Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite interesting: Sweden has over 40 legionnaires, who are not part of the squad announced. But for the single fact that he is invited as top 20 best players of the league, he deserves a call to TM at least.

Comment

I told y'all from start that this was gonna happen in January.

As mentioned, this is Swedens annual squad with only Scandinavian based players that that have had a good season and usually U-23. They get called up and tested in this training camp and play a couple of friendlies so they have a chance to perform and break into the squad. He may not necessarily break in to the squad right away this year, but if he performs well his stock will rise substantially and since Swedens new coach does play younger players from the domestic league more, he might have a fair chance in the future. Especially since Sweden is lacking up front with only Emil Forsberg, Sam Larsson & Jimmy Durmaz being able to operate as attacking wingers or playmakers down the channels.

It's funny how a lot of people in this thread used to laugh a couple of months ago about this. Best hope for TM is that he has a average display for the day and that he might give a TM training camp a shot as well.

Comment

Isn't this kind of what people should want? If he wasn't good enough to make their domestic squad why would people want him in TM?

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
          Isn't this kind of what people should want? If he wasn't good enough to make their domestic squad why would people want him in TM?
          What are you talking about? He has already made the senior domestic national team.
          If he performs well, he's on the verge of being selected for the next tournament they qualify to given he continues his current form and run.

He's proven that he deserve to be tested in a TM environment i.e. training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
            What are you talking about? He has already made the senior domestic national team.
            If he performs well, he's on the verge of being selected for the next tournament they qualify to given he continues his current form and run.

He's proven that he deserve to be tested in a TM environment i.e. training camp.
            There are some people who sound upset and you're coming in with the I told you so but if he wasn't called up to this camp would it be a good thing? Why would we want someone that wasn't good enough for Swedens domestic team in TM?

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
              There are some people who sound upset and you're coming in with the I told you so but if he wasn't called up to this camp would it be a good thing? Why would we want someone that wasn't good enough for Swedens domestic team in TM?
              I didn't say it would be a good thing? For me, I'd like to see this guy succeed regardless of where he personally choose to play his football. But if I'd only consider what would be good for TM, it would be good if he didn't have a good camp and maybe would fall of the track for the Swedish NT and therefore maybe a future asset for TM.

As for the "I told you so". I'm pretty much entitled to it, since a long time ago in this thread a lot of people who hadn't even seen a game with this kid was bashing this, that and the third with opinions based on nothing.

Comment

New quotes from Saman from an interview he just did with Pezhman over at SvenskaFans:

Congratulations! Did you know you were being called up?
                - I got a text from my manager (Graham Potter) that said I might be called up for the January tour. So I followed the presentation live and saw it then.
                Right now I'm in Malmö (his hometown) and resting, but during January I will show them what type of player I am. I'm a sprinter, so pretty similiar to Emil Forsberg (in the real NT squad). It's gonna be really fun to start train again!

(He also says that he's impressed with the "new national team" under new coach Janne Andersson, where there are a lot of young and talented players)

What's your goals for the next season?
                - My goal last year was to score 10 goals in Allsvenskan 2016, and I did just that. A lot went well. The team played well, and me too. Everything just clicked and you learn and evolve during the season so the key is to gather all of the information you're exposed to during the season. My goal next season is that we as a team and me personally continue to perform at a high level. At least to the summer window, and then we'll see what happens. If I keep a good level of play next season I might end up further south in Europe, but as of now I'm under contract with Östersund.

You also have roots in Iran where your parents are from. What do you know about the IFF's interest in you?

- I know nothing regarding if the IFF follows me. I don't keep track of them either. With that being said, I don't rule anything out as of know. We'll see what happens.

--------------

So the key quote is obviously the last one since there are quotes of him earlier stating something else. So someone is lying/misquoting here OR he's just being media trained since he might not know anything regarding the 'IFF'. For instance his representatives might've been in contact with the coaching staff in TM or whatever, but not the IFF for example. Nobody knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
                  New quotes from Saman from an interview he just did with Pezhman over at SvenskaFans:

Congratulations! Did you know you were being called up?
                  - I got a text from my manager (Graham Potter) that said I might be called up for the January tour. So I followed the presentation live and saw it then.
                  Right now I'm in Malmö (his hometown) and resting, but during January I will show them what type of player I am. I'm a sprinter, so pretty similiar to Emil Forsberg (in the real NT squad). It's gonna be really fun to start train again!

(He also says that he's impressed with the "new national team" under new coach Janne Andersson, where there are a lot of young and talented players)

What's your goals for the next season?
                  - My goal last year was to score 10 goals in Allsvenskan 2016, and I did just that. A lot went well. The team played well, and me too. Everything just clicked and you learn and evolve during the season so the key is to gather all of the information you're exposed to during the season. My goal next season is that we as a team and me personally continue to perform at a high level. At least to the summer window, and then we'll see what happens. If I keep a good level of play next season I might end up further south in Europe, but as of now I'm under contract with Östersund.

You also have roots in Iran where your parents are from. What do you know about the IFF's interest in you?

- I know nothing regarding if the IFF follows me. I don't keep track of them either. With that being said, I don't rule anything out as of know. We'll see what happens.

--------------

So the key quote is obviously the last one since there are quotes of him earlier stating something else. So someone is lying/misquoting here OR he's just being media trained since he might not know anything regarding the 'IFF'. For instance his representatives might've been in contact with the coaching staff in TM or whatever, but not the IFF for example. Nobody knows.
                  Is it just a rough translation, or does he sound really rude in regards to IFF? Maybe his tone was different in person, but his "I don't keep track of them" kind of turns me off to the guy.

Sweden is nothing without Ibra, so let him go there. We honestly don't need the guy. He will be the next Behrang Safari anyway, no big loss. If he cared for TM deeply, I would want him to get an opportunity.

If he doesn't follow IFF, seems like a cover for "I don't follow TM, and if Sweden falls through, then I will grace TM with my presence."

I could be reading it wrong, but that's how it comes off to me. We don't need you Saman, sorry. Enough talent who will play with gheyrat for Iran. We don't need a guy like this. He could be a little warmer to Iran, talk about his roots, and that he thinks TM is a really strong team, and has always thought about playing for TM, but wants to pursue Sweden first.

I don't keep track of them? Dude, we honestly don't want you. If my reading of his attitude is correct, I hope he isn't called up to TM. Even if he does turn into something, he wouldn't play with his heart for TM. It would be a fallback. It's sad that he has such an attitude, but whatever, we have players in Iran who would do anything to wear the TM shirt. We are dominating Asia with those guys. Don't need this guy who will most likely wash out in a year. Good luck to him on Sweden's NT, but keep him and that attitude away from TM.

Maybe if he starts following TM, and actually caring, I may change my tune. As of now, PASS. Congrats on doing well in a garbage league like Sweden that has 1 decent team that Perspolis would likely beat.

Comment

I'd still like to see him play for us, a player can have all the gheyrat in the world but still bring less than someone who doesn't have much gheyrat.

If he is willing to wear a TM shirt that's enough for me, hope he doesn't get cap tied with Sweden and joins us instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                      Is it just a rough translation, or does he sound really rude in regards to IFF? Maybe his tone was different in person, but his "I don't keep track of them" kind of turns me off to the guy.

Sweden is nothing without Ibra, so let him go there. We honestly don't need the guy. He will be the next Behrang Safari anyway, no big loss. If he cared for TM deeply, I would want him to get an opportunity.

If he doesn't follow IFF, seems like a cover for "I don't follow TM, and if Sweden falls through, then I will grace TM with my presence."

I could be reading it wrong, but that's how it comes off to me. We don't need you Saman, sorry. Enough talent who will play with gheyrat for Iran. We don't need a guy like this. He could be a little warmer to Iran, talk about his roots, and that he thinks TM is a really strong team, and has always thought about playing for TM, but wants to pursue Sweden first.

I don't keep track of them? Dude, we honestly don't want you. If my reading of his attitude is correct, I hope he isn't called up to TM. Even if he does turn into something, he wouldn't play with his heart for TM. It would be a fallback. It's sad that he has such an attitude, but whatever, we have players in Iran who would do anything to wear the TM shirt. We are dominating Asia with those guys. Don't need this guy who will most likely wash out in a year. Good luck to him on Sweden's NT, but keep him and that attitude away from TM.

Maybe if he starts following TM, and actually caring, I may change my tune. As of now, PASS. Congrats on doing well in a garbage league like Sweden that has 1 decent team that Perspolis would likely beat.
                      I hear you, but relax. As mentioned, the interview is from SvenskaFans which is a fansite so the interviewer is not trained journalist so there might be some stuff lost in translation perhaps. Also, earlier he has confirmed contact, so we can't tell which source is correct or if he's playing with semantics. Third thing is the fact that he was just selected to a NT where he has a chance to get a spot, why would he possibly ruin his chances by declaring interest for another NT so to speak? I get if he's trying to play his odds right now even if it makes us emotional fans weary of his actions.

In short, relax and let it play out. We'll see what happens. Either way, I'm rooting for an Iranian in European football regardless if he plays for Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands etc. or Iran. Even if he doesn't ever become good enough for NT I'd root for a fellow countryman succeeding in the game of life.

Comment

Man I don't understand why all the hate is going towards the guy. So what if he chooses Sweden? Doesn't automatically mean that he's a bad player. All the best for him, if he's good for Team Melli, hopefully he'll join us. If not, good luck to the guy.
                        Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                        محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                        - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post
                          Man I don't understand why all the hate is going towards the guy. So what if he chooses Sweden? Doesn't automatically mean that he's a bad player. All the best for him, if he's good for Team Melli, hopefully he'll join us. If not, good luck to the guy.
                          I don't know if you guys read my post fully. I stated that IF his tone about TM is that dismissive, then I think we should ignore him. I don't hate him at all, but if he can't even say anything nice about his Iranian heritage, that says something. He can pay respect to his home without screwing up a chance at Swedish NT. Beitashour was actually a perfect example of a guy who had a positive tone about TM even when he was pursuing US NT.

If I am misreading it, or there's a loss in translation, then who am I to judge. Just based on the answer provided though, I would not care to see him in TM. If Messi or Ronaldo quality player was dismissive of Iran, I would understand and still entirely want them to play. If a guy in Swedish league with 1 good season after playing all of his career in lower divisions wants to be dismissive of TM, then he needs to check his ego. He's not any big deal yet. Of course, all of this is under the assumption that his words are correct. Maybe he's just not a good speaker, or doesn't know how to be diplomatic in his words like Beitashour was.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post

Had to log in to say dude you are right, all this hate towards behrang safari is ridicolous as well. he fucking was a great play for Basel. Played in a couple of Champion Leagues. 31 caps for Sweden. Man he is the best left back we could have wished for during that time that we didnt even have a single good one

Comment

Good luck to him, either with Iran or Sweden but i highly doubt he becomes regular with Sweden, he may get the call here but generally there is always some traffic of players in some positions such as Midfielders or Forwards, in case of Safari he was playing as LB which the traffic is not as bad as CM or Forward. So it is easier to establish in these kind of positions if you are a decent player.

Comment

http://www.bz-berlin.de/berlin-sport...ivstar-ghoddos

Hertha Berlin interested in Ghoddos. This is another proof of how important it is for our players to take offers from smaller european clubs and leagues. There is no way you score 10 goals give 7 assissts in IPL and get interest from a Bundesliga side that is fighting for the championsleague spots without even being a national team player.
                                Sweden, Greece, Turkey, Norway, Austria, Switzerland, whatever...These are all good leagues to start in for our players. They can always go back to Iran.

Comment

Working...
                                X