Back to CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!

Celebration thread for Rostov making Champions league!

Finally we have 2 of our people in this competition.....Azmoun & Ezatollahi

Draw is tomorrow morning

Its been 5 years!! Those few minutes Karimi played in San Siro...

Comment

This is what I love to hear. Azmoun in the champions league, while my enemies Edan Dzeko and Mirlem Pjanic out in Roma. Wonderful days

Comment

Dinamo just scored so might have to make that three legionnaires!! Their opponents need two goals now

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
          Celebration thread for Rostov making Champions league!

Finally we have 2 of our people in this competition.....Azmoun & Ezatollahi

Draw is tomorrow morning
          Great news. Weren't you complaining a few months that we don't have much talents elsewhere compared to Iraqis and Syrians? Just joking bro.

Anyway, Rostov is a talented team. Ajax are not as easy as it looked. Rostov just crushed them mentally with their defense. Berdyev is an amazing coach. I hope CQ stays as long as he can - but if he can't down the lime (years and years from now), then Berdyev is a great coach.

Comment

Originally posted by alireza0101 View Post
            This is what I love to hear. Azmoun in the champions league, while my enemies Edan Dzeko and Mirlem Pjanic out in Roma. Wonderful days
            Pjanic is in juventus

Comment

Three legionarres. Wow. Regardless of draw the experience will be incredibly beneficial no matter what. If they play great teams , more exposure , if they get easier draw , better chance to progress . Win win situation

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
                Its been 5 years!! Those few minutes Karimi played in San Siro...
                That kind of doesn't count really, it has been actually 11 years, since 2005, Karimi in Bayern.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  That kind of doesn't count really, it has been actually 11 years, since 2005, Karimi in Bayern.
                  Don't know if Dejagah at Wolfsburg (2009) counts because he wasn't technically "Iranian" back then

Comment

We never had three Iranians at once in the Champions League if I'm not wrong!! I hope Karimi makes the squad. We have a great season to look forward to and most importantly, the world will now get to see Sardar's talent.
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                      Dinamo just scored so might have to make that three legionnaires!! Their opponents need two goals now
                      i thought he's not even part of the squad

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                        Great news. Weren't you complaining a few months that we don't have much talents elsewhere compared to Iraqis and Syrians? Just joking bro.

No you people just dont know how to read. Firstly i excluded azmoun, saeed and AJ. Secondly i said with our history we should have more players in top leagues where we have less than before where as countries like syria, iraq or others who are less fortunate and live in much worse conditions are able to produce something. We dont really have many youth in top leagues either. This is going backwards to the progress we were making. I didnt say they're better than us, we are obviously ahead, but we need to be in a much better place. why is Iraq in olympics or N. korea wins youth tournaments and our youth cant even make it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                          No you people just dont know how to read. Firstly i excluded azmoun, saeed and AJ. Secondly i said with our history we should have more players in top leagues where we have less than before where as countries like syria, iraq or others who are less fortunate and live in much worse conditions are able to produce something. We dont really have many youth in top leagues either. This is going backwards to the progress we were making. I didnt say they're better than us, we are obviously ahead, but we need to be in a much better place. why is Iraq in olympics or N. korea wins youth tournaments and our youth cant even make it anywhere.
                          Don't want this thread hijacked. I said I was joking but your assessment is completely wrong. Iraq has no body. Neither does Syria. Seria A is declining fast - their teams are getting knocked out in qualification, their league is not competitive. No real good teams outside Juventus.

Iraq makes it because they use overage players systematically and lie about their birthdates through passport manipulation. I don't know why some people here cannot get that through their heads. They manipulate passports all the time. The latest example just happened a few days ago whereby they lied about the birth-place of Brwa Nouri. Nouri was born in Urmia, Iran to Iraqi Kurdish parents - this fact is well known and is in line with his documentation in EU. But in order to speed-up his naturalization process to play for Iraq, they lied about his birth-place on his passport to say he was actually born in Sulaymaniyah, Iraq. This will actually probably make things harder for him because the birth places don't match with his EU documentation.

--------------

Now back to topic.

Sardar, Ezzatollahi, Karimi and Jahanbaksh are all youth (under 23) - and they all play on some of the best teams in their league. Karimi is not there yet, but will be. So your point is moot.
                          Last edited by Tehranto; 08-24-2016, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Have we ever had 2 players in CL simultaneously? I know both Daei and Mahdavikia have played and scored in CL, however not sure if they both played in the same season!?

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                              Have we ever had 2 players in CL simultaneously? I know both Daei and Mahdavikia have played and scored in CL, however not sure if they both played in the same season!?
                              We had Minavand and Daei in 1999, Minavand and Mahdavikia in 2000 and Karimi and Mahdavikia in 2006.

Comment

Working...
                              X