• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chael McGregor View Post
    Also, I think last time Uzbekistan did pretty well in Azadi Jahanam
    This happened when Iran played in Uzbekistan

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
      Lol, so cocky about that lucky win gifted by the referee. At least our goal in Tashkent was scored in open play. Your player elbowed ours in the head, then the referee gave you a free kick which you scored on.

I feel like Uzbeks forget how the game was gifted to them. Both games had fair goals called off, but Iran should have tied 1-1 in Tashkent and won 1-0 in Tehran. The refereeing decisions in both games were bs. Mohammad Nouri's goal in Tehran was 100% fair, and your goal was gifted by AFC refereeing. Congrats. Can't wait for Azmoun to head a couple goals over that balding Denisov.
      haha. we'll see about Azmoun scoring couple goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        This happened when Iran played in Uzbekistan

that's what you call luck now. Iran scored last min goals in both games where Uzbekistan dominated in both WCQ match and last friendly match

Comment

I like how basically every team that plays CQ's TM thinks they dominated because they passed the ball more around the back than us Usually the same "you won but you were lucky! we dominated!!" Every single team, yet we do the same to everyone every time

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
            I like how basically every team that plays CQ's TM thinks they dominated because they passed the ball more around the back than us Usually the same "you won but you were lucky! we dominated!!" Every single team, yet we do the same to everyone every time
            Possession means much less in today's football than it did in the past.

Also, to this fellow saying they dominated both WCQ is so unfair. They had absolutely nothing to say to us in Tehran until their goal, and I think that loss was actually one of the better 90 min games we played that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
              Also, to this fellow saying they dominated both WCQ is so unfair. They had absolutely nothing to say to us in Tehran until their goal, and I think that loss was actually one of the better 90 min games we played that year.
              Let them be cocky, I'm excited for these visitors to go extinct again when their team gets overconfident barely beating Qatar and Syria and end up choking when it counts, AGAIN.

Congrats to Uzbeks on their win in Tehran. Congrats to them on also losing every important game they've ever had that mattered. Even if they beat us 5-0, they'll still miss the World Cup.

Iran can win important matches, Uzbeks can't. Iran starts off slow and finishes strong. I prefer that to Uzbeks who ALWAYS start off hot and then blow games at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post

I was only referring to the matches in Uzbekistan. 1 WCQ match in 2013 and 1 friendly in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                  Let them be cocky, I'm excited for these visitors to go extinct again when their team gets overconfident barely beating Qatar and Syria and end up choking when it counts, AGAIN.
                  Congrats to Uzbeks on their win in Tehran. Congrats to them on also losing every important game they've ever had that mattered. Even if they beat us 5-0, they'll still miss the World Cup.
                  Iran can win important matches, Uzbeks can't. Iran starts off slow and finishes strong. I prefer that to Uzbeks who ALWAYS start off hot and then blow games at the end.
                  who is being cocky? just stating the facts here. It's actually Iranian fans who are getting cocky after beating Qatar through luckiest goal ever thx to Qatari keeper and drawing China. Uzbekistan hasn't been that impressive despite 2 wins, but so is Iran.

Comment

don't mistake incompetent Uzbek officials with deliberate actions of Arabs. case in point: Uzbekistan is only country along with N.Korea that has exit visa requirement for its citizens. All traveling Uzbeks face this bs visa issues whenever they visit Uzbekistan.

I don't think it is anything deliberate. Also, I think last time Uzbekistan did pretty well in Azadi Jahanam
                    Kazakhstan also has it.
                    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Can't wait to see what line-up King Carlos has in store... I wanna win this game badly

Comment

who is being cocky? just stating the facts here. It's actually Iranian fans who are getting cocky after beating Qatar through luckiest goal ever thx to Qatari keeper and drawing China. Uzbekistan hasn't been that impressive despite 2 wins, but so is Iran.
                        It's ironic considering your goal against Qatar was also quite lucky from their goalkeeper's mistake on a wrong exit, in a match were they dominated for the most part

Comment

If you actually want to talk about facts let's take a look at a few:

- UZB record vs Iran: in 6 matches: 1 win, 1 draw, and 4 losses

^ I would hardly call that luck....looks more like an Asian giant's record over a mediocre Asian team's record.

- Iran #1 ranked team in Asia for the last 2 years, UZB bouncing between 4, 5, 6 (not saying FIFA rankings are accurate but they definitely give u an idea of where a team lies and that's a pretty decent gap)
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            If you actually want to talk about facts let's take a look at a few:
                            - UZB record vs Iran: in 6 matches: 1 win, 1 draw, and 4 losses
                            ^ I would hardly call that luck....looks more like an Asian giant's record over a mediocre Asian team's record.
                            - Iran #1 ranked team in Asia for the last 2 years, UZB bouncing between 4, 5, 6 (not saying FIFA rankings are accurate but they definitely give u an idea of where a team lies and that's a pretty decent gap)
                            as I stated earlier -->"I was only referring to the matches in Uzbekistan. 1 WCQ match in 2013 and 1 friendly in 2015." and can u find my post where I said Uzbekistan will dominate or win on Thursday? someone brought up last 2-3 matches, I simply responded.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                              It's ironic considering your goal against Qatar was also quite lucky from their goalkeeper's mistake on a wrong exit, in a match were they dominated for the most part
                              yes you can certainly argue that, but it wasn't bad as Qatari keeper just giving the ball away to Iran in front of the goal.

Comment

yes you can certainly argue that, but it wasn't bad as Qatari keeper just giving the ball away to Iran in front of the goal.
                                Was this one lucky too by any chance?

Comment

Working...
                                X