Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifier: China - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (06.09.2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
    We should definately win our next match against Uzbekistan, definately win our home match against China and both games against Syria. With the 4 points we have already, that would make a total of 16 points. Then we have another 4 matches against Uzbekistan at home, Qatar away and South Korea home and away. Only 3 or 4 points out of those 4 matches should definately be enough then the secure the 2nd place at least.

Come October 6, this game we did a year ago will be the carbon copy of our game to come!!

Comment

Originally posted by AliCarbon View Post
      Does anyone know how bad is Pejmans injury?

An ambulance took him away.

My prayers are with him for a quick recovery.
      He has a torn rotator cuff. He's going to need surgery + physical therapy.

My dad had surgery on his rotator cuff a year ago and had to go through physical therapy and take it easy for 2-3 months. But that's for a regular person (and let me tell you it's not fun).

For an athlete it will take longer. I read in the forum Pejman will be out for 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
        Hopefully bro. I agree with you that CQ will mount the pressure as he is a serious coach that hates to fail. However as fans we have to be united and relay the message that our great coach: you are the coach of the best team in Asia. Be confident and we are behind you! Fear and exaggerating the might of opponents will have a negative psychological effect on both fans and players. Now we have to find a right strategy against Uzbakistan and then Korea. Back to back tough games I wished we had packed 6 points against the minnows. But among the three only Usbakistan did what a powerhouses should do. Korea and Iran have to now run after them.

We are lucky that Usbakistan is not consistent (the Dutch of Asia I can call them) and almost 100% of the time lose the advantage the have; however we can't capitalize on that as they may be lucky this time and one of the regulars whether iran or Korea will be sent to playoff.

If you ask my personal opinion; if we go this conservative; I think we manage with 8 points against Qatar and China. We get the full 6 points against Syria (last match with Syria is our advantage over Korea ). We end up with 3 points each against Korea and Uzbakistan. Altogether 20 points. I have the feeling Uzbakistan and Iran will make it to the finals and Korea will play the playoff. The tie against Syria today and a shaky performance against China at home and giving up a +3 GD; will catch Koreans in the end when Iran has a Syrian game in final I think that is where Korea pays. A situation that Uzbakistan had in the last WCQ. Too early to judge though because if we manage to defeat Uzbakistan in Tashkent; then things change and then we can write other scenarios! But for now on paper Uzbakistan has done just great and if China does not stop them and lose both games against Uzbakistan then we can say Uzbakistan will be the one through this time and Korea and Iran have to fight for the 2nd. Let's see.
        I also have the same feeling. That we will qualify with Uzbekistan and Korea will have to go through play-offs this time around.

But of course it depends on many factors. We can't just say that this will happen for sure in the future. I like your analysis though. I think it's a good way of looking at which results will see us go through. I remember we did this analysis/prediction back in 2012 for the 2014 WCQ'ers.

But what I can promise you Arash jan is that these 3 teams will give each other hell. We will experience 4 exciting matches.

Comment

Originally posted by AliCarbon View Post
          Does anyone know how bad is Pejmans injury?

An ambulance took him away.

My prayers are with him for a quick recovery.
          Too bad it wasn't Taremi

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post

Come October 6, this game we did a year ago will be the carbon copy of our game to come!!
            i

I know hey? We did great in that friendly. We attacked a lot and were fearless. I hope CQ adopts the same strategy. Our team has got younger and had scouted more talents while Uzbeks have got older and a bit rusty. I hope and wish this time he goes with a brave heart and doesn't say: Uzbakistan is best in Asia and we have chance next to them because both in terms of infrastructure and might we are way over them. I hope we can repeat that friendly as well. CQ WE WANT BOTH GUCCI AND AZMOUN THIS GAME. PLEASEEEE
            sigpic
            SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
            IRAN
            - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Working...
            X