadium, I can not find any words. It's a level higher.

I have looked at some of the online players, that Sardar (Azmoun) seems to be really good. Ashkan Dejagah has welcomed me to the team and goalkeeper Alireza Haghighi (who lives in Sweden as he plays for AFC Eskilstuna) I have already talked on the phone.

But the Swedish national team then?

- Yes, I respect Janne Andersson's decision (not to bring Saman in the squad) and he respects my decision. Now I want to bet on the Iranian national team and hope to help the team as much as I can.

How do you look at the national team competition?
                            "I will do everything I can to help the team, then let's see what's happening. I want to show my gratitude to Queiroz because he has taken me to the squad. It's a tough competition but I'm prepared to give it all, there's no time for rest.

We at Svenskafans.com want to thank Saman Ghoddos for the interview and we wish him all the best in the Iranian national team!"

http://www.svenskafans.com/varlden/s...an-575327.aspx

Comment

Comment

he has been playing too many vital competitive matches in a row for a while now without adequate rest and while nursing a slight injury..! i doubt CQ would start him vs SK, unless he really prove himself tip top ready and full fitness in the pre match trainings..! from the latest interview it seems carlos wanted him in SK to mostly to meet and get aquatinted with the TM squad and to break him in and familiars him to his desired team tactics and better assess him in person ..!
                                he might come off the bench in 2nd half, if game situation requires his presence but it seems he is more likely to get his Debut at Azadi vs syria..!!?
                                ps
                                this dude's comment on his insta cracked me up..! sounds like Ehsan Singapor ...! love that literal farsi to englisi translation..!! lmao, i remember i used to do that a lot too when i first travel outa of iran to west..!!
                                https://www.instagram.com/p/BU5FJJfh...=saman.ghoddos
                                hamedd910@saman.ghoddos Hi, do not be tired. Please contact Mr. Carlos Queiroz on Facebook, and send him a message and kindly ask you to play in the national team. We are very happy to play for the Iranian national team because you are a good striker.

Comment

Working...
                                X