This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
    Both, he also said both will be playing for Iraq at the upcoming World Cup.
    What an idiot.
    Who was the commentator?

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
      Both, he also said both will be playing for Iraq at the upcoming World Cup.
      He is such a fool - I heard it too.

1) Calling Saman an Iraqi
      2) Thinking Iraq made the World Cup

Comment

saman shined today, he will shine in london, his value will go up alot

Comment

BBC Sports:

"The Swedish club's English manager Graham Potter, who has led them to three promotions since 2010, could at least reflect on a bright performance from striker Saman Ghoddos.
          The Iran international forced Arsenal goalkeeper David Ospina into a couple of saves and led the line with pace and determination."

Guardian Sports:

"It was as if suddenly the krona dropped – there were chances to be had if they could pressure Arsenal’s backline. From their next attack Saman Ghoddos lashed in a fine shot from the edge of the area which David Ospina had to be alert to tip over the crossbar. Ghoddos was the Östersund dangerman. Just before half-time he snatched possession as Arsenal dallied and drove in another shot, this time just wide."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43050414

https://www.theguardian.com/football...g-match-report

Comment

Ghodos has a good game. But the whole ostersund team was a class lower than Arsenal as expected.

I did hear the commentator talk about Iraqi international but I think he was referring to Nouri

Comment

Ostersunds played so scared. Ghoddos needs to leave this shitty team in the summer because he is multiple classes above. Everybody is raving about him. Keown called him outstanding.

Front three for WC confirmed :

Jahanbakhsh ----------Azmoun -----------------Ghoddos

Bench : Taremi, Ansarifard, Rezaei, Alipour

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                Ghodos has a good game. But the whole ostersund team was a class lower than Arsenal as expected.
                I did hear the commentator talk about Iraqi international but I think he was referring to Nouri
                He said it about Ghodos as well. He mentioned them being clubmates and international teammates.

Comment

Had Ostersund opted for a more confident, daring & balanced approach, they coulda gotten at least a point from today’s match..! I didn’t really notice a big class difference between the sides for majority of the game, except for the keeper & & slightly on the defensive ends..!
                  Oster begin the match awful nervous & they opted to put too many bodies (almost everyone)behind the ball & tanked back so deep into their half of the pitch that even when they would win short possession they couldn’t even hoof the ball past half line ..!
                  & their keeper continued his off-season shaky form today giving up couple real cheap & tokhmy goals early in first half. For the remainder of the match oster came outa their shell & for most part held their own & had good chances to nick a goal with Samaan looking sharp & poised to find the back of the net. Nouri who sucked ass in the first half got benched & Samman wore the captain armband for 2nd half & overall played very well. had a fantastic shot that Arsenal keeper did very well to tip over the bar & was hacked a couple of times inside the penalty box, one very blatantly ,,But ref ignored & waved play-on..! In dying minutes he faked a shot & instead slipped in a clever through ball to the attacker who got fouled in the box & earned a pk..! He shoulda been the one to take the Pk but instead their blonde defender rid toosh royally by telegraphing a weak ass shot somewhat directly into the arms of the keeper. Shame, cause a goal there coulda given them a small outside chance going into Emirates ..!
                  I’m fairly certain they’ll fair better in the return match...!

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfO08whgYBn/?tagged=ghoddos
                    his best moments from match. Ostersunds were right not to cash in on him, his value will go up after tonight and next weeks game in london, and a WC. This game gave him so much exposure. I think they can sell him for closer to 10 million than 5.

Comment

Saman couldn't get a touch to the ball for the first 25 minutes of the game. Zero touches. Ostersund was start struck for the first 25-30 minutes of the game; they played like a high school team, BUT. after that they started taking control and actually had some fine moments as a team. They had Arsenal on the ropes for long periods. Saman slipped couple of times on turf and IMHO had an OK game, but a nice fine shot in the 1st half. Also, the darn ref, didn't award two clear cut penalties on Saman to Ostersund. I think they'll play with more confidence on the return game at Emirates, we'll see.
                      "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
                        Saman couldn't get a touch to the ball for the first 25 minutes of the game. Zero touches. Ostersund was start struck for the first 25-30 minutes of the game; they played like a high school team, BUT. after that they started taking control and actually had some fine moments as a team. They had Arsenal on the ropes for long periods. Saman slipped couple of times on turf and IMHO had an OK game, but a nice fine shot in the 1st half. Also, the darn ref, didn't award two clear cut penalties on Saman to Ostersund. I think they'll play with more confidence on the return game at Emirates, we'll see.
                        celta vigo is a great team and he would really fit in to spanish football with his quick style, very good in possession ( he linked up play beautifully), and quick dribbling. But I can really see good bundesliga teams like Leverkusen, Dortmund, Schalke coming in for him if he shows up at the Emirates, and has a good WC. His physicality was devastating at times, arsenal players were just bouncing off him. He is very stocky and not reeghoo at all.

Comment

Saman Ghoddos @ Östersunds FK | 2016 - 2017

I saw the game on fox sports as a replay.

Ostersunds only became themselves in the second half, and honestly, I can say that for the majority of the second half they were the better team, but they gave away very cheap goals and their keeper and defense were not nearly as good as their midfield and attack today.

The fox guys clearly said ghoddos plays for Iran.

They were mentioning his quality the whole time.

Ghoddos was the standout player and showed that he can play his game against a team the level of arsenal with no problem.

He was class today and unlucky to not score/ get another penalty call as well.

Interesting thing I noticed is that ostersunds in the second half presses and plays in a similar way to our own TM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Fuck Östersunds for not letting him take pen, he got y’all here and wouldn’t be here without him. Wish he had left in transfer window for Celia eventually being a starter

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
                              He said it about Ghodos as well. He mentioned them being clubmates and international teammates.
                              LOL, after all these years, they still can't tell the difference between Iran and Iraq smh

Comment

Saman Ghoddos @ Östersunds FK | 2016 - 2017

Watched the game, despite not getting much of the ball at all, every time he had it he was dangerous and a class apart from his teammates. IMO he can make it in any top league.

Wouldn’t mind trying him out in a striker role like he was playing vs Arsenal (basically was a roaming striker? Dropped down, went on the wings often too) in TM. Seems like that’s where he is the most effective?

However strikers and wingers in CQ’s system are quite limited which is why like JB he doesn’t have much freedom when with TM. These two are most effective when given a “free role”, and I suspect that under a more attacking manager in TM they will be the ones that will benefit the most first

Comment

Working...
                                X