Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great stuff from ghoddos, his answers were spot on and showed he's humble by acknowledging he wouldn't just waltz in and take on a starting XI spot like some here think. He has said multiple times now that he sees himself as Iranian as well I think everything is really in CQ and IFF's hands at this point......if we don't include him against SK we would be making a giant mistake. I can't help but feel like it's either now or never for this thing to happen given where Iran is and where Sweden is ATM
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Honestly at this point, ghoddos could a more well known player than azmoun by the WC. He could actually transfer to a bigger team unlike azmoun staying at shitty rubin

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
        That would turn into a mess. National teams aren't like club teams
        Well not in that sense. I'm just saying free agent as a word.

An example is Hachim Mastour of AC Milan. Now I know he never made it as a player, but he had his debut for Morocco at the age of 17-18 at a Official FIFA qualifier.

They played him just so he can't play for Italy, which I think is very wrong.

Safari obviously played a lot more for Sweden so he was getting regular call ups. But maybe if a player like Beitashour who played a few games for Iran in qualifiers... Using him as an example... Lets say 4 years passed and he was never called up, he should be allowed to called up for USA, it's not his fault he played for Iran a few times.

I think something has to be addressed by FIFA regarding this, a better solution to what there is right now

Comment

Would be a great pick up for Iran. He's the missing key to Queiroz's puzzle piece and I can see him playing CAM for us.

Career suicide for him though. What if his future club has to play against an Israeli one like Shojaei and Hajsafi? Plus, playing for Iran is less marketable than playing for Sweden. He's also never been to Iran...might be a culture shock when he gets there.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Imagine if his club has to face an Israeli club in this year's EL before getting invited to either NT.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
              Imagine if his club has to face an Israeli club in this year's EL before getting invited to either NT.
              lol half that club is muslim

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                I might sound a bit naive about this but... Why the f*** is this Iranians and Israelis cannot be on the same field even a thing? What are they going to do fight each other every 2 minutes?

I know it's a political problem, but give me a break and act like grown ups Iran and Israel. Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                  It is only Iran which is Kaaseh Daghtar az aash, majorities of Muslims play against Israeli teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                    Right now? Yes. However, when these two hooligans were in their primes, no one could mess with Shoji and Deji!!! Two underrated beasts!

Ghoddos has a chance to become better than these two
                    Dejagah, yes! Shojaei, h*ll no! Maybe you are too young to remember but even at his top form, he was half the player Ghoddos is today! Extremely inconsistent!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                      all of them can play against any Israeli team though, its only Iran that has an issue with this. I mean Islamic Republic of Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                        Sad thing is, Behrang Safari would make Iran's team right now, but he's not even an option for Sweden.
                        We have a better player in his position in Mohammadi!

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                          wait… WHAT?

If theres one thing Ghoddos does is make plays lol
                          In CQ formation, Ghoddos would have to play an Advanced Playmaker. Meaning he has to drop back and help push the ball up. Ghoddos is more of an Attacking midfielder or Shadow striker. He cannot play Center Midfield same problem a lot of our players have in our own league. Players like Jaber Ansari have that issue and Ghoddos falls under that same category.
                          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Will be interesting to see if he gets the call this time or not, his timing was right, few weeks before the final list of last two WCQ matches, he had two strong matches vs Gala. Now everything is up to Queiroz. You don't invite him for the next two qualification matches, there is good chance you lose him later on to Sweden. I guess he needs more media coverage and hope Adel in new 90 program this season try to have more coverage of him like the way he did in case of Gucci and Ashkan.

Comment

When is TM's next camp?

Comment

Originally posted by arkm110 View Post
                                When is TM's next camp?
                                3 weeks or so

Comment

Working...
                                X