This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
    The way he's playing, he won't be playing in Sweden much longer. If he really was MOTM, I think Hertha will be interested again. He even said in Navad interview, if it was up to him, he would have transferred out of Ostersunds to another league - but that because of Europa League, he stayed.
    Yeah, he will probably transfer to another European league, but what I mean is that he will remain Swedish, his friends will be in Sweden and many are probably Swedish, his family is living in Sweden and even if he transfers to another league for a while, one day he will probably get back and live in Sweden again. So even if he himself will not physically be in Sweden all the time, he still has a lot of affiliation with Sweden and its people.
    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
      Yeah, he will probably transfer to another European league, but what I mean is that he will remain Swedish, his friends will be in Sweden and many are probably Swedish, his family is living in Sweden and even if he transfers to another league for a while, one day he will probably get back and live in Sweden again. So even if he himself will not physically be in Sweden all the time, he still has a lot of affiliation with Sweden and its people.
      That's fine. Believe me, if Saman was not making the 23 man team of his coach, than the coach believes he has better players. Others here say they don't and don't understand why since January (and even before) Saman was not called - some cite race etc.

But he gets called to Iran and the Swedish coach finally invites him back after a near 10 month wait? Many should look to the coach for dropping the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        *You are not being cheered with a song by thousands of people after each game you win.

* You don't have over 10k followers in social media.

* You are not a source of news in different national newspapers from time to time.

* You don't give interviews and if you do, no offence but no one would care.

* You are not hated for choosing the "wrong" national team by millions.

*You are not loved for choosing the "right" national team by millions.

The list goes on.....

As Iran_19 very well said, it's easy to sit at home and say I would do this or I would do that. You'll never know unless you are 100% in the person's shoes.
        If you are strong motivation to defend tm and iran, all these are nothing in comparison.

The more i would have been a strong and wanted player the more i would have motivation to join tm. Iran needs it more than sweden france or others

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          If you are strong motivation to defend tm and iran, all these are nothing in comparison.

The more i would have been a strong and wanted player the more i would have motivation to join tm. Iran needs it more than sweden france or others
          But you don't even know he wont join TM! My argument is only for why he didn't say right away he's chosen Iran and claimed he needed thinking time.

Saying you needs thinking time is not equal to lack of a strong motivation to join TM! At times you need to be and act political (he's a Swede).

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
            That's fine. Believe me, if Saman was not making the 23 man team of his coach, than the coach believes he has better players. Others here say they don't and don't understand why since January (and even before) Saman was not called - some cite race etc.
            But he gets called to Iran and the Swedish coach finally invites him back after a near 10 month wait? Many should look to the coach for dropping the ball.
            He wasn't scoring and shining in European competition 10 months a go, that is a big factor. Iran calls-up or not he would have been still included in Sweden squad for the next qualifiers in Oct and Nov i believe.

Comment

He will announce tomorrow that he has chosen Iran. There will be a very eloquently written article that shows he has a lot of love for Sweden and he appreciates the invite. But he will confirm that he has chosen Iran.

You guys think Carlos and his professional staff aren't keeping tabs on him and not giving him advice? Of course besides his parents, family and friends, he's a student player under head coach Queiroz who knows his way around in the media. To not offend or disrespect anybody or your country. To professionally and by showing discipline and class, announce your decision the correct way rather than quickly said "No. I chose Iran." Don't you guys think if he did that it would be "too zogh zadan" a little bit?

Don't worry guys, he's staying with Team Melli where he belongs
              Last edited by teammelli91; 09-28-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

The quote from Saman that gives me hope:

Interviewer: when Sweden said that they want to have you in the squad, how did you react?

Saman: It was a shock. It's of course an honor. I was born in Sweden and educated in Sweden but it's a hard decision because... Well, I'll explain tomorrow.

And like someone wrote earlier, his body language also made me feel like he has already chosen Iran. He's doing what he thinks is best, which is stalling it and emphasizing on that it's a hard decision. I think it would've been better if he said no earlier. The swedes had already processed the fact of losing him to Iran, with his stalling he's giving them hope again. If he does let them down, they'll end up more pissed, especially since he's becoming better and better after each game it seems. If he let's us down, well...

Comment

I just beg you guys no matter what his decision, lets not make him out to be a villain here. He is a young talented player. I wish him all the success in the world.
                  "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

What do you mean make him out to be a villain. My parents thought me at an early age that your word is one of the most important things about your character. When you say you will do something, stand by it. Don't renege. Gheirat!

I truly believe that he will decline the Swedish offer, however this is absolutely ridiculous. Should have declined it right off the bat. This doesn't look good.

Comment

Born in Sweden and never lived in Iran; difficult decision at his age and with his circumstances. I'm sure there are thousands different scenarios he's having to consider for his future. He seems like a nice well-rounded young man, so whatever decision he makes is just fine with me and I wish him all the best.

By the way, watched his game today and he's got quick feet, strong body, technical and an eye for the goal. He came close twice to scoring. The TV announcers were full of praises for him as well.
                      "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Man hope he choses us over Sweden! I was a bit sceptical about him being chosen over Rafieie and Shekari but i had never seen him play, but after seeing his game against Hertha i am totally convinced if his qualities. He is really versatile and can play in many positions: CAM, on the wings, as a second striker. He will much more appreciated by Iranians, many Swedes are rascist. Furthermore Sweden is nothing compared to Iran (except in the human right department). Anyway i wish him all the best no matter which country he chooses to represent

Comment

It's not like Aria Jasur's situation in 2013. Where he would have to give up his Japanese citizenship..

Right?..

Comment

^^ No it isn't!
                            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

^ Ok good.

Comment

Well if he chooses Sweden then best of luck to him but the love,passion, loyalty, care and feeling of belonging he can get from 85 million Iranians across the world , he will never get from Sweden , never.

Comment

Working...
                                X