This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    I don't think he would been a main fixture. But he would have gotten at least a cap or two.
    Exactly, while with Iran he was key player, but i admit even one or two caps with German could have a better effect in his club career.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
      Kiarash dude why are you always ready to pull the trigger for crying out loud he never said never. He wasn't even negative about it.
      I remember when Beitashour stated he would be happy to play for either US or Iran there were some ppl who lost it (kiarash was not one of them so this comment has nothing to do with him) because he wasn't willing to die for Iran and showed the US some love in his comments. Having equal love for two countries is hard for some ppl to grasp.....choosing a country to represent is a really difficult decision for some ppl. However, I must say for Samman it should be a no brainer. Even if he gets called up to Sweden a few times here and there I doubt he can establish himself as a regular with all the talented strikers they got. With Iran, we got talented strikers better than him too but he would at least be in the conversation for camps, friendlies, etc. IMO he would be making a big mistake to go with Sweden. He's around 20 if I'm not mistaken and has shown his potential pretty well....if he can take it a step higher and go to a league like the Belgian or Eredivise and continue to perform I have no doubt he will be called up.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

To be honest I completely agree with Kiarash. I would much rather have someone play for TM who 100% wants to do it rather than someone who is ify about it. Also I actually do not see what all the hype is about this guy, he is doing well but its in the swedish league which doesn't necessarily prove that much. Who is he going to replace in TM?

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
          To be honest I completely agree with Kiarash. I would much rather have someone play for TM who 100% wants to do it rather than someone who is ify about it. Also I actually do not see what all the hype is about this guy, he is doing well but its in the swedish league which doesn't necessarily prove that much. Who is he going to replace in TM?
          Play in LM, he'd be great there. Also as a SS if need be.

Comment

We could actually use his call-up for depth because of all of these suspensions to Sardar, Hajsafi, Amiri, etc. He wouldn't need to play, but if he were to be on TM radar, it might not be a bad time.

He's honestly dumb if he chooses Sweden over Iran. Without Ibra, they have no chance of making the World Cup anytime soon, and Behrang Safari's choice should be a lesson to him. Safari would have been an all-time hero if he had chosen Iran to be quite honest. People treat guys like Zandi, Gucci, and Dejagah with so much reverence in Iran. Despite us sometimes being negative, we always appreciate the sacrifices these players make in the long-run. Sweden just dropped this guy like a sack of potatoes.

Ghoddos should take a lesson from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
              We could actually use his call-up for depth because of all of these suspensions to Sardar, Hajsafi, Amiri, etc. He wouldn't need to play, but if he were to be on TM radar, it might not be a bad time.

He's honestly dumb if he chooses Sweden over Iran. Without Ibra, they have no chance of making the World Cup anytime soon, and Behrang Safari's choice should be a lesson to him. Safari would have been an all-time hero if he had chosen Iran to be quite honest. People treat guys like Zandi, Gucci, and Dejagah with so much reverence in Iran. Despite us sometimes being negative, we always appreciate the sacrifices these players make in the long-run. Sweden just dropped this guy like a sack of potatoes.

Ghoddos should take a lesson from that.
              To be fair, that's a lot on old coach Erik Hamrén. He was worthless with Swedens NT and dropped players for one bad game regardless of heritage. A worse example is Oscar Wendt (also LB) who plays regularily for B. Mönchengladbach, but had one bad game against Hungary and was dropped forever despite being one of the most consistent Swedish performers in Europe.

The whole back line was switched all of the time without any care, just trying to find the right combo rather than utilizing the best players with their respective strength within a defensive system. There was none of that. Even Pontus Jansson (CB, out on loan from Torino) heavily criticized Hamrén for not having any tactical scheme in defense. During his tenure Sweden played with Granqvist, Antonsson, Johansson, Lindelöf, Jansson as CB in qualifications (with Helander, Milosevic, J. Olsson etc. used time to time as well) and that's just as CB's. In LB he played M. Olsson, Augustinsson, Wendt, Safari for example. So there was no tactic or structure and a day-to-day approach on form which made every player scared to be dropped over one bad performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
                To be fair, that's a lot on old coach Erik Hamrén. He was worthless with Swedens NT and dropped players for one bad game regardless of heritage. A worse example is Oscar Wendt (also LB) who plays regularily for B. Mönchengladbach, but had one bad game against Hungary and was dropped forever despite being one of the most consistent Swedish performers in Europe.

The whole back line was switched all of the time without any care, just trying to find the right combo rather than utilizing the best players with their respective strength within a defensive system. There was none of that. Even Pontus Jansson (CB, out on loan from Torino) heavily criticized Hamrén for not having any tactical scheme in defense. During his tenure Sweden played with Granqvist, Antonsson, Johansson, Lindelöf, Jansson as CB in qualifications (with Helander, Milosevic, J. Olsson etc. used time to time as well) and that's just as CB's. In LB he played M. Olsson, Augustinsson, Wendt, Safari for example. So there was no tactic or structure and a day-to-day approach on form which made every player scared to be dropped over one bad performance.
                Interesting, does the team have a more solid lineup these days, or is it still a revolving door? One thing that I feel CQ does right is that he uses the same handful of 15-16 players in every match. This makes the team's chemistry much better.

Comment

Sweden is Saman's place of birth. I could 100% see why he would choose that over Iran and for good reason. For many of these players Iran might be their cultural roots and traditions they practice, but once you live in a place for a long period of time you form attachment to it and call it home. This is a tug of war between home vs. culture and many times home wins.
                  EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                    Interesting, does the team have a more solid lineup these days, or is it still a revolving door? One thing that I feel CQ does right is that he uses the same handful of 15-16 players in every match. This makes the team's chemistry much better.
                    Swedish FA didn't extend Hamrén contract after the Euro (naturally), so with him gone and Ibrahimovic, Isaksson, Källström etc. retired; Sweden's in rebuild mode. They gave the job to a coach that has had great success domestically with youngsters and he has a lot more knowledge about Allsvenskan, which lead me from the beginning to call out that we should be aware that he might get a training camp call up for Swedens annual domestic camp in January.

To answer you question of today's squad; things are starting to shape up. Granqvist (Krasnodar) and Lindelöf (Benfica) are definitely cemented as CB's. Lustig (Celtic) and Krafth (Bologna) at RB and M. Olsson (Norwich), Wendt (B. Mönchengladbach) and Augustinsson (FC Copenhagen) battling for the full back positions. Ekdal (Hamburg) is also cemented as the playmaker CM and they're currently figuring out his partner depending on what balance they want. Wings are occupied by Forsberg (Red Bull Leipzig) and Durmaz (Toulouse), but it wouldn't surprise me if Sam Larsson sooner or later takes Durmaz' starting spot. Upfront it's Berg (Panathinaikos) and Guidetti (Celta Vigo) now that Ibra's retired. Saman could come to take a spot further down the line (if he continues to progress beyond Allsvenskan) as a backup on the wings to start with within the current 4-4-2 set up. 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 suits him more though.

All in all, no superstar names but a capable team that will share the responsibilities within the group rather than putting all the burden on Ibra to bail them out.

Comment

Saman scored a last minute goal today. Ostersunds lost 4-2 though

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                        Saman scored a last minute goal today. Ostersunds lost 4-2 though
                        Yeah, it was -7 degrees celsius and snowing btw. Gefle doing their best to beat relegation while Östersund had nothing to play for.

Gefle went down despite the win. Östersund finished mid table at 8th (out of 16 teams), very good season for a team playing their first ever season in the top flight. Saman finishes at 10 goals and 4 assists from his winger position this season.

Comment

according to a friend of my who owns a Persian restaurant in Stockholm, he had Stefan Schwartz as a customer and he said that CQ have visited Sweden three times the last 3 months to meet William atashkade and Saman ghoddos. Schwartz who lives in Portugal and admired cq as coach and he thinks that he is a first class coach. one of his closest friends in Portugal is also Tony Oliveira

از تلفون أيفون فرستادم
                          TEAM MELLI IRAN - PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by shahramii View Post
                            according to a friend of my who owns a Persian restaurant in Stockholm, he had Stefan Schwartz as a customer and he said that CQ have visited Sweden three times the last 3 months to meet William atashkade and Saman ghoddos. Schwartz who lives in Portugal and admired cq as coach and he thinks that he is a first class coach. one of his closest friends in Portugal is also Tony Oliveira

از تلفون أيفون فرستادم
                            saman said he hasn't spoken to anyone just a few days ago in the interview with fk

Comment

Originally posted by shahramii View Post
                              از تلفون أيفون فرستادم
                              Saman said that the only contact with iran has been emails which he doesnt even know if theyre real. Queiroz has also been busy with wcq's the last 3 months so how could he have been to sweden 3 times in that time frame. The nosy Iranian media would have also picked up on it so most likely false news.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                                Saman said that the only contact with iran has been emails which he doesnt even know if theyre real. Queiroz has also been busy with wcq's the last 3 months so how could he have been to sweden 3 times in that time frame. The nosy Iranian media would have also picked up on it so most likely false news.
                                yes he's not even been to portugal last 3 months. it was 3-4 years ago he came to sweden to meet william and the nazaris

Comment

Working...
                                X