Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not suggesting that he necessarily is thinking this way, however if he has second thoughts, he wouldn't deserve to play for our national team. Our jersey carries a lot of weight, and your heart has to be fully committed to it, it shouldn't be viewed as just an option. He already gave his word, and expressed his desire and dream to play for Iran, and I believe him. He seemed very happy at the camp, and said he wants to challenge Dejagah for playing time. If everything he said were just "words" (not saying it was), he would become one of the most hated Iranians abroad. I just think Sweden still wants him obviously, and since for whatever reason, paper work didn't go through they want to do a final push.

We will see him in TM soon
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
      IKEA country.

Comment

Andersson haya kon!
        Saman ro raha kon!

Comment

anyone know the address of the Swedish embassy in tehran?

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
            He was born in Sweden, had Swedish tax money contribute to his upbringing, and was developed through the Swedish football system. If anything, he'd be much more of "vatanfooroosh" to play for Iran than for Sweden.

Jesus, people... How you gonna get mad at Arabs for bringing in South American players for their national teams and then turn around and act like a person who never lived in Iran owes us something?
            Your constant anti-Iran gigs - in everything from politics to sports - is getting real tiring. You're really going to make an analogy between Saman and the Africans joining Qatar?

Some people here have a real agenda.

Snowflakes.

Comment

Your constant anti-Iran gigs - in everything from politics to sports - is getting real tiring. You're really going to make an analogy between Saman and the Africans joining Qatar?

Snowflakes.
              i dont understand why such members even comment, or why they are even allowed to.

Comment

Snowflakes.
                It's an interesting debate actually - I completely disagree with the Qatar comparison, that is just way off IMO.

But I've always had conflicting thoughts about this scenario. From one point, of course I want good Iranians from abroad to come play for Team Melli. But on the other hand, it really is a huge let down for the home country to build a player from youth only to lose him in his best years. You give him opportunity, nurturing, growth, football education, motivation, support him financially (all the things we see so little of in Iranian football), only for him to basically kick you off a cliff and go to a different team. It definitely hurts.

Now in the Ghoddos case, you can say that some of the blame falls squarely on the Swedish National team. They had ample opportunity to cap tie him and they didn't. Now that he has gotten hot, they feel like they missed out on something.

However overall I think it's still an interesting subject with some good points on each side. At the end of the day, I am not too worried though - pretty certain that he will play for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                  It's an interesting debate actually - I completely disagree with the Qatar comparison, that is just way off IMO.

But I've always had conflicting thoughts about this scenario. From one point, of course I want good Iranians from abroad to come play for Team Melli. But on the other hand, it really is a huge let down for the home country to build a player from youth only to lose him in his best years. You give him opportunity, nurturing, growth, football education, motivation, support him financially (all the things we see so little of in Iranian football), only for him to basically kick you off a cliff and go to a different team. It definitely hurts.

Now in the Ghoddos case, you can say that some of the blame falls squarely on the Swedish National team. They had ample opportunity to cap tie him and they didn't. Now that he has gotten hot, they feel like they missed out on something.

However overall I think it's still an interesting subject with some good points on each side. At the end of the day, I am not too worried though - pretty certain that he will play for TM.
                  See - huge difference between the way you said it and the way "The" said it. Nicely put.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post

Spot on

The only reason though, that if he did flip flop and go back to Sweden, would be extremely messed up and hypocritical of him is the fact that he gave interviews where he said playing for TM is a no-brainer and he wished he did it earlier. Those are strong words to go back on.

Now I highly doubt he will opt for Sweden, and if he did generally speaking I'd still root for him. But when you use those words as fans you got to hold him to it.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

He was welcomed in TM big time and well taken care of by different players. He enjoyed being with them so much that he even said he regretted that he hadn't joined TM earlier.

If he really chooses Sweden after all this, then he didn't deserve to be in TM and we should just wish him good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                        He was welcomed in TM big time and well taken care of by different players. He enjoyed being with them so much that he even said he regretted that he hadn't joined TM earlier.

If he really chooses Sweden after all this, then he didn't deserve to be in TM and we should just wish him good luck!
                        If he chooses Sweden after all this we should be attacking him, this is not one day I want to join this NT the next day I want to join that one...

Comment

Folks,

It's his life, his career, and in general his call, whether we like ir or not is a different discussion, however expecting him to do what pleases us is quite selfish and unfair.

As much as I would love to see him play for TM and as much of a great addition he will be to our offense, but at the same time it's his choice, not mine or yours. Let's put things in perspectives; He was raised in Sweden, he has used all benefits the Swedish citizens receive, Sweden government has definitely respected him as a citizen than one Iranian citizen can think of his/her own government can ever offer to them. He will play for a stronger European national team and get better exposure. Better football federation and most stability. For all i Know after CQ we could face having yet another psycho like MK, QN etc. who hate abroad raised players for TM. Why should he risk his national team football career at such young age?

Having said that all, it'd be a huge blow and bummer to see such great player of big caliber go. Hope to see him take on TM invitation.

Comment

would be VERY disappointing if he chooses Sweden. Maybe he was not really injured and decided against playing in the Syria game to keep his options open
                            “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                              If he chooses Sweden after all this we should be attacking him, this is not one day I want to join this NT the next day I want to join that one...
                              LOL, dude it would be nice if you take a deep breath, think a minute or two before pushing your keyboard buttons and write a post.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                                LOL, dude it would be nice if you take deep breath, think a minute or two before pushing your keyboard and write a post.
                                Same to you!

Comment

Working...
                                X