This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
    I strongly disagree I think the match would end 2-2 with a back-heel goal from Ando and a header goal from Jahanbakhsh resulting from a Hajsafi cross who himself got the ball from Ezzatollahi previously

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
      Hollands Defensive Players suck ass.
      Holland is obviously the better team on paper but their style of football ( strong attack weak defense) is very easily
      Countered by our formation.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
      I'd agree with you if we were an attacking minded team! When we sit back and defend with 11 men, specially against a team like Holland, I just can't see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
        I strongly disagree I think the match would end 2-2 with a back-heel goal from Ando and a header goal from Jahanbakhsh resulting from a Hajsafi cross who himself got the ball from Ezzatollahi previously
        LOOOOOOOOOOOL....you forgot a long shot from behind the 18 box from Azmoun who got the ball from Milad Mohammadi who dribbled passed 5 Dutch players before passing the ball to him!

So that makes the result 3-2 in our favor then!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
          There is no way we could score 2 goals against Holland! Specially with our defensive style of football. We can not even score more than 1 against S. Korea! 2-1 loss against Holland is more probable and the 1 goal we score might come from a penalty! That's all.
          We can score 2 against Chile, why not Holland?

Let's not confuse WCQ matches with Friendly matches. In WCQ matches TM has to be more cautious (and defensive) which is why they go by the 1-0 Trademark wins.

In Friendly matches there is more room to try out new tricks and stuff, and be more creative, which might allow for more goals.

Comment

I'd agree with you if we were an attacking minded team! When we sit back and defend with 11 men, specially against a team like Holland, I just can't see that happening.
            You seem to believe that we are the same team from 2014. We don't just sit back. The games against Uzbekistan and Korea and Chile have demonstrated that we don't just sit back.

IMHO we pretty much play the same style as Atlético Madrid.
            Strong midfield and defense with the vital addition of wing backs in attack.

We are very lucky to have both mohammadi and Ramin who are both gifted offensively and have good pace.

The only area where holland is significantly stronger than us is their attack.

Even their midfielders aren't that much better.

AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
              We can score 2 against Chile, why not Holland?

Let's not confuse WCQ matches with Friendly matches. In WCQ matches TM has to be more cautious (and defensive) which is why they go by the 1-0 Trademark wins.

In Friendly matches there is more room to try out new tricks and stuff, and be more creative, which might allow for more goals.
              Because there is a difference between Chile and Holland. Look at our result against Sweden. We always play better against South American teams than European teams!

Comment

Because there is a difference between Chile and Holland. Look at our result against Sweden. We always play better against South American teams than European teams!
                Iran played just as good against Sweden as they did against Chile.

The result was different. It doesn't mean Iran didn't play well against Sweden. They did. And the result could have went either way to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                  You seem to believe that we are the same team from 2014. We don't just sit back. The games against Uzbekistan and Korea and Chile have demonstrated that we don't just sit back.

IMHO we pretty much play the same style as Atlético Madrid.
                  Strong midfield and defense with the vital addition of wing backs in attack.

We are very lucky to have both mohammadi and Ramin who are both gifted offensively and have good pace.

The only area where holland is significantly stronger than us is their attack.

Even their midfielders aren't that much better.

ok dude!

With that optimism, I get optimistic we can get a medal in the WC!

Comment

That result could have went either way to be honest.
                    Are you kidding me? Sweden who themselves struggle against Holland (despite results), played 1 ghol 2 ghol with us! They scored a goal against us at will.

Comment

Iran played just as good against Sweden as they did against Chile.
                      The result was different. It doesn't mean Iran didn't play well against Sweden.
                      Yes, and that is my point! Eventhough we played equally well against Sweden, we lost with 3-1 compared to winning with 2-0 against Chile. That says a lot about us and our strength against a good European team compared to a South American one. and Holland is much stronger than Sweden.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying European teams are stronger than South American teams! But from our previous experiences against such teams (Argentina, Chile), it seems our style is just better suited against South American teams. We still struggle against European ones.

Comment

Yes, and that is my point! Eventhough we played equally well against Sweden, we lost with 3-1 compared to winning with 2-0 against Chile. That says a lot about us and our strength against a good European team compared to a South American one. and Holland is much stronger than Sweden.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying European teams are stronger than South American teams! But from our previous experiences against such teams (Argentina, Chile), it seems our style is just better suited against South American teams. We still struggle against European ones.
                        I don't believe that we have bigger problems vs. Europeans then South American's. Whenever we faced a quality opposition side the difference was their big player. Big players tend to shit on us. Ronaldo did everything he wanted vs. us in 06, Messi's goal last world cup, and Zlatan's quality was the difference vs. sweden. We struggle against teams that possess big players like them. Chile got some big players too but Vidal and Sanchez are imcomparable to the other 3.

Comment

Everyone stop comparing our TM of today to the one against Sweden. We are 10 times stronger now then we were then. Lets invite Sweden to Tehran and settle scores against them. I say we beat them. Specially if Zlatan is not part of that team any longer.
                          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
                            I don't believe that we have bigger problems vs. Europeans then South American's. Whenever we faced a quality opposition side the difference was their big player. Big players tend to shit on us. Ronaldo did everything he wanted vs. us in 06, Messi's goal last world cup, and Zlatan's quality was the difference vs. sweden. We struggle against teams that possess big players like them. Chile got some big players too but Vidal and Sanchez are imcomparable to the other 3.
                            Judging by the results, Zlatan's quality seemed slightly, just slightly higher than Messi's against us then!

If I bring up Bosnia, then another excuse will come up, like we were tired. The fact is, every big team have big players. and we have shown we are more prone to struggle against European teams than South American ones. The rest are opinions and views.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                              We are 10 times stronger now then we were then.
                              and beside Nekounam <=> Ezzatollahi switch, what is the difference between this team and that team?? It must be a lot since it's made us so much stronger today!!!

Comment

Judging by the results, Zlatan's quality seemed slightly, just slightly higher than Messi's against us then!

If I bring up Bosnia, then another excuse will come up, like we were tired. The fact is, every big team have big players. and we have shown we are more prone to struggle against European teams than South American ones. The rest are opinions and views.
                                I didn't say I don't completely agree, but like I said World Class players are world class players for a reason and they can bury you with one chance!

Comment

Working...
                                X