Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked at the players that got called up for their upcoming friendlies and most of them have no caps or just have played a few games. Their regular roster is on vacation I guess. If this transfer to Hertha is legit he probably will get called up again but otherwise I don't think he will become a player getting called up regularly for their team if he stays in Sweden. Most of the national team plays in big leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by ShervinJ View Post
      I looked at the players that got called up for their upcoming friendlies and most of them have no caps or just have played a few games. Their regular roster is on vacation I guess. If this transfer to Hertha is legit he probably will get called up again but otherwise I don't think he will become a player getting called up regularly for their team if he stays in Sweden. Most of the national team plays in big leagues.
      Sweden's national team does not call up its main players in January.

Comment

Is Ghoddos dedicated to TM? If he is, Queiroz should call him up...

Ghoddos could be a big piece to the TM puzzle if hes the right guy

Comment

ajax is chasing him

Comment

Market values of Allsvenskan got updated today. Ghoddos value got doubled (from 400K to 800K).

Comment

Ghoddos might make his debut tomorrow for Sweden against Ivory Coast.
              He will still be eligible to play for Iran since it's a friendly.

4:45 am PT on Bein Sports Connect

http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/23...-cote-divoire/
              https://beinsportsconnect.tv/index.html

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Game is starting, he is on the bench

Comment

Saman is inside. He was substituted after 75 minutes.

Comment

FT Sweden 1-2 Ivory Coast

Saman played the last 15 minutes as LW. Looks like he also played as CM and ST.

Comment

Saman Ghoddos @ Östersunds FK | 2016

We can close this thread now, since he is a Sweden national team player.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        He's still eligible for Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          I was only a friendly. But I still doubt he has any interest to play for Iran since he accepted this invite. Maybe in a few years when he's sure he won't make their national team.

Comment

New interview with Saman after the NT friendly debut: http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/sverig...-a-landslaget/

Swedens national team is on tour in Abu Dhabi and will be facing Ivory Coast and Slovakia during a 9 day training camp. Östersunds FK has for the first time a player in the national team which is a sensation in itself, but the players' journey is even more unlikely - four years ago his career was all but going well.

- There was a period in Trelleborg where nothing went well. I had to have a part-time job on the side. I was selling cell phones at Mobilgiganten. I wasn't really putting too much in to football. If you didn't sell enough phones they would fire your and I got fired pretty quickly since I wasn't really good.

His contract at Trelleborg expired, but he managed to get a trial at Syrianska since they just had sold a player.

- I was lucky to get a trial so I went all in and the next day I received a contract offer from Syrianska. Since then, everything has felt much better.

Where you close to call it quits?
                            - Not necessarily quit, but maybe play in the lower divisions. Before the trial with Syrianska there were talks of a division 2 team (4th tier).

After that, it has been a success story. After 2 seasons at Syrianska, Östersund bought him for their first Allsvenskan season and it led to being picked up by the national team.

- Even though it has went really well, it feels like it's been a while.

There were rumour the big Stockholm clubs (AIK, Djurgården & Hammarby) missed you while you were playing at Syrianska (in Södertälje close to Stockholm)?
                            - I don't think they missed me (they were following him closely). I just think it was a big gamble to buy me at the time. All my life it's been like people don't dare to take a chance on me even if I've put up results.

Why do you think that is?
                            - I have no idea. I really don't know. It's been like that since I was 17 and scored 6-7 goals as a central midfielder in division 1 (3rd tier). I was a free agent and clubs didn't even have to pay educational compensation, but nobody dared to try me out.
                            - I'm looking forward to 2017 a lot. During my first year in Allsvenskan there was a lot of testing and feeling out the environment, but now you know what to expect so I can go harder and reach better results.

How has it been with the national team?
                            - Had it been 2 months ago, everything would have been better in terms of quality such as timing, passing, first touch etc. Right now, off season, it's a bit nonchalant. It's early in the season and everybody's coming off vacation, so everything isn't as good as it can be playing wise for everybody.

Are you working out following the training programme from the coaching staff?
                            - Of course, plus some extra, but some things I couldn't do. I've been on holidays with my family in Malmö so I didn't have a team I could train with during my vacation. I've just been at the gym running a lot.

Weren't you able to arrange a football training session with a team?
                            - Everybody has been off for the holidays and I'm not even sure I'm permitted to train with another team. I did a little futsal with some friends on the low, but nothing else.

With this years success Ghoddos has been linked with teams such as Ajax and Union Berlin and his agents Nenad Lukic and Haris Skenderovic has their hands full.
                            - All I know is that there is rumours and that it's that time of year, but it's a big thing for me to be linked with such teams. It's a dream to play for them some day.

What's your goal?
                            - To continue to perform and hope that something happens during next year. It's got a be the right time and the right club. Timing is key and everything has to be taken in to consideration.

Comment

Another interview with Saman from the NT training camp in Abu Dhabi. This time a video interview: http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/video/...e-sa-ljust-ut/

Comment

Working...
                              X