Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjust your expectations: what if we lose or draw against Qatar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjust your expectations: what if we lose or draw against Qatar?

This is more of a precautionary post in case we drop points against Qatar.

Remember, this has happened before and happens all the time. We lost to Lebanon 1-0, We lost to Saudi Arabia in Azadi, We lost to Qatar when it mattered the most back in 1998. In 2001, we lost to Bahrain when we needed to win.
    Adjust your expectations, I am seeing is a bunch of people overconfident that we will beat Qatar by 3 goals.

All I'm saying is, be realistic, be a supportive fan and respect your opponents. The boys will hopefully defeat Qatar at home, but even if we drop points, remember there are 9 more games to go and if history taught us anything, its that anything is possible.
    We always start slow and increase our stride to the end, so please do not call for CQ's head or shojaei to retire after the game if we drop any points.

Again, my post is not only about the Qatar game, but same goes to every single game ya'll expect Iran to brush by easily like China, Syria, and even Uzbekistan.
    I have full trust in CQ and the boys that eventually, they will lead us to the WC.

Listen, as long as qualify that is the important. I dont care about one game if we win the rest. Would be easier to start it all of with a win which we will cause WE GOT FUCKING SARDAR AZMOUN WHAT THE HELL DOES THOSE GUYS HAVE. MUNTAKHABEL AL IRANI SARDAR AZMOOOOUN KOORAAAH GOAAAL YA SALAM KHATIRA KHATIRA QATAR SORAKH

Comment

Everyone loses their Sh*****l.

Comment

It is time to fill Azadi Stadium with maximum capacity and really show support for TM. It is crucial for our boys to walk into a full stadium.

Yes, Qatar has put endless resources to help their football, they have had longer camps (30 plus days), they have played at least 3 games with other national teams, they have bought players from around the world and they are to be respected.

But there will be HELL in Azadi.
        sigpic

Comment

A tie against Qatar in Azadi is not acceptable, especially now CQ has TM under his guidance for over 5 years now and dealt many times with Qatar in the past before.

It will be a hard fought game, since we know that Qatar is good at frustrating us and getting a tie. I don't expect any early scoring, or big margins, just a 1-0 win and that's good. But a 0-0 is far from ideal, the common phrase during all group games is: win your home games and tie your away games.

I would be more content with a tie in China few days later.

Comment

I would say we need to be positive and have confidence we have a young and experience players we have 3 European forwards we have good midfield and defense is good we have a keeper who has World Cup experience as well I would say we will win having sardar and Gucci along with alireza and Ashland and Saeid will help us A lot

Comment

I would be sad, but we'd just have to continue to support TM.
              However, nothing has happened yet. GO TM. Beat Qatar and show them mercenary football means nothing in international football.

Comment

I won't lose my shit, but I expect us to win and win convincingly.
                "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

astaghfarollah

Comment

At the end of the day its we against the world. The world doesent care about us even if we qualify to the world cup we will se articles on how iran shouldent have made it they should have added an european country instead, what i got to say to those people is FUCK YOU GUYS!

Comment

Brangoh and his cronies and a bunch of asshole PP fans shit all over CQ's meticulously planned WCQ preparation plans for these upcoming matches..!! proper preparations make much difference at this juncture of WCQualifications and its clear Gutter are better prepared for Thursday's match..!!
                      i sure as hell wouldnt be surprise if we drop points vs gutter...! nevertheless im hopeful of a win although i think its gonna be a low scoring tie..!!

Comment

Given what we got in our team, quality and stability of our technical team:

Anything less than a win in Azadi = failure

Draw = Failure but not a disaster, we shouldn't panic

Loss = unacceptable under any circumstances

Comment

Qatar soorakhe
                          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

If we draw in tehran, then we MUST win in qatar to maintain at least a chance of qualification (as per win at home, draw away rule, which means get 4 points from each fixture)

If we lose, not only do we HAVE TO beat qatar by a better margin away in qatar, we also must get at least TWO away wins (one naturally shd come against syria, the other maybe china or uzbeks) to have at least a chance of qualifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                              If we draw in tehran, then we MUST win in qatar to maintain at least a chance of qualification (as per win at home, draw away rule, which means get 4 points from each fixture)

If we lose, not only do we HAVE TO beat qatar by a better margin away in qatar, we also must get at least TWO away wins (one naturally shd come against syria, the other maybe china or uzbeks) to have at least a chance of qualifying.
                              CQ says we must fight for 15 points to qualify.
                              I don't think that's enough. TM will need at least 17 to get through.
                              I think Syria will play weakly against everyone but TM, and same with Qatar.
                              What I mean is they'll be 6 points for every team in the group but us.

Comment

Working...
                              X