This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss!!!!!

Finally it's happening!!!! Such a fantastic news!

I'm still a little bit worried though. He said there is only one national team that has shown real interest. Then the article goes to say that the invited Swedish players for the game against Bulgaria and Belarus will be announced this Thursday! It means he could very well get invited after such an interview to stop him from joining TM!

I wonder what he's gonna do if he's really invited in Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss!!!!!

Finally it's happening!!!! Such a fantastic news!

I'm still a little bit worried though. He said there is only one national team that has shown real interest. Then the article goes to say that the invited Swedish players for the game against Bulgaria and Belarus will be announced this Thursday! It means he could very well get invited after such an interview to stop him from joining TM!

I wonder what he's gonna do if he's really invited in Thursday.
      Sweden isn't going to call him up. They are desperate to qualify, and they can't treat these two important games as a chance to bring in Ghoddos. If they did, he would know they were just capping him to prevent him from joining Iran.

In Iran he will be a star. In Sweden, he will have a tough time establishing himself among the squad. He already said he knew of Behrang Safari. If he sees that situation and still wants Sweden, I will question his intelligence. I would prefer him on Sweden if he knows all of that and still chooses them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        He automatically has citizenship as both his parents are Iranian.
        He's probably just getting a fresh passport for when he goes to Iran.
        he hasnt been to iran before, which is very weird but either way thats why he needs to get the paper work in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
          Sweden isn't going to call him up. They are desperate to qualify, and they can't treat these two important games as a chance to bring in Ghoddos. If they did, he would know they were just capping him to prevent him from joining Iran.

In Iran he will be a star. In Sweden, he will have a tough time establishing himself among the squad. He already said he knew of Behrang Safari. If he sees that situation and still wants Sweden, I will question his intelligence. I would prefer him on Sweden if he knows all of that and still chooses them.
          Yeah I guess you're right! It would be very unfortunate if we lost him though.

But it's an extremely good sign that he's been to the Iranian embassy. Probably CQ or people in IFF contacted him and told him to get ready.

Comment

Saman Ghoddos @ Östersunds FK | 2016

Guys you can get everything done fast in Iran if you know the right people.

My dad got his passport in like 1 day in Tehran because he convinced the Sarhang that it was urgent [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm sure they'll figure something fast out for a TM player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

IFF knows how to expedite this sort of process. They had to do the same for Zandi, Beitashour and Davari.
              Players like Dejagah already had Iranian passport.

Comment

He doesn't really need Iranian passport for travel to SK game anyhow..!
                Cq said already that legionairs will travel directly to SK

Comment

Can't wait to see him in an Iran shirt. He's going to be so class. I can see him providing a lot of assists for our strikers.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                    He doesn't really need Iranian passport for travel to SK game anyhow..!
                    Cq said already that legionairs will travel directly to SK
                    exactly. He can just travel to SK with his swedish passport. Heck, he can even travel to Iran the same way
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                      exactly. He can just travel to SK with his swedish passport. Heck, he can even travel to Iran the same way
                      No not to Iran, when his father is Iranian. Iran doesn't acknowledge double citizenship, so as his father is Iranian, he will need the Iranian passport.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                        No not to Iran, when his father is Iran. Iran doesn't acknowledge double citizenship, so as his father is Iranian, he will need the Iranian passport.
                        you're right.
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                          Can't wait to see him in an Iran shirt. He's going to be so class. I can see him providing a lot of assists for our strikers.
                          I have watched him play a few times in the Europa League this year and a few of his league games, and I think he will do well at the world cup. Luckily we are already qualified, but I don't think his style will do well on Asian level. He plays best on the counter, which Iran uses heavily. He has similar strengths and flaws to Jahanbakhsh, in that they are both capable when given space on the counter, but I do not know how he will do agains the packed boxes of Asia.

I think he will score against a team like Syria, but in the future, I don't know if he will shine in Asian Cup/WCQ because his style of play is neutralized by Asian play. Honestly, many good players like Jahanbakhsh are ineffective when the opposition puts 10 men in the box. As we saw with Jahanbakhsh's goal against Qatar when he had space to cut in and shoot when Qatar pushed their players up to equalize, he is a class player. Jahanbakhsh just looks ineffective at times for TM because he can't break down the 10 man walls. Sardar and Taremi are more effective in these types of games.

I won't be surprised if our best players in Russia Jahanbakhsh and Ghoddos. Both play technically sound and will cause big teams trouble on the counterattack.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                            I have watched him play a few times in the Europa League this year and a few of his league games, and I think he will do well at the world cup. Luckily we are already qualified, but I don't think his style will do well on Asian level. He plays best on the counter, which Iran uses heavily. He has similar strengths and flaws to Jahanbakhsh, in that they are both capable when given space on the counter, but I do not know how he will do agains the packed boxes of Asia.

I think he will score against a team like Syria, but in the future, I don't know if he will shine in Asian Cup/WCQ because his style of play is neutralized by Asian play. Honestly, many good players like Jahanbakhsh are ineffective when the opposition puts 10 men in the box. As we saw with Jahanbakhsh's goal against Qatar when he had space to cut in and shoot when Qatar pushed their players up to equalize, he is a class player. Jahanbakhsh just looks ineffective at times for TM because he can't break down the 10 man walls. Sardar and Taremi are more effective in these types of games.

I won't be surprised if our best players in Russia Jahanbakhsh and Ghoddos. Both play technically sound and will cause big teams trouble on the counterattack.
                            Remember that Sardar is also fantastic on the counter, just look what he did all of last season for Rostov , especially in Europe. But ghoddos is more of a number 10, offensive mid according to himself, as opposed to wing. Still similar to ARJ, but more of a goalscorer, runs at the heart of defenses. His technique in dribbling and shooting is fantastic, and he is extremely built. Physically he will be very hard to handle for asian defenses especially

Comment

Shojaei out, Ghoddos in...
                              World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                              sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                              If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                Remember that Sardar is also fantastic on the counter, just look what he did all of last season for Rostov , especially in Europe. But ghoddos is more of a number 10, offensive mid according to himself, as opposed to wing. Still similar to ARJ, but more of a goalscorer, runs at the heart of defenses. His technique in dribbling and shooting is fantastic, and he is extremely built. Physically he will be very hard to handle for asian defenses especially
                                I agree on Sardar, wasn't trying to downplay his skill on the counter. Just saying his style of play is more effective against packed Asian defenses. Not saying Ghoddos won't be able to play against the Asian sides, just that based on what I've seen his strengths may not work well against teams with 10 men behind the ball. I hope to be proven wrong, but his technical, pacey style works best in 1 v. 1 situations or when guarded by two players. Having to make it through the 10 men on the way to the goal is difficult for these types of players.

Hopefully his vision is strong, and he can get himself in the right place to score goals. We will see against Syria hopefully. I am just saying for us not to be shocked if he doesn't look the same against a packed box compared to the league games where teams are playing more open football. I know some will rush to judgment saying "Ghoddos was invisible!!!"

Don't want people doing that, because then we might lose him before we have him. Fans voices reach the media, which reaches the management and CQ. I think we sometimes have a hand in players not being called up anymore. I would hate for Ghoddos to not get a real chance if he struggles to adapt. I'm hoping some here will temper their expectations, as it seems that some are expecting way too much from him off the bat. I think he will do well, but it is entirely possible that he can struggle at first. He should be given a chance in Russia friendly 100% though. I think that is where he can shine the most on the road to the world cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X