This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nariman View Post
    Sorry but some of you guys are way too picky here - let’s not get ahead ourselves! Picking up every little scene on top of your mind and pointing the finger on it is not really a good way to judge a football player. That way you could even make Messi & Ronaldo look bad. It feels like you expect them to convert every chance and be on top of their play every game - while you miss to see that these talents are already carrying TM on their shoulders and quickly became key players outclassing teams like Korea. They have done a fantastic job so far and only seem too improve day by day!

Often we put too much pressure on our youngsters and make them overheat. Ansarifard scored at age 19 and we went on to put so much pressure on him, even started to label him names in Azadi, that made it so difficult for him to truly adapt himself to TM. These young guns need time, support and patience!
    Haji jan, we are on a discussion forum, hence we are having a discussion. While I don't think our comments here will have any impact on the said players (correct me if I am wrong but I doubt any of the players frequent PFDC) it is not like we are making these comments on their social media pages such as Instagram or Facebook or other social media outlets (I am old, not sure if there are others out there) and attacking them. Nonetheless, a good athlete should be able to perform under pressure, and when they step on the pitch for TM they should know that a country of 70+ million is looking up at them.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
      Haji jan, we are on a discussion forum, hence we are having a discussion. While I don't think our comments here will have any impact on the said players (correct me if I am wrong but I doubt any of the players frequent PFDC) it is not like we are making these comments on their social media pages such as Instagram or Facebook or other social media outlets (I am old, not sure if there are others out there) and attacking them. Nonetheless, a good athlete should be able to perform under pressure, and when they step on the pitch for TM they should know that a country of 70+ million is looking up at them.
      Ostad I never said stop the discussion, I merely shared my thoughts. And in my opinion we shouldn’t spread baseless negative vibes like that - whether here or anywhere else.

Especially youngsters need more patience to become the athletes we like to see. And do you think Azmoun & JB don’t know that a country of 70+ million is looking up at them? I think our team in general is one of the most passionate ones we ever had.
      Formerly known as Persianking!
      Follow me @
      instagram/iranscout
      instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong here but Mahdavikia at 28 was such an experienced player (pokhteh) but between 20-24, he was so much more fun to watch! He was faster, more creative and simply more involved in actions than when he was 28. The same goes to Ali Karimi when he was so much more fun to watch at 21 compared to when he was 28. The same can be said about more or less all our players who were considered young promising talents, like Navidkia, Mobali, Borhani, Kazemian, etc. (Ali Daei, Bagheri, Azizi, Hashemian raised everyone's eyebrows late in their careers).

The point is, we have such a high hopes for these young talents (Azmoun, Ezatollahi, Jahanbakhsh) and in our minds we set it as a given that these players will learn and become much better players later in their careers whereas from all we know, what we see from them right now, might, just might be the best they can be!!! So I guess what I'm trying to say is, just enjoy them right now while they're brilliant guys, cause this might be the best we see from them!

Don't get me wrong. It's good to be hopeful. So am I. But don't set it as a given in your minds that you will see so much more from these players or else you might get badly disappointed. Recent Iranian history certainly points at that direction. But if they do happen to become better players for a change, then all the better!

Comment

"The 10 most beautiful Eredivisie goals in November

#3. Alireza Jahanbakhsh
          Jahanbakhsh makes a difficult period. Private problems have hit the Iranian and so he began the impressive run home match against Heracles (5-1) on the bench. Well if AZ'er raids which resulted just before time in a devastating swipe in the top corner.

Lees verder: http://www.soccernews.nl/news/375095...#ixzz4ReQcDm4W

Comment

Honestly, JB just hasnt delivered when TM has really needed him. I think he's a solid player, but he's not a star player until he can win us a game like others have. He's definitely been clutch for his teams in eredevise, but that syria game was mired withpoor corners tentative dribbling and that missed header. He's not bad dont get me wrong, but he could have been the one to win us the game against syria and china, and the fact that he couldnt leaves something wanting in his performances for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by toopchi View Post
              Honestly, JB just hasnt delivered when TM has really needed him. I think he's a solid player, but he's not a star player until he can win us a game like others have. He's definitely been clutch for his teams in eredevise, but that syria game was mired withpoor corners tentative dribbling and that missed header. He's not bad dont get me wrong, but he could have been the one to win us the game against syria and china, and the fact that he couldnt leaves something wanting in his performances for TM.
              I was in stadium vs korea and he was MOTM

Comment

To win a game is not always about scoring a goal yourself! Without his instrumental move and pass to Rezaeian, we wouldn't have scored that nice goal against South Korea! So you can say he (together with Ezzatollahi, Rezaeian and Azmoun) got us 3 points right there!

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
                  Jahanbakhsh makes a difficult period. Private problems have hit the Iranian
                  What private problems that I read here and there?! Did anyone close in his family die?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                    What private problems that I read here and there?! Did anyone close in his family die?
                    probably just the injury he had some tome ago.

Comment

There is a photo a few days ago of him visiting Dr. Sameie (the famous neurosurgeon). Perhaps a close family member has health issues.
                      Last edited by Nokhodi; 12-02-2016, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        There is a photo a few days ago of him visiting Dr. Sameie (the famous heart doctor). Perhaps a close family member has heart issues.
                        Hope it's not he himself!!!!!

Comment

Hope it's not he himself!!!!!
                          If it was him they certainly wouldn't let him play.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            There is a photo a few days ago of him visiting Dr. Sameie (the famous heart doctor). Perhaps a close family member has heart issues.
                            probably a parent..!!? he is really close to his mom especially...!!

and here all along i was thinking may be he got busted boning his agent's wife..!!? lol jk

Comment

i think that is mostly true and a fair criticism of ARJ ..! at a very least, he could be accused of being inconsistent performer in TM so far..! that doesnt mean that he should Not be a starter and that we have better options on the bench, its sorta like Ashkan, overall their performances just leave more to be desired, cause the potential for it is certainly evident..!!

i think his problem in TM is that he just tries too hard to score goals, where if he focused more primarily on being a Provider/Assister,(which is his official positional responsibility anyhow) then more legit scoring chances will fall for him too..!

for example i can recall in the last few WCQs there were quiet a few occasions where he wasted very good attacking opportunities by trying too hard to score rather than lay a simple square pass to Sardar for an almost certain finish..!! I noticed similar selfishness from our other attacking players, which sorta inspired Azmoun to retaliate in kind and not pass the ball in some situations where it made total sense to do so ..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                                i think that is mostly true and a fair criticism of ARJ ..! at a very least, he could be accused of being inconsistent performer in TM so far..! that doesnt mean that he should Not be a starter and that we have better options on the bench, its sorta like Ashkan, overall their performances just leave more to be desired, cause the potential for it is certainly evident..!!

i think his problem in TM is that he just tries too hard to score goals, where if he focused more primarily on being a Provider/Assister,(which is his official positional responsibility anyhow) then more legit scoring chances will fall for him too..!

for example i can recall in the last few WCQs there were quiet a few occasions where he wasted very good attacking opportunities by trying too hard to score rather than lay a simple square pass to Sardar for an almost certain finish..!! I noticed similar selfishness from our other attacking players, which sorta inspired Azmoun to retaliate in kind and not pass the ball in some situations where it made total sense to do so ..!!
                                People made the same accusations about a young Ronaldo. Now Im not saying JB is on his level but he sure seems to have his mentality which isn't a bad thing. for the next 4-8 years Our offence will be dictated by his game and I predict good things to come from him. He's a born leader give him time.
                                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Working...
                                X