• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ will head to Rostov to watch Sardar vs ManUtd

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
      CQ will head to Rostov to watch Sardar vs ManUtd
      He should get his a$$ to Sweden instead!!!

Comment

Cup.ir published the predicted squad for the training camp without legionnaires

GK: Akhbari, Beiranvand, Mazaheri
        DEF: Iranpourian, Rezaeian, Ghafouri, Hosseini, Pourghaz, M. Ansari, Hajsafi
        MID: Kamyabinia, Ebrahimi, Shojaeian, Rafiei, Pahlevan
        ATT: Taremi, Amiri, S. Ansari, Torabi

Possible call-ups: Aghaei, Hatami, Teymourian, Mosalman, Mahini, Barzay, Esmaeili, K. Rezaei, Heydari, Beitsaeed, Ebrahimzadeh
        Legionnaires, that will probably be called up: Makani, Mohammadi, Pouraliganji, Montazeri, Ezatollahi, Jahanbakhsh, Dejagah, Shojaei, Azmoun, Ghoochannejhad, Ansarifard, Zahivi
        Last edited by 04041374; 03-08-2017, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
          He should get his a$$ to Sweden instead!!!
          why?
          expain

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
            why?
            expain
            Yes sir! At your service! lol

To see Ghoddos of course before we lose him to Sweden! That's more urgent.

Comment

I'd be so surprised if Ghoddos was called up. Just like I was surprised when Atashkadeh was called up to a training camp, but him and Tafazolli must be looked at by our coaches, they may offer something different, I don't know if we need something different at this stage, or maybe we do. It's all about our coaches evaluating them first hand.

Comment

I don't get his love for Pourghaz, waste of spot honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  I don't see his love for Pourghaz, waste of spot honestly.
                  surely taf is better than pourghaz (even coming from somebody who thinks taf should at least be in championship before getting a call up)

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                    Yes sir! At your service! lol
                    To see Ghoddos of course before we lose him to Sweden! That's more urgent.
                    he wont be invited so why go there

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      surely taf is better than pourghaz (even coming from somebody who thinks taf should at least be in championship before getting a call up)
                      Would be interested to know why you think that (not saying he isn't just genuinely interested in the discussion, not being too familiar with either player).

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
                        Would be interested to know why you think that (not saying he isn't just genuinely interested in the discussion, not being too familiar with either player).
                        I actually think Pourghaz had his best game at CDM. Tafazolli is a physical beast. I know that doesn't mean anything technical terms but who cares, he's 6'5.

Comment

Probably bc inviting a 30 year old CB with minimal international experience who has emerged very late on inhis career is not as lucrative of an option as an up and coming CB who could be an asset for TM in the near future. Pourghaz is decent but I wouldn't say he's anything special honestly. CQ likes him for his versatility and even played him at DM the last 15-20 min vs Macedonia last summer. Ppl who want Ryan (myself included) to get a call up are just talking about ideally what they'd want to see - it won't actually happen IMO. At least not right now
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            Probably bc inviting a 30 year old CB with minimal international experience who has emerged very late on inhis career is not as lucrative of an option as an up and coming CB who could be an asset for TM in the near future. Pourghaz is decent but I wouldn't say he's anything special honestly. CQ likes him for his versatility and even played him at DM the last 15-20 min vs Macedonia last summer. Ppl who want Ryan (myself included) to get a call up are just talking about ideally what they'd want to see - it won't actually happen IMO. At least not right now
                            I understand that Ryan is physical and young but when I watched the Chelsea game he made Mertasacker look like Usain Bolt. He was unbelievably slow which really concerns me.

Comment

I understand that Ryan is physical and young but when I watched the Chelsea game he made Mertasacker look like Usain Bolt. He was unbelievably slow which really concerns me.
                              Most teams in the world don't play as well as Chelsea has been playing this season, to be fair. Chelsea has been very strong recently, and I don't believe many of our defenders would have been able to alone be good enough to really have done great in Tafazolli's position in that game.

Looking at him objectively for Iran's needs, he can be serviceable in spite of his limitations. We are not likely to find a player of Jalal Hosseini's calibur instantly, and Montazeri is not getting any younger. Tafazolli is strong, tall, and decent defensively. He is not fast, but other than South Korea, we do not play many teams in Asia with the speed of Hazard or Willian (unless Qatar naturalizes them of course).

Tafazolli is probably good enough to be a rotation player for Iran at least. If he continues to play and improve, I do not see why he cannot become a starter someday. Paired up with a more active defender, he can sit back and just guard against chipped balls while the other CB chases strikers more actively. We will see, as I doubt he will be invited for this round of games, but I think we may see him at some point. He seems like a nice guy, so hopefully he gets a chance at the very least in a friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                                Most teams in the world don't play as well as Chelsea has been playing this season, to be fair. Chelsea has been very strong recently, and I don't believe many of our defenders would have been able to alone be good enough to really have done great in Tafazolli's position in that game.

Looking at him objectively for Iran's needs, he can be serviceable in spite of his limitations. We are not likely to find a player of Jalal Hosseini's calibur instantly, and Montazeri is not getting any younger. Tafazolli is strong, tall, and decent defensively. He is not fast, but other than South Korea, we do not play many teams in Asia with the speed of Hazard or Willian (unless Qatar naturalizes them of course).

Tafazolli is probably good enough to be a rotation player for Iran at least. If he continues to play and improve, I do not see why he cannot become a starter someday. Paired up with a more active defender, he can sit back and just guard against chipped balls while the other CB chases strikers more actively. We will see, as I doubt he will be invited for this round of games, but I think we may see him at some point. He seems like a nice guy, so hopefully he gets a chance at the very least in a friendly.
                                It is difficult to judge how good he is for me which is something I'm more than happy to 100% trust CQ with, but I don't buy this Willian and Hazard are fast point. He wasn't beaten in a foot race, he was passed so easily 1 on 1 when he was jockeying, something we have criticized Beitashour for in the past. I would be super intrigued to see him invited and see how he can perform at least in a friendly.

Comment

Working...
                                X