This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
    Long interview with CQ after today's meeting with Taj.

http://static2.90tv.ir/342ac4e/Keyro...06_90tv.ir.mp4
    I thought this was a GREAT interview by CQ and definitely one of the best ones I've seen:

1 - He emphasises the word "we" meaning everyone around TM should be working as a team and a failure is a failure for everyone.

2 - Really liked his subtle dig @ Abedini basically calling him a fat cat a few times!

3 - CQ knows that Abedini doesn't have the authority or power to do crap. His position and influence in the federation is much less than Asadi's was and if CQ survived that from someone much bigger than Abedini, he should basically just STFU and stick his responsibilities.

Ultimately, I don't think we should be frustrated... the IFF becoming a better federation is a process that is going to take time and CQ actually makes a mention of this in the interview that when Taj became the head of the IFF the federation was in "ashes".

CQ is not going to change the screwed up mentality of the last 40 years all by himself in one night. It is clear that he's getting support from a lot of people even inside the federation and given time perhaps there's hope for the IFF afterall as Absedini type people have been eliminated to the fringe.

I am not only hopeful because of what's happening but because if we qualify for consecutive WC's for the first time in our history it's going to be nearly impossible for all this hard work to be undone.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
      Look, to me it makes no difference who we are talking about. be it Ghotbi, Carlos, MK, GN or you. If I think he is in the "wrong", I criticize it. If I think he is in the "right", I defend it. My Posts on this board prove that, as I have both defended and criticized all the above mentioned names.
      I invented the phrase "In Carlos we trust" on this board, when many people were on his throat.

now ask yourself this question: when was the last time Iran played a meaningful "friendly"?
      over the course of 5 years, how many times did we have a so called friendly match planned only to see it get called off? how many times did Carlos Qeiroz give out a statement showing his dissatisfaction about friendly cancellation?? How many times did he go to IFF and sit there for 12 hours? ZERO times, Until this fiasco!!
      but every time his money has been late, he has made some kind of a scene!!

I don't care if you are the God of coaches, if you sit at federations headquarters for 12 HOURS, challenging someone in the federation to come over there to "pay you and fire you" then you are acting "unprofessionally"..

If Carlos qeiroz is so upset about not having a friendly game, he should be upset at the guy who he seems to be happy with, and that's Mr. Taj!! he is responsible for friendly matches not Abedini. Ironically, Abedini is responsible for "money".. he is the head of the IFF's finances!! get it? you see the connection?

I didn't even watch the video to the end and I have no idea what he has said about Perspolis or Branko, but this is another one of his tactics to get attention because he knows when he mentions Perspolis directly or indirectly it is going to get public attention.

Iranians have a habit of defending someone 100% of the times regardless of everything!! I DO NOT do that. I don't care that I have defended Carlos 1 million times in 1 million different situations. If in the next situation I feel he is in the "wrong", I will Criticize him.

You will see, that once he gets "paid", all is good again, and he won't be so angry over "Ali Karimi" not getting his international experience!!
      You should start by watching the whole video...

Abedini is running his mouth, saying that they have money. Abedini brought up the subject of money, so what should CQ respond with? The weather?

Abedini says they have money, which they clearly don't. And if they DO have money, then its even more alarming that TM and staff are seeing none of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
        Any time he takes a shot at Branko (and by extension PP management) you seem to come and say something weird about CQ. I know PP is your team, but is a league title that important to you?

What has CQ said here that isn't true. Everyone else in Iranian football just talks shit, CQ answers their BS and confronts them. This isn't a carnival, CQ isn't going to take nonsense from people who can't command respect, and are only looking for excuses.
        what he say about branch is true i think branko is more pissed because CQ is more popular than him, also i personally believe the team melli branko had was better than this, yet he did shit with them, imagine what CQ could have done with ali karimi, mahdavikia and hashemian, nekonam and ando in prime, along with a good defence

Comment

The Portuguese man is making a scene for his paycheck!

Friendly is an excuse!!
          i have a question, you work right?if you don't get paid on time will you not make a scene, what happen if your boss say ohh we will pay you in 2 months, because we have no money?

Comment

The only people who get paid in time and a lot are the ones wearing the Turbans and their reeshoo gangs. Everyone else take a number

Comment

The assertion that this latest saga is simply limited to CQ's disappointment over the non-timely payment of his salary, and that all will be well and good on CQ's end the instant he gets his paycheck, is false.

If it was truly the case that CQ's primary core concern was limited to receiving his salary in a timely fashion, he simply would have never signed a new contract with the IFF in 2014. His past coaching history confirms that if he feels that he hasn't received the necessary cooperation from football authorities, he will resign; after qualifying South Africa to the World Cup in 2002, he resigned from the job before the WC due to what he interpreted as insufficient cooperation from their FA.

He has been in Iran since April 2011, and very rarely has he, or his staff, timely received their wages. It is unprofessional for sure, but that's not a deal breaker for him. His primary concerns, from day one, have been about TM having proper conditions (i.e. training pitches, camps, friendlies, cooperation from the clubs and coaches to release the players to him, etc.) in order to be competitive in all competitions.

Carlos is a wealthy guy; he has coached at the highest levels for both club and country in some of Europe's most historic teams. Also, his salary is substantially higher than his assistants. My point is that CQ, unlike his assistants, can afford to go without receiving his salary on time for an extended period. For these reasons, he has actually been relatively quiet about not receiving his salary, but he has been quite vocal about his assistants, and staff not receiving their payments, as they have a greater need for it than he does.

If anyone doubts this, go to minute 40 of this video and watch:

It's embarrassing just to even listen to this. Fekresh bokon; our headcoach withdrew money from his own personal bank account in his own country just to pay the salaries of his staff/assistants. Would any other coach do this? Would any other coach of comparable stature tolerate this type of nonsense? Would any other coach continuously put up with such absurd circumstances, even if they had the capacity to privately pay their assistants?!

As I said, if CQ was only concerned about receiving his paycheck, he wouldn't have re-signed after Brasil, and he would have gone somewhere else to coach. It is true that his salary in Iran is probably higher than what he could receive elsewhere, but given all the nonsense/BS that he has to put up with, it isn't worth the trouble and he could easily find employment coaching another team in another country while receiving a good, (albeit lesser) timely paid salary ..... unlike branko, who was unemployed for a full year and a half before returning to Iran, as no other country was willing to offer him a job!

Go to minute 37:30, and watch: CQ can't be any more transparent about this:

Here's another one that's more to the point:

As for the other assertion that was raised, that CQ never previously complained about the team not receiving proper/adequate friendlies, again, totally false to the point of dishonesty!

He has actually been very vocal about this, for years, and there is well-documented evidence to support this: go to minute 21 (I'm sure everyone remembers this interview):

Also, his complaints about not receiving friendly matches is well documented in the international press: "World Cup preparation problems frustrate Iran manager Carlos Queiroz"

https://www.theguardian.com/football...carlos-queiroz

More recently, TM was supposed to have a friendly against Palestine before AC '15, which got cancelled. CQ was livid and didn't hold back to the press. Likewise, TM was supposed to play a friendly vs. Ghana, and hold a training camp in Portugual in the fall of 2013, which the IFF cancelled ..... CQ was infuriated and didn't hold back to the press.

The bottom line is that CQ was rightfully pissed off, as "Ando Teymourian" explained, because the FA's finance minister failed to execute his responsibilities, and even insulted CQ on top of it by saying that Carlos can go elsewhere! CQ is concerned that TM will ultimately pay the price for this type of ineptitude and vindictiveness, and it is a very legitimate concern.

GO GET EM CARLOS!!!!!
              Zendebahd Iran

Comment

^you should be an lawyer, the way you find evidence!

Comment

Look, to me it makes no difference who we are talking about. be it Ghotbi, Carlos, MK, GN or you. If I think he is in the "wrong", I criticize it. If I think he is in the "right", I defend it. My Posts on this board prove that, as I have both defended and criticized all the above mentioned names.
                  I invented the phrase "In Carlos we trust" on this board, when many people were on his throat.

now ask yourself this question: when was the last time Iran played a meaningful "friendly"?
                  over the course of 5 years, how many times did we have a so called friendly match planned only to see it get called off? how many times did Carlos Qeiroz give out a statement showing his dissatisfaction about friendly cancellation?? How many times did he go to IFF and sit there for 12 hours? ZERO times, Until this fiasco!!
                  but every time his money has been late, he has made some kind of a scene!!

I don't care if you are the God of coaches, if you sit at federations headquarters for 12 HOURS, challenging someone in the federation to come over there to "pay you and fire you" then you are acting "unprofessionally"..

If Carlos qeiroz is so upset about not having a friendly game, he should be upset at the guy who he seems to be happy with, and that's Mr. Taj!! he is responsible for friendly matches not Abedini. Ironically, Abedini is responsible for "money".. he is the head of the IFF's finances!! get it? you see the connection?

I didn't even watch the video to the end and I have no idea what he has said about Perspolis or Branko, but this is another one of his tactics to get attention because he knows when he mentions Perspolis directly or indirectly it is going to get public attention.

Iranians have a habit of defending someone 100% of the times regardless of everything!! I DO NOT do that. I don't care that I have defended Carlos 1 million times in 1 million different situations. If in the next situation I feel he is in the "wrong", I will Criticize him.

You will see, that once he gets "paid", all is good again, and he won't be so angry over "Ali Karimi" not getting his international experience!!
                  CQ originally did not criticize him for lack of friendlies or not being paid.
                  sigpic

Comment

Iran to play in a friendly game against Zimbabwe in Naghshe Jahan stadium's first match on Nov. 7th. Not confirmed yet.
                    ایران - زیمبابوه افتتاحیه ورزشگاه نقش جهان

تیم ملی فوتبال ایران در دیدار با زیمبابوه ورزشگاه نقش جهان اصفهان را افتتاح خواهد کرد .

به گزارش ورزش سه ، در پی لغو بازی دوستانه با دو تیم تایلند و عراق ، تیم زیمبابوه برای دیدار دوستانه با ایران معرفی شده که البته هنوز این حریف مورد تایید کارلوس کی روش قرار نگرفته است . اما در صورت تایید از سوی سرمربی تیم ملی این بازی ورزشگاه نقش جهان اصفهان را افتتاح خواهد کرد .

زیمبابوه حریف قوی تری نسبت به عراق و تایلند محسوب می شود و برای بازی در ایران 50 هزار دلار دریافت خواهد کرد. این تیم با 14 لژیونر اولین تیمی است که به جام ملتهای آفریقا (گابن 2017)صعود کرده است .

در صورت توافق ایران با زیمبابوه با نظر سرمربی این دیدار در روز هفتم نوامبر (8 روز دیگر ، دوشنبه 17 آبان ) برگزار می شود .

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Wow would be awesome to see TM play in a different city than Tehran for once.

Comment

IFF confirms: Iran - Papua New Guinea, November 11th in Malaysia

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1368822...84%D8%B2%DB%8C

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                          IFF confirms: Iran - Papua New Guinea, November 11th in Malaysia

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1368822...84%D8%B2%DB%8C
                          Papua New Guinea beat Malaysia 2-0, so why not...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Comment

Good friendly, probably same level as singapore whom we tried to play.
                            All we need is a semi decent opponent to help our young players gel together.

Comment

They tied new zealand in the qualifier and lost on PSO.

http://m.fifa.com/worldcup/prelimina...ex.html#276475

Comment

"Fun" fact: Papua New Guinea Head coach was with Mes Kerman last.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flemming_Serritslev

Comment

Working...
                                X