Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ostersunds is outplayed by Hertha till now, hard game for saman to shine .... annd penalty Ostersunds

Comment

25'

1-0 Östersunds PK goal.

Comment

Originally posted by tiesto View Post
        amazing how these two idiot american commentators on Fox say Ghoddos is a swedish international with his first goal for sweden back in Jan ... I can't stand american commentators ... and they "scorrrrrreeeeeeddddd"

Eric Wynalda is the worst - just a cunt
        I hope USA misses out on the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
          True
          But we went through similar bs saga with Ashkan & everything turned out alright at the end.
          In all honestly Dejagah was a proven Bundesliga player with numerous caps for Germany youth levels while Ghoddos is not even playing in a top 10 league at the moment and never played for Sweden NT until very recently.

Of course I want him to play for Iran but even if we lose him to Sweden it won't be a huge loss. Just to put things in perspective: he is not our savior and TM should be a privilege, not an option. CQ always puts the team above the individual and if the news about Ghoddos still thinking about Sweden NT is true, CQ might think Saman is not fully committed and that means that he is no longer worthy of a call up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
            To be honest, I have been put totally off by his “wait till Friday” post that I am not even going to watch his game vs Hertha. After all the things he said, he still is publicly undecided ...
            Even if you count out the very relevant fact that Ghoddos was born in Sweden and the time with TM was the only time he'd been to Iran in his life, you have to consider that his whole argument to the Swedish media for selecting TM was that he only had one offer and that was Iran. They asked him what if the Swedish coach called you today and he answered then I'd think about it. Now that he does have 2 offers on the table, he can not just tell the people he chooses Iran right away! He must live up to what he has said before or else he'd be a 2 faced person. Id do the same thing if I was him.

Let's see what happens in Friday. The Swedish national team coach must have been under a huge pressure from everywhere to invite Ghoddos in time or else he'd be at fault for losing him to Iran. I think this is going to be a tough tough decision for Ghoddos. Whatever he chooses, the fans of the other side will hate him for ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              Of course I want him to play for Iran but even if we lose him to Sweden it won't be a huge loss. Just to put things in perspective: he is not our savior and TM should be a privilege, not an option. CQ always puts the team above the individual and if the news about Ghoddos still thinking about Sweden NT is true, CQ might think Saman is not fully committed and that means that he is no longer worthy of a call up.
              Now you don't need to put him down after saying he needs thinking time. The guy yells "a future star" eventhough he hasn't played in a stronger league than All svenskan. In the CAM position, we do need him badly and that's not a secret. But he does have the right to think about one of the biggest decisions of his life. He's surely got lots of pressure on his shoulders from everywhere. If you were born in Sweden and only been to Iran once, I bet thinking about selecting your national team would be the least you'd ask.

Comment

MOTM for his teams far. Some awesome passes. Good presence up front. He is not as fast as i thought but definitely technical

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                  Now you don't need to put him down after saying he needs thinking time. The guy yells "a future star" eventhough he hasn't played in a stronger league than All svenskan. In the CAM position, we do need him badly and that's not a secret. But he does have the right to think about one of the biggest decisions of his life. He's surely got lots of pressure on his shoulders from everywhere. If you were born in Sweden and only been to Iran once, I bet thinking about selecting your national team would be the least you'd ask.
                  Not putting him down...but wasn't Zandi only once in Iran as well? He didn't even speak Farsi and was half Iranian but still acted like a true patriot and went with all his heart for Team Melli.

Comment

In all honestly Dejagah was a proven Bundesliga player with numerous caps for Germany youth levels while Ghoddos is not even playing in a top 10 league at the moment and never played for Sweden NT until very recently.

I agree with you on what you say but i think it would be a huge loss. Both our CAM are over 30 and in the end of their career (Shojaei, Dejagah) and I don't see PGPL providing good talents lately

Comment

Ouch!!! Tough spot to be in
                      Sweden one game away from qualification
                      Then I’m sure he would have to consider which is going to go further in tournament. BUT, will he get playing time? Sweden has done fine without him. He has to take that into consideration. For Iran, he would deffinately play a greater role for at least 8 to 10 years to come
                      "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Not putting him down...but wasn't Zandi only once in Iran as well? He didn't even speak Farsi and was half Iranian but still acted like a true patriot and went with all his heart for Team Melli.
                        Zandi never had an offer from the German senior national team! He wasn't even close to their quality. If he did, I bet you he'd ask for thinking time as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          Zandi never had an offer from the German senior national team! He wasn't even close to their quality. If he did, I bet you he'd ask for thinking time as well.
                          And why did Zandi get in return? Iran call ruined his career. Shit, he wasn’t even on the team bus after the Angola game in 06
                          "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

any good link guys please?

Comment

It's eventually up to him to choose.
                              but if I were him, I wouldnt have such a difficult decision as some make it out to be. There are two issues that make that decision far more easy to make for me:

1- My place in Sweden's NT compared to Iran's NT is not as reliable and cemented. Chances of being dropped is there in BOTH teams, but higher in sweden's.

2- Chances of reaching and playing the WC (pinnacle of any player's career) is higher with Iran than sweden, especially if he's aiming for a second stint at the WC.

However if he chooses sweden, then so be it. he will have to fight much harder to STAY in the team a few months down the road, I believe.
                              ANY NT is a privilege for any player. It SHOULD be. no matter which nation.
                              neither we nor sweden shd beg him to join. he (and others like him) shd FEEL PRIVILEGED to be picked. Thats all.

Comment

funny to see which jersey he will wear in a possible Iran Sweden friendly...
                                World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                                sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                                If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X