This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
    Did you seriously just ask why a European country has more players in Europe...
    LOL Yes, follow the discussion instead of coming up with smart a$$ comments, smart a$$!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      I dont think anybody is actually arguing PGPL is better than allvenskan...I think the argument is more that it isnt that much better. I happen to disagree. Allvanskan is way better than PGPL. But in terms of Ghoddos, he already almost moved to hertha berlin, but decided to stay to end of season. I think he will soon move to a major league (as in this summer-I doubt he will wait another season as he is 23) and when he does sweden will probably be all over him. Thats why we need to move now to get him. He is a very talented player, with very good physical and technical quality that fits into a CQ mold.
      Precisely, and the bold part is more of a indication that Ghoddos is probably better than anyone we have in and outside Iran at the moment! (well...if we have him one day, that is)!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        Fair enough....and true about what you say! But dude, youth development is part of the strength of a league! A league can not be a strong one without proper youth development. That's included! That in itself answers your question when you compare IPL and Allsvenskan. Why do you think IPL teams haven't been able to do $h*t in Asia?!

Not many international scouts watch our league because no one outside Iran believes IPL to be so strong! Our players' recognition has mostly been through international tournaments or TM games when the players' abilities are in fact comparable to strong players playing with proper tactics/game plans!

You say that culturally Sweden is much closer to Europe and it's a closer market. Fair enough and rightly said too. But that also means, the level of football played in Sweden is much closer to European standard! They all go together!
        Not really.. Are you going to say the same about Finland now too? Is their football also closer to European standard than ours?

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
          Not really.. Are you going to say the same about Finland now too? Is their football also closer to European standard than ours?
          Closer to European standard when it comes to plans and proper training? Yes indeed! Stronger than us? No! Because Finland lacks the football culture that both Iran and Sweden have to some extent. But you never know.... you never expected Iceland to come out in Europe and play the way they did! The same goes to Switzerland during the recent years. But if you look at Europe, 99% of the teams would bring up a competitive game, way above our level when and if it really matters! You never expected Bosnia to win 3-1 against us in the WC, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            Closer to European standard when it comes to plans and proper training? Yes indeed! Stronger than us? No! Because Finland lacks the football culture that both Iran and Sweden have to some extent. But you never know.... you never expected Iceland to come out in Europe and play the way they did! The same goes to Switzerland during the recent years. But if you look at Europe, 99% of the teams would bring up a competitive game, way above our level when and if it really matters! You never expected Bosnia to win 3-1 against us in the WC, did you?
            That is not what we're arguing about though.. Very few here would disagree with you on that.

Wonder where you came up with that figure from..

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
              That is not what we're arguing about though.. Very few here would disagree with you on that.

Wonder where you came up with that figure from..
              Sorry dude..... we have progressed a lot with CQ and TM is now very competitive "compared to before" but we are still not at the level of what you hope for. Specially IPL is way below the standard you believe it is (or rather Allsvenskan is above the level you believe it is). Our discussion started with Ghoddos and if he would join TM, I'm sure he would prove that he's actually the best player we'd have at the moment. As a winger or CAM, he would probably score more goals on his chances (percentage-wise) than any of our strikers usually waste. That's why it's so important for CQ to get his a$$ in TM ASAP! But again.... Ghoddos himself should decide where he wants to play, without pressure.

Comment

Other indications that Saman Ghoddos wants to play for Team Melli via Social Media ... from 2 days ago

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                  Other indications that Saman Ghoddos wants to play for Team Melli via Social Media ... from 2 days ago

Confirmed.

Comment

made my day. thanks

Comment

^whats that now..? please explain...

im not into all these social media communications ..

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        ^whats that now..? please explain...

im not into all these social media communications ..
                        He gave a thumbs up and "like" to asking if he wants to play for Team Melli on a popular Instagram page.

Comment

It is obvious his willing and enthusiasm to play for TM is much more than guy like Behrang Safari in past, i am pretty sure if we were in 2012-2013 when we really had no depth Saman was already played few games with TM jersey, hope CQ invites him before it is too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            It is obvious his willing and enthusiasm to play for TM is much more than guy like Behrang Safari in past, i am pretty sure if we were in 2012-2013 when we really had no depth Saman was already played few games with TM jersey, hope CQ invites him before it is too late.
                            If (and this is a big IF) we qualify for the World Cup in June, maybe he will be invited for the August training camp.

Comment

ITT: Saman Ghoddos liked a picture. OMG PROOF HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR TEAM MELLI!!!!1111111
                              Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                              محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                              - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
                                ITT: Saman Ghoddos liked a picture. OMG PROOF HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR TEAM MELLI!!!!1111111
                                It's definitely an indication, especially with the Swedes seeing it which they'll take with a frown I'm sure. It shows he's not as willing to play for them and perhaps they're not gonna call him up anymore if he can't stay focused with them... so it does have an effect

Comment

Working...
                                X